General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

OMG My husband read this and then made me laugh, he's said "what's to know? I know what was going through his head 'NO F***ing WAY! This can't happen,' and then thinking if it can happen". but it's Edward it was probably more complex then that. ;)
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
twilighter_alice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilighter_alice »

Wow. #1: How could no one think that a half-VAMPIRE, half-human baby would want blood?!
#2: Apparently venom can act like sperm, but I still don't get why the venom wouldn't eat the eggs. :roll:
#3: I wonder if the whole 23 chromosomes thing makes things grow fast, 'cause Jacob and Nessie sure grew fast.
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

It didn't occur to Edward that Bella could be pregnant? I actually can understand that, considering their unusual "circmustances, lol! :D
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
Kitchen Witch
Settled in Forks

Post by Kitchen Witch »

Hahaha...yes I guess it was a big shock for Edward when he realized he was a father. It was probably a bigger shock when he realized the baby was growing by leaps and bounds and that it would probably kill Bella in the end.

I'm not so sure that his sperm was venomous...or did it say that in the book? I can't remember. I think they only produce venom in their mouths so they can turn humans into vampires, but maybe I'm wrong. So, I feel that his sperm combined with Bella's eggs made the 23rd chromosone that Nessie has and had no reason to harm eggs.

It was probably better for the books for Nessie to grow so fast, otherwise she wouldn't have been able to save them in the end. Remember when she met the Volturi? How she convinced them of her half and half status? If she was a baby she wouldn't have had as much of an effect on them I don't think. Seeing her all pink and fleshy and born with human curiousity had a serious impact on them and their decesions.
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by foolinthemoon »

The Pregnancy wasn't too big of a shock, and i admit, at first i was like... urm. but i got used to the idea. I hated she wanted to keep it, making her death immenent. However, I suppose, she knew that Edward would save her when the time came. She knew about Esme, Emmett, and Rosalie. She had total faith in Edward. While i understand her veiw, I was kinda feeling what Edward felt. The pain he went through watching her must have been horrid beyond belief. To watch someone you love with every fiber of your being dying slowly.

I will say that when they finally figured out that the baby might want blood, i had to shake my head and was like... SERIOUSLY? I had read she had an IV attached before hand and ASSUMED it was blood they were putting in her system... I mean, COME ON! DUH! But I suppose, being that the baby was a hybrid, they really had no idea what to expect, not to mention the stress surrounding the situation. But I would have atleast THOUGHT they would have tried that. lol

Also, When Edwards thoughts about the baby changed to a more positive veiw, mine did as well. If Edward thought every thing was going to be okay, then it must have been, not to mention that if Bella DID die, I was going to be confused as there was alot of the book left! lol
Kitchen Witch wrote:I'm not so sure that his sperm was venomous...or did it say that in the book? I can't remember. I think they only produce venom in their mouths so they can turn humans into vampires, but maybe I'm wrong. So, I feel that his sperm combined with Bella's eggs made the 23rd chromosone that Nessie has and had no reason to harm eggs.
I think Its more of an assumption that it would be venomous, and to be honest, it makes sense to me. In Breaking Dawn Alice had to stock the bathroom with multiple sets of brown contacts due to the venom in her eyes eatting away at them. They even remind her to take bathroom breaks to put in fresh ones.
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

Well, I agree. Edward wouldn't imagine he could get pregnant, but he was so in shock! But after that, he´s a really caring father for Nessie...aw! Bella
Kitchen Witch
Settled in Forks

Post by Kitchen Witch »

You know what I didn't like about Bella's pregnancy? I didn't like that Rosalie was all over Bella trying to be her "protector". She obviously was only doing it for the baby, thinking that Bella was going to die, then she could have the child. She has rarely shown any compassion for Bella and her situation with Edward. It just irks me to see her moon over the baby like it was her own. :evil:
foolinthemoon wrote:I think Its more of an assumption that it would be venomous, and to be honest, it makes sense to me. In Breaking Dawn Alice had to stock the bathroom with multiple sets of brown contacts due to the venom in her eyes eatting away at them. They even remind her to take bathroom breaks to put in fresh ones.
Yeah, that's true. I suppose that all bodily liquid of vampires is probably venomous to a point.
Ichigo Kitty
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

I don't understand really why Rose was like that towards Bella but maybe she had a reason. Maybe she didn't like Bella because she was a human, what do you think?
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I don't know what was going on through Rose's head during the pregnancy. I'd hope she wouldn't be so awful as to not care if Bella lived or died, but sometimes I wonder...
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
AliceLuvsEdward
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AliceLuvsEdward »

well, rosalie didn't like bella cos bella made a big decision that seemed like the worst decision ever to rosalie. she probably judged her on that or something.

I totally agree with you, i didn't like rosalie mooning onver the baby. she didn't if bella died and probably wouldn't care what that would do to edward. she's pretty vain sometimes :roll:
OMG! Twilight so freaking rocks! Alice Cullen rules!!!
ImageThank you BellaAndEdward.com!