What would you ask Stephenie Meyer if you could?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Emmettroselover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: What would you ask Stephenie Meyer if you could?

Post by Emmettroselover »

I would ask her if she still thinks the imprinting on Renesmee was the best route even though fans reacted so strongly about it and would she change anything about Jacob since he is such a polarizing character in the fandom.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I've just thought of my most pressing question:

Exactly when did Alice buy Bella's wedding dress?
Twihard_61
Wandering Through Town

Post by Twihard_61 »

marielle wrote:the one thing I would ask her.

when the H**K are you finishing Midnight Sun......

and maybe... are you planning on writing more books related to the twilight world?
i have read stephenies biography and she explained in her book that 'midnight sun' got leaked onto the internet and she left it so that no one could read all of it on the internet
im just going off the top of my head but that is what happened :D xxx
Team xxx Edward xxx cause jacob dosent sparkle :P
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Twihard_61 wrote:
marielle wrote:the one thing I would ask her.

when the H**K are you finishing Midnight Sun......

and maybe... are you planning on writing more books related to the twilight world?
i have read stephenies biography and she explained in her book that 'midnight sun' got leaked onto the internet and she left it so that no one could read all of it on the internet
im just going off the top of my head but that is what happened :D xxx
I know, I even contacted the publishing agency to ask what the deal was but they can't tell when or if she is going to release it... all we can do is pray...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I think it might just come down to what's in her contract. I mean, unless she's contracted to write that book for them, they might not have anything on that particular manuscript. Or maybe they are under contract to not say anything about it.
Twihard_61
Wandering Through Town

Post by Twihard_61 »

True

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Team xxx Edward xxx cause jacob dosent sparkle :P
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Well, she does say on her website that she has to feel alone with the story to write it, and she doesn't feel alone with Midnight Sun because people are still asking about it, etc. She said her goal was to go like, 2 years without hearing the words "Midnight Sun" and then maybe she'd feel alone enough to finish it. So maybe if we are all really well behaved and don't mention it for a while, she'll get on it?

My question is "How old is Billy Black?" I'm re-reading the series right now, and I just finished Eclipse last night. I was thinking while I was reading...somewhere in either the books or on Stephanie's website, it mentions that Harry, Old Quil, and Billy had actually seen their grandfathers make the change. So...there must have been vampires in Forks at that time or there would have been no need for the gene to be active. But the treaty was made in 1936 according to the timeline. So if Ephraim Black and Levy Uley, etc. are in the pack at that time, and presumably for a few years after, until the Cullens move on, Billy would have had to have been born around that same time for him to be old enough to remember his grandfather changing into a wolf. But I didn't get the impression that Billy is THAT old.
Also, along those lines, wouldn't some of the older people in Forks remember the Cullens from the first time they were there? If they were there in 1936...my dad was born in 1933 and he could tell you every person that lived in his area for a decade before that, even. So wouldn't there be people in Forks who perhaps went to high school with Edward and Rosalie and Emmett back in the late 1930s who would remember them and recognize them when they move back in 2003? They would be old, certainly, but it's possible.
And back to Billy, why was he allowed to see his grandfather make the change, and Jacob and Quil couldn't know that Sam and the pack were changing until they made the change themselves? Why was it kept secret from them, but not from the previous generations?

It's possible that it's just one of those things where because it's fiction, it doesn't necessarily have to add up. But I am just so curious about it all.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
mainhoonemily
Wandering Through Town

Post by mainhoonemily »

The wolves were all very old men by that time, from what I understood - I got the impression that when Billy and Harry and Old Quil saw them turn into wolves it was a sort of "one last run" kind of thing. I always figured Billy was around Charlie's age, give or take a few years.

Also, the gene, once triggered, never goes away. If a wolf gains enough self-control to keep from shifting for a time, they'll start aging again, but the ability to turn into a wolf will always be there. So even if the three old wolves hadn't actually had vampires to look out for since the 30s, they would still be able to shift if they wanted to or lost control or whatever.

For your second question - I think it says that in the 30s the Cullens were settled in Hoquiam, not Forks, so they wouldn't have gone to school with the kids in Forks.

And third - Billy and Harry and Old Quil had to know about the wolves so that they'd know what was happening if some of the teenagers in the next generation started turning into giant wolves. The knowledge has to be passed down, so I assume that if the previous wolves are getting too old and it looks like they might die before the next generation is old enough to start shifting, they'd let them in on the secret. But with the Cullens around, it was only a matter of time before Jacob and Quil and Sam and the rest found out for themselves, so there was no need to tell them before it happened. (Though it might make it less stressful if they did warn them ahead of time that there's a chance they're going to explode into giant wolves soon.)
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Well, that all makes sense, so thank you. But I still wonder why the rest of the tribe can't know. Like some of the parents don't know their kids are werewolves. In Taha Aki's day, everyone knew about it, so I just wonder why they have to keep the secret even from the tribe. The treaty says they won't expose them to the "pale faces" or whatever, but I don't think it covered the rest of their tribe. Unless it's just so the tribe doesn't freak out that there are vampires in the vicinity.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I'd say it's probably because it would be difficult to keep the entire tribe quiet on the subject. Let's face it, someone would be bound to shoot their mouth off at some stage about vampires and werewolves, and that could cause problems. The smaller the group, the less likely the secret will get out.