How do ranks work? Can I get a special rank?

HOW TO's and FAQs FOR THE PERPLEXED
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

How do ranks work? Can I get a special rank?

Post by Alphie »

Lexicon ranks track post count. As you pass each posting milestone your rank will automatically change (whether you like it or not!). (For a complete list of ranks and how many posts they require, see here). A few users have been given special ranks in recognition of their contribution to the boards. Their ranks are permanent and do not change with post count.

You can only get a special rank or title by doing something interesting that catches our notice and deserves a title. You do not get a title by asking for one. If you ask for one, that is a pretty good sign that you won't get one. Just be yourself around the boards and if your posts start to stand out for a good reason, we might give you a title.

(Now... that being said... there were several users at the old forums who had earned a title that is now lost. If you were one of the few who had a title and you would like that title restored, please let us know!

And if you are one of the men who visit our site, please let me know. It was pointed out to us that the user ranks have some labels that not all men would feel comfortable with! Since there are relatively few men out there, we have a special rank just for you! PM one of the mods and they will assign you the correct rank.
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Re: How do a get a special title?

Post by Feathers »

Quick question relating to titles/ranks: (apologies if this isn't the proper place to post this)

Are there not going to be general ranks this time? Just the special ones? If there are general ranks, are they not working, and will there be a list? (Or is Ren just blind and can't find it?) Thanks much!

<3 Ren

ETA: Ah! Haha. Lovely, lovely. Ranks are showing up now. You are all really fabulous. It's quite impressive.
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

Adding to Ren's post, sort of:
Could you post the list of normal ranks, like you had up on the old forum?
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Post by Pel »

dragon-girl wrote:Adding to Ren's post, sort of:
Could you post the list of normal ranks, like you had up on the old forum?
Yep! We are currently working on it. Give us a couple of days and it will be back.
y3nd0
Who Needs Spell Check When You Have Me?

Post by y3nd0 »

Alphie wrote:You can only get a special title by doing something interesting that catches our notice and deserves a title. You do not get a title by asking for one. If you ask for one, that is a pretty good sign that you won't get one. Just be yourself around the boards and if your posts start to stand out for a good reason, we might give you a title.

Now... that being said... there were several users at the old forums who had earned a title that is now lost. If you were one of the few who had a title and you would like that title restored, please let us know!
Is it OK to say that I had one (I really did, just that I disappeared from the forums for a while, I don't know if I lost it or not)?
HOORAH FOR DODOBIRDS!
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Post by Pel »

y3nd0 wrote:
Alphie wrote:You can only get a special title by doing something interesting that catches our notice and deserves a title. You do not get a title by asking for one. If you ask for one, that is a pretty good sign that you won't get one. Just be yourself around the boards and if your posts start to stand out for a good reason, we might give you a title.

Now... that being said... there were several users at the old forums who had earned a title that is now lost. If you were one of the few who had a title and you would like that title restored, please let us know!
Is it OK to say that I had one (I really did, just that I disappeared from the forums for a while, I don't know if I lost it or not)?
We will absolutely put back anyone who had a title. Just PM Alphie and tell her and she'll restore yours.
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Feathers wrote:Quick question relating to titles/ranks: (apologies if this isn't the proper place to post this)

Are there not going to be general ranks this time? Just the special ones? If there are general ranks, are they not working, and will there be a list? (Or is Ren just blind and can't find it?) Thanks much!

<3 Ren

ETA: Ah! Haha. Lovely, lovely. Ranks are showing up now. You are all really fabulous. It's quite impressive.
how do general ranks (titles) improve/change?
i realize how ignorant i must sound, but i honestly don't know. :oops:
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
y3nd0
Who Needs Spell Check When You Have Me?

Post by y3nd0 »

y3nd0 wrote:
We will absolutely put back anyone who had a title. Just PM Alphie and tell her and she'll restore yours.

Thank you so much, Pel!
HOORAH FOR DODOBIRDS!
Alcyone
Has More Hidden Talents Than Aro

Post by Alcyone »

samajama wrote:how do general ranks (titles) improve/change?
They change the more you post. For example, when you hit the 500s, it'll be "Helping Mike to Get a Clue". And so on.
Set by *cullens & converse | AB Type
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Alcyone wrote:
samajama wrote:how do general ranks (titles) improve/change?
They change the more you post. For example, when you hit the 500s, it'll be "Helping Mike to Get a Clue". And so on.

Cool, thanks. I guess I've sort of realized that since I've been posting a lot, haha. but thank you :D
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3