General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

To expand the question a little further, do you think James knew about Alice's "gift" since he knew her from the asylum? If so, he would know how to alter his thoughts to obscure her visions.....so she wouldn't see his plan to get Bella there....? hmmmm... :?
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Interesting debate you two....Hmm....If I may be so bold to jump in here :lol:
I'm inclined to agree with roseaurora on this one. Never had the thought that Alice saw it ahead and let it happen. Who knows, though? I guess this one is a matter of opinion *shrugs*

twilightsagaaddict, I can't recollect if that was ever mentioned, if he knew, I mean....anyone else know?
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I think James wanted Alice because of her scent, but when her "sire" (for lack of a better word) changed her, he lost interest.

I doubt he hung around long enough to figure out if she was "special" seeing as she "woke up" all alone.
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

ringswraith wrote:I think James wanted Alice because of her scent, but when her "sire" (for lack of a better word) changed her, he lost interest.

I doubt he hung around long enough to figure out if she was "special" seeing as she "woke up" all alone.

Lost interest and he could no longer drink any of her blood.

I agree, he hung around just long enough to kill her sire and left not really bothering at all with Alice. My guess is it all happened while she "in her 3 days" so she had no idea and James was gone before she even woke.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

I don't think it was ever mentioned that James knew of her visions-it was just something I thought of as I watched the movie again over the weekend! I was trying to find a reason why Alice missed it. Thanks for the responses everyone!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
TeamEdward1918
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

I know, I just watched the movie again last night, and wondered the same thing, lol.
Just never got around to asking the question myself so thanks! :D
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullens_love »

What would have been if Bella and Jacob were a couple by time Alice showed up. Would Bella have broken up with Jacob?
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
Bellsuz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bellsuz »

cullens_love wrote:What would have been if Bella and Jacob were a couple by time Alice showed up. Would Bella have broken up with Jacob?

I'm going have to go with 100% yes on that one. I think she would have broken up with him for sure. She loves Jake, but not with the passion she has for Edward. The second Edward ever became an option again Jake would have been an afterthought. She would have felt bad for Jake of course, but not enough to stay with him.

I think that would happen no matter how long Edward was gone.
Last edited by Bellsuz on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

cullens_love wrote:What would have been if Bella and Jacob were a couple by time Alice showed up. Would Bella have broken up with Jacob?
As much as she would have hated hurting Jacob that much, yes, I really think she would've broken up w/ him. She would have gone with Alice to save Edward (b/c she wouldn't want the Cullens hurt by his death), and once she saw Edward... well, nothing else would have mattered.

Image Image Image
eclipserox

Post by eclipserox »

Here's a question. I also posted it on the Alice board, but that board isn't very busy and I wanted to hear more people's opinions.

Alice had been Bella's best friend throughout the series. Alice told Bella she was like a sister to her. Alice had looked out for Bella numerous times, protecting her and helping her. Alice had taken Bella's side over Edward's, i.e. when she voted in favor of Bella becoming a vampire. Then, in BD, Bella gets pregnant and calls Rosalie, who neither Alice nor Bella seemed particularly fond of. After this, Alice and Bella barely interacted during her pregnancy. The Alice we all know and love, was somewhat MIA. Based on previous books, I would have imagined Alice giving pregnant Bella makeovers so she looked good even though she felt awful, choosing a maternity wardrobe and cute little baby clothes, talking to Bella about the future, trying to help choose baby names. But we didn't see any of that. What was going on? Were Alice's feelings hurt since Bella kind of chose Rosalie over Alice, as a confidante and protector? Was Alice simply avoiding Bella because she got headaches from Renesmee? Did Alice disagree with Bella's decision to keep the baby against Edward's wishes, and therefore she avoided the situation? What does everyone think? Am i the only one who noticed this?