Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Stupidshinyvolvowner
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Bella Swan Cullen

Post by Stupidshinyvolvowner »

But that's what I don't get. Why couldn't she leave Jake alone. She was in love with Edward. He was back. Why did she feel the need to defy him and see Jake?
KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

Stupidshinyvolvowner wrote:But that's what I don't get. Why couldn't she leave Jake alone. She was in love with Edward. He was back. Why did she feel the need to defy him and see Jake?

The reason why is becuase Jacob was a really good friend to her. He helped her keep living and feel life agian. How could she just leave him? Yes Edward was back and she was thankfull. But i mean we still need our friends. Jacob is really important to her. She loves him. She cares for him you can't just leave someone you care about.
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

i dont think that Bella was trying to hurt Edward. she says in Eclispe that she knows that she is hurting him, but Jake is a part of her life. i think that edwrad hiding the hrt did not help. if he hadnt then seeing him in apin could have been the kick in the butt that Bella needed to let Jake go and get on with his life.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Jazziscool wrote: Yeah, but malaz what could she do about it?
She could have done a lot. okay, maybe not "alot" but she could done things differently. Here's the thing. Bella aknowledged everything. she aknowledged:
--that she couldn't let go of jacobb
--she knew was being selfish in wanting to keep both edward and jacob
--she knew that she couldn't keep both edward and jacob and she would need to give one up (sooner or later. she chose later)
--she knew she was hurting edward in wanting/going/talking about jacob
--she knew she was hurting jacob by constantly coming back to him
--she knew jacob was inlove with her and she kept giving him wrong signals

Okay, she knew all that and she still kept doing what she was doing. Maybe, she should have, sucked it up and ended it with jacob. i am not saying she should have said "i can't see you anymore", maybe, "we need a little time apart now" or something. i don't know what she should have said.

What really mystifies me is, did she know what caused jacob's pain? why jacob was in pain in the first place? -- i mean, no one is in pain out of the blue. All she was thinking of, "i need to make jacob happy again" but bella, come on...jacob's pain because of you. There's no way possible she could have earsed that pain without commiting herself to him, or spending time wtih him and if she spends time with him, she would cut him deeper and she would cut Edward deeper too. How about this bella, PICK ONE and suck it up?

and what bugs me the most, is, she makes herself feel better by aknowledging everything she has done, "i'd done so much damage. i am a rotten person. i am selfish. i am horrible. i want to die" and then wakes up the next morning, like nothing has happened. *whistles*
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Bella's problem is that she was in one of those situations you can't get that right. She just couldn't, ladies. So, I think she tried to conciliate the two sides the best way she could or the way she thought she was right. And it was very difficult. Bella and Edward were still a bit shaken, trying to adjust their relationship. And Jacob was there too, refusing to be taken aside, he was definetely right. And on top of that, Jacob and Edward hated each other and Bella was just in the middle of their battle. How do you get things right? What's the right choice? It's easy to choose when it's not your mate and your best friend who keeps growling at each other.

Did Bella messed up? Oh, yeah. You bet she did. But in times like those, I wish a friend like Alice could have sat with her and talked her some sense. Because she had to decide for herself. I wish Leah could have decided yelling at her in Eclipse. That would be handy.
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

I don't think Jacob is blameless in this situation, either. He knew Bella loved Edward more than him, but he kept pushing Bella and keeping her riled up. Even when she tried to back off, he was calling her, asking her to come to La Push, showing up at school, etc. He knew, but his agenda to save her was more important to him than Bella's peace of mind.

Bella is so nurturing, I don't think she was looking at only her's and Jacob's relationship--she was also looking at how unhappy Jacob was in the beginning when he was forced to be a werewolf. That was what she was focusing on when Edward first got back.

I don't see what else Bella could have done about the situation except to have been entirely cold-hearted and uncaring to the guy who really did "put her back together again." At the least, Jacob was a close family friend (even Charlie was pushing Bella to make things right with Jacob), at the most, he was her personal savior, rescuing her from the black abyss. She just couldn't write him off. She was under a lot of personal and family pressure not to write Jacob off.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
velvet_voice
Learning to Love Green

Post by velvet_voice »

Bella is one of my favorite characters. The books wouldn't be the same without her. The story resolves around her and if she was even a little bit different it would've change the hole meaning of the book.
I like the way her character's unfolded. At the beginning she is just an ordinary girl, with no expressed talents, who sees herself as nothing but a normal person which goal in life is to study and find a job... to just live. But when she meets Edward and his family she shows us that she can be much more than just this bored girl. She is brave and passionate, she can love unconditionally. Loving Edward, she discovers she is different than her friends. She may not like the things they like to do, she may not enjoy shopping or dressing up but she has more reasonable qualities. Bella is ready to give up everything she has, she's ready to give up on her life to be with Edward and yet she is not an egoist. Not in one moment in all four books she is described as an egoist. Yes, she wants to be with Edward and is willing to risk everything to become a member of his family and his world but she always thinks how this would affect the people she loves. Every time she is in danger she worries about her parents, friends... not about her own safety.
I've read many negative opinions about her in Eclipse. Many say they've changed how they felt about her after the third book which I find really stupid. It doesn't surprise me, I just don't see why you can't understand her. Yeah, Bella isn't very decisive in Eclipse but she manages to balance between her love for Edward and her best friend better than most of us would have. It's harder to experience it than just reading about it and trying to imagine what it is to be in her place. I think Jacob is the one who should be blamed for what happened in Eclipse. In New Moon Bella told him she doesn't feel the same way as he did and that she doesn't want to give him vain hopes. She saw nothing but the best friend she needed in him... But he kept wanting more from her, he took advantage of her need to please others and even made her feel guilty for not being with him... for choosing Edward. But there was never a choice that had to be made... she loved Edward from the beginning.
I think what Bella did in Eclipse was the best she could have done for both Edward and Jacob and herself too.
Bella is one of the reasons I love Twiligh so much. Without her Edward would've been far from perfect. He is perfect only with Bella... Bella's what makes the story so believable and true.
"Alice!" Jasper's voice whipped, and then he was right behind her, his hands curling over hers.
She turned her face away from me, into his chest.

E<3B
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

Very nice post, velvet_voice! You expressed how I feel about Bella, precisely! Bella did make some mistakes, but her heart was always tuned towards others. She worried about the people she loved, and wanted what was best for them ... she just didn't realize she couldn't be everything for everybody. I love Bella in Breaking Dawn, because all she fought for in the previous three books is realized for her. I love seeing her physically and emotionally strong, with a talent that helps her protect her family.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

ah-ha! i've figured it out esme echo! that thing about bella that bugs me so much.

she's not a very understanding person, nor is she very fair or considerate. yes, she's selfless. yes, she's always concerned for her family members. but she doesn't understand how they are feeling, so her day-to-day actions don't reflect that at all.

so selfless, caring, loving, generous, yes.

i'm glad i finally figured out what it was. besides whininess, which is just me.

sorry i know that was random.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:ah-ha! i've figured it out esme echo! that thing about bella that bugs me so much.

she's not a very understanding person, nor is she very fair or considerate. yes, she's selfless. yes, she's always concerned for her family members. but she doesn't understand how they are feeling, so her day-to-day actions don't reflect that at all.

so selfless, caring, loving, generous, yes.

i'm glad i finally figured out what it was. besides whininess, which is just me.

sorry i know that was random.
It's not random. I think that's exactly what I was thinking, she doesn't comfort people well.

Holdingoutforjocob, don't look at my signature for your own well being.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage