General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
one_tuff_cupcake
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by one_tuff_cupcake »

blue-eyed-bella wrote: I felt like part of Jacob's character was lost when he imprinted on Nessie. I like the idea of Jacob/Nessie, but I wish that maybe Steph had shown their relationship by maybe doing an epilogue like fifteen years later or something and have Jacob and Nessie together. To me, that would just seem more right than the whole magic fixing everything thing.
I agree with you there. Although i liked Jacob and Nessie together, I did not like the fact that we where left with the picture of her as a baby and him... well not. I think that even a small epilogue would have been perfect. That way you can picture them as a couple instead of just a 'match'. you know?
Pastry Sisters❤ I <3 Peeta E<3B :)BAMF(: = Edward
Liissi
Settled in Forks

Post by Liissi »

iBite wrote:I really hope Stephenie explores this relationship in the future. I would love to have a Nessie/Jake narrated book!
I would looove Stephenie to write a book from Nessie's point of view. How she grows up and falls in love with Jacob... :D When Jacob imprinted, I thought that "wow, finally!" but I hated that his character changed so much. But I guess that it was because Bella was telling the story, and he didn't love her anymore the same way he used to. But if Nessie would grow up and tell the story about Jacob and her, WE WOULD GET THE OLD JACOB BACK! In some ways, at least. :) There's nothing on Stephenie's site about what she's going to write next. (Because she dropped the Midnight Sun at least for now :( ) So why wouldn't she write about Jacob an Nessie?! :cry:
Jacob. Bella. Edward. Seth. Alice. Jasper. Rosalie. Esme. Emmet. Carlisle. Jared. Billy.
Nessie. Embry. Emily. Quil. Nahuel. Leah. Kim. Paul. Kate. Angela. Ben. Zafrina. Eleazar.
Carmen. Benjamin. Tia. Garret. Alistair. Peter. Charlotte. Randall. Kachiri. Maggie.

yanjan3
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
Location: Happily moving to a world where Humans, Vamps and Werewolves get along...

Post by yanjan3 »

Liissi wrote:
iBite wrote:I really hope Stephenie explores this relationship in the future. I would love to have a Nessie/Jake narrated book!
I would looove Stephenie to write a book from Nessie's point of view. How she grows up and falls in love with Jacob... :D When Jacob imprinted, I thought that "wow, finally!" but I hated that his character changed so much. But I guess that it was because Bella was telling the story, and he didn't love her anymore the same way he used to. But if Nessie would grow up and tell the story about Jacob and her, WE WOULD GET THE OLD JACOB BACK! In some ways, at least. :) There's nothing on Stephenie's site about what she's going to write next. (Because she dropped the Midnight Sun at least for now :( ) So why wouldn't she write about Jacob an Nessie?! :cry:
Yeah, I would love Nessie's POV... :D
Same here, I was a little upset that he changed...
*crossing fingers* hope SM decides to write this...
if she does I will be a very, very happy girl.. :lol:
ImageImage
"I rate hot guys from 1 to RobPattinson".
Maira
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Maira »

I'm a lot creeped out!

Jacob used to have a crush on BELLA.
Eeeewwwww...
"Oh, yeah, I'm totally in love with you now, Nessie, but I used to want to marry your mom."

And won't Jacob have to shift a lot? Since Nessie's immortal and Jacob said he'll age when he stops shifting.
Private Aubrey Tobin in Jasper's Confederate Army.
You have to see this. *freaks*
Beep... Beep... Beep... Maira is going out of order... Bee- back eventually...
yanjan3
Location: Happily moving to a world where Humans, Vamps and Werewolves get along...

Post by yanjan3 »

Maira wrote:I'm a lot creeped out!

Jacob used to have a crush on BELLA.
Eeeewwwww...
"Oh, yeah, I'm totally in love with you now, Nessie, but I used to want to marry your mom."

And won't Jacob have to shift a lot? Since Nessie's immortal and Jacob said he'll age when he stops shifting.
yeah, that would be really weird.. haha.. :lol:

I read somewhere that SM said that Jacob would just have to shift forever, or to not stop shifting to a werewolf, or something like that... so that he could be with Nessie forever..
ImageImage
Maira

Post by Maira »

I wonder- Would he age if he was always a wolf?
Private Aubrey Tobin in Jasper's Confederate Army.
You have to see this. *freaks*
Beep... Beep... Beep... Maira is going out of order... Bee- back eventually...
yanjan3

Post by yanjan3 »

Maira wrote:I wonder- Would he age if he was always a wolf?
I not really sure.. but SM said he'd get to live forever (or something like that) if he'd keep changing into a wolf..

has this question been already addressed??
.. Did Jacob fell in love with Bella just because she had a part of Nessie in her all along...? I don't like the idea, but I read it somewhere and I had no way to disprove it.

"Do you remember how much you wanted me around 3 days ago? how hard it was to be apart from one another? thats gone for you now, isnt it? that was her. from the very beginning. we had to be together even then."
BD -- pg. 451.

Interpreted as : from the very beginning Jake fell in love with Bella bec. of Renesmee.. and when Nessie was born and separated from Bella, their longing for each other subsided...

any thoughts?? I'm going mental over this..
ImageImage
becca92
Settled in Forks

Post by becca92 »

yanjan3 wrote:
Maira wrote:I wonder- Would he age if he was always a wolf?

has this question been already addressed??
.. Did Jacob fell in love with Bella just because she had a part of Nessie in her all along...? I don't like the idea, but I read it somewhere and I had no way to disprove it.

"Do you remember how much you wanted me around 3 days ago? how hard it was to be apart from one another? thats gone for you now, isnt it? that was her. from the very beginning. we had to be together even then."
BD -- pg. 451.

Interpreted as : from the very beginning Jake fell in love with Bella bec. of Renesmee.. and when Nessie was born and separated from Bella, their longing for each other subsided...

any thoughts?? I'm going mental over this..

See that confuses me, too. I just asked a similar question in the Edward and Bella thread.

I think it was because of Nessie, because if it wasn't, they still should of felt that feeling, but they didn't. After the imprint, we only saw Bella's POV, and for her that romantic part was completely gone.
SpiiderMonkey

Post by SpiiderMonkey »

I actually laughed out loud when I first read the part where Bella finally figures out what all the fuss is about. I've read Breaking Dawn twice now and both times I'm like.. oh Bella.

I think it's great that Jacob is happy and has something to fight for other than Bella. I really hated seeing the two of them fight and make up and hurt Edward like they were doing, even if i know it wasn't going to change anything, it just made me so angry at Bella ( yes I'm aware you can't help your feelings :mrgreen: ) but I think Jacob will be a great match for Nessie and it seems like Nessie is as happy as you possibly could be with him around so I'm happy for them.

I would love to have a book in Nessie's point of view as well, to see just how much she takes after her parents and how really happy she is with Jacob.

god i love these books <3
-And, by the way, I adore you...in frightening, dangerous ways.
Edward Cullen - Midnight Sun, pg 125.
yanjan3

Post by yanjan3 »

becca92 wrote: See that confuses me, too. I just asked a similar question in the Edward and Bella thread.

I think it was because of Nessie, because if it wasn't, they still should of felt that feeling, but they didn't. After the imprint, we only saw Bella's POV, and for her that romantic part was completely gone.
SG answered me in the Jacob thread, and I think SG's theory is by far the most acceptable for me.. :D

SenorGimp wrote: 'twi', I've already made my statements on this known, in a couple of different posts now, but I will try again to reiterate what my thoughts on the 'jacob was drawn to bella because of nessie' theory.
Given the tendency throughout the series for supernatural phenomena to manifest themselves dormantly prior to the supernatural transformations themselves (bella's shield pre-vamp, alice's visions pre-vamp, bella's dreams about her baby pre-baby, etc.), it does not seem far-fetched that jacob's alpha gene (working in overdrive to insure his best match for procreation, and best chance at happiness), led him to feel strongly about Bella so that he would stay around her, thus ensuring that he would imprint on Renesmee...
I don't think this was the entirety of Jacob's feelings for Bella, far from it, I believe he genuinely cared about her, and wanted to be with her, as she was the first romantic interest Jacob had ever had, and young boys have a tendency to over-invest themselves to the point of obsession in any girl they feel strongly about..
Jacob was/is a confused hormonal young man, and (not to belittle the love that he felt for Bella) was strongly taken with how much she seemed to need him, and how much she could be herself in his presence.
So he fell in love with her...
His dormant 'imprinting waiting to happen' probably figured that this was all right, since it would ensure that he would stay around until Renesmee was born, etc. I already said all of this...
Anyway, that's one theory...
= )...
ImageImage