General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Post by Lunna-san »

DumBumm wrote:Im not sure that The Volturi would take money from all the tourist that go there to get eaten, i just don't see - mainly Aro, taking money from humans, he knows he's better then that. They probably burn all their wallets, money cards...
The Volturi have been around for 3000 years, so they would have alot of money stashed away... and don't forget all the Gold that they have, but i think if the do get money from somewhere it would have to do with something in the city, Volterra.

With the tourist going missing, i think that what ever happened to the tourist - it happened in a freak accident somewhere far away from Volterra.

I wonder, how do The Volturi guards, like Jane, Alec, Demetri, Felix... so on, get money, do you think The Volturi just gives them money...?
Do they even have a bedroom, or maybe a TV?
It's a good question. Maybe, like some nobles, the Volturi Coven and guard lives in the castle - the court. And probably each one, dependending opn how powerful or what place in scale of Aro's affectioon has a big or a small room, where the vampire can change and have some privacy. I really don't see them watching much TV. The Volturi are a strange coven. I don't see them doing human things like watching TV. Take aside Aro acting like a mate! :shock:

Can anyone picture Caius all lovey dovey with some vampire chick? He never seems to relax. I found really weird the wives thing. None of them looked like that type.
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

Lunna-san wrote:
It's a good question. Maybe, like some nobles, the Volturi Coven and guard lives in the castle - the court. And probably each one, dependending on how powerful or what place in scale of Aro's affection has a big or a small room, where the vampire can change and have some privacy. I really don't see them watching much TV. The Volturi are a strange coven. I don't see them doing human things like watching TV. Take aside Aro acting like a mate! :shock:

Can anyone picture Caius all lovey dovey with some vampire chick? He never seems to relax. I found really weird the wives thing. None of them looked like that type.
Yeah, i never thought Aro or Caius having a wife, ahh, i guess maybe Aro, but it still wouldn't make any sense, cause The Volturi don't understand family bonds, they probably do love but not in the same way as the Cullen's do. The only one i think who actually has been in love, well more then in love, would be Marcus, and the reason i think that is because when Eleazar was part of The Volturi guard, he meet Carmen, they fall in love, when Chelsea tried to break their bonds, she couldn't, because they were more then in love... you could say true lovers, anyway getting back to Marcus, Aro uses Chelsea to make Marcus loyal to the Volturi, but as said on SM site he doesn't show any enthusiasm for it, so getting to my point, the reason he is so down is because he was actually in love, like bella and Edwards relationship, who knows probably more, because Didyme had an aura of happiness around her, which made Marcus happy, but because he was in love he was already happy, (back then he could of just exploded with happiness) so being around Didyme made him Extra happy. I actually think that Edward's and Bella's relationship makes him even more upset, seeing there relationship, it probably reminds him of his and Didymes relationship they had.
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

^That^ is pretty much how I feel, but I'd like to add that with the volturi it's more lust than love, no doubt when Aro's had enough of how one does stuff he'll just kill her then go for another woman. All he wants is sexual pleasure, not a relationship.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
smilsons4life
Settled in Forks

Post by smilsons4life »

Ok i have a question. iknow it probably says it in the book but im too llazy to go back and search just in case its not in there. Ok, How old are the Volturri guard? its been bugging me can anyone answer?

thanks
from,
sarah :D
Landiana
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

it depends on the vampire. it says that some are permanent and some are transistory, eg jane and alec are permanent, but have not been around for that long in vampire terms. each vamp guard would have been changed at a different time.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
Gitta
Wandering Through Town

Post by Gitta »

I actually don't see that the Volturi can do so much except for eating humans and control other vampires what are they doing in their sparetime and since they don't seem to hve any intimate realationship do they just sit in Volterra and waiting for something big to happen?

BTW don't you think that Johnny Depp would fit perfectly as Aro :D
EdwardNJessi
Learning to Love Green

Post by EdwardNJessi »

Valentina wrote:It seems kind of tacky to steal from your dinner.
muahahahaha! lol. That was pretty witty, my friend.
EdwardNJessi
Learning to Love Green

Post by EdwardNJessi »

You know...as I was reading about the Volturi, I started to make a lot of comparisons with the Italian coven in "Interview with a Vampire." You know...the one that Antonio Banderas' character is in? Anyway, just like the Volturi, that coven bring in "food" by acting as a tourist destination. i.e. "Come see this play! Or come see ancient Italy!" At least that is how I interpreted the whole thing in the book.

Someone brought up a good point earlier...about why there weren't more suspicions about missing tourists. That's a really good questions. I mean, someone would have had to make the connection that tourists keep disappearing in the same area of Italy....

And as far as money goes, they are probably pretty good at investing and earning income. Plus, the 100's of years that they are together probably provide a good way of stashing everything away....

I would love to be able to read up about the Volturi coven a little more. That's why Stephenie Meyer needs to write some more books!!!!
Landiana
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

i dont think they come from the same area - Alice said they had to get it from as far afield as they could. so for all we know it could be coming from Germany.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

EdwardNJessi wrote:You know...as I was reading about the Volturi, I started to make a lot of comparisons with the Italian coven in "Interview with a Vampire." You know...the one that Antonio Banderas' character is in? Anyway, just like the Volturi, that coven bring in "food" by acting as a tourist destination. i.e. "Come see this play! Or come see ancient Italy!" At least that is how I interpreted the whole thing in the book.
I have never made that comparrison but now that you have mentioned it I don't know how I missed it. And both of the Covens are quite creepy, although I have to say I like Antonio Banderas a bit more than Aro.
EdwardNJessi wrote:
Someone brought up a good point earlier...about why there weren't more suspicions about missing tourists. That's a really good questions. I mean, someone would have had to make the connection that tourists keep disappearing in the same area of Italy....
Edward says that Volterra is probaly the safest place for people (from vampires) because hunting is forbidden in the city. So they have to "import all of their food" and the Volturi are smart enough not to get people from the same place in Eurpe over and over again. My guess is that maybe they send ot Heidi to intercept a tourist group somewhere in Italy (or further) and then she suprises them with a trip to the beautful city of Volterra.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’