Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Edward Cullen

Post by clariissaa »

I love him.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

kachiti, i'm sorry if you felt uncomfortable by the fact that i called you out for being mean. you took things to a personal level by attacking amivera, believe me, she has had people disagree with her opinions before, so have i, it's different than what you are doing. i don't appreciate condescension from you, again, you have no authority over me, i DO NOT have to listen to anything you say to me, you are not even a mod. your opinions about her opinions are welcome and wanted, but as i have told you before, commenting about someone personally (as in they are just trying to get a rise out of people) is across the line, and you know what, i bet the mods would agree.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

WOAH...at least 10+ pages since the last time i posted. niceeeee!!!
too bad i still have to unpack sighh...
clariissaa wrote:I love him.
siiiiighhh...you're not the only one <333
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Hi Malaz,

I agree with Loving him, might be why I can't stop reading the books, I'm on sick leave so I have lots of time on my hands for such things.
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

Sorry, im totally jumping WAY back
Amivera wrote:
And Bella was obsessed with sex. She even wanted to go to college *just* so they could have sex. I would give the exact line, but I threw my BD book somewhere and it's probably never coming back from whatever dark corner it's hiding in. :)
Lmao. This was literally one of the number one things that drove me to near insanity with Breaking Dawn. After their 'first time' that seemed to be Bella's one and only concern, up until Renesmee of course, but EVEN THEN their relationship had turned purely....physical. That past three books made a huge thing about their emotional love, how they could be physical like normal couples because Edward was a vampire, then you get to Breaking Dawn and that ALL CHANGES. It's like the emotional love they went through...flew out the window. Okay, maybe not THAT MUCH, but clearly, it was dusted under a rug.
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS
edwardlover13
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardlover13 »

Omg here's something I really really really want to know, What did Edward and Jasper and Emmett do for Edward's bachelor party!!!??? It is driving me crazy, I need to know! Oh and I was so happy for Edward when he finally didn't need to mind his moves around Bella once she was a vampire. And he didn't need to hold back when they kissed. I love that Edward is a dad, and I agree with a few people, that they should have put more about Edward and Renesmee.

xoxo~edwardlover13
Auctorita
Learning to Love Green

Post by Auctorita »

Kachiti wrote:Auctorita, why are you trying to make Bella into someone that's she not? Edward and Bella fell in love, got MARRIED and guess what? Had sex and really enjoyed it, so much so that staying human and going off to some ivy league school didn't seem all that bad. You think she ungrateful because she didn't jump at the chance to go some school that would make her uncomfortable. That would make her feel, Oh I don't know, maybe simple minded. Even if Bella had never met Edward, a state school or even a junior college is the most Bella would her gone for. Bella wasn't the girl with the great big dream. She is a ordinary girl who lived a simple life until vampires and werewolves changed all of that.
Well, I'm not trying to turn Bella into someone else, nor did I state that I found her to be ungrateful for not jumping at the chance to go to college. Where I did find her to be ungrateful was in how she made the decision to go or not. There is nothing wrong with her not wanting to go, but after sex with Edward she suddenly changes her mind because that means more sex as human. It's that decision specifically that I found ungrateful because she wasn't taking it seriously at all and but almost no thought into it. College is something that you have to consider carefully particularly when you don't have much money to invest in it. Bella's lack of thought and seriousness in her decision came off to me as ungrateful for the opportunities that she had be given.
pubesy wrote: and then in regards to the honey moon "sex-is-so-good-i-want-to-stay-human" drama.
it may be seen as this, and interpreted as shallow on bella's part when you take the scene at face value.
however if you explore a little deeper. It is more bella's anxiety shining through. Bella has always wanted to "be close" to edward - something that they both thought never possible. now that she knows that it IS possible, to share such a close and intimate bond with her husband, she is not so eager to throw this possibility. you have to remember: bella believes that she will not feel the same way about edward when she is a newborn. she is scared that she will not want to be "with" him or love him, as her newborn thirst will consume all emotions other than thirst.

it is not just about the sex ;) (although i bet it was pretty damn good :D )
That's understandable, I do agree with you to a certain extent, but like emmett_<3 wrote the other parts of their relationship were replaced with the physical in BD. There is nothing wrong with Edward and Bella wanting to be close to each other, I just found Bella's fixation with sex to shallow because that was all she seemed to care about in their relationship, or at least the other aspects had lost their importance.
edwardlover13 wrote:Omg here's something I really really really want to know, What did Edward and Jasper and Emmett do for Edward's bachelor party!!!??? It is driving me crazy, I need to know!
I doubt that we will ever know. :(
Who Watches the Watchmen?
www.deus-ex-machina.co.cc
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by pubesy »

GUYS, CAN WE CHILL OUT WITH THE PERSONAL ATTACKS HERE? It ruins it for every one else. lets just kiss and make up...or i will get Victoria stuck on you! ;)

Look, Amivera, I seriously think you're missing the point here also. I agree with you on the part where state that they are allowed to have sex (LOL...and lots of it ;) ).
However, I am saying that her DECISION TO GO TO COLLEGE (notice the word college right there) was based on THE SEX. People are not meant to go to college to have sex unless they're A) learning how to be a professional Vulgar Language Is Ugly, B) learning to teach Sex Ed, or C) maybe going to a party college.

Seriously. People don't pay thousands of dollars to go to college and have sex. Bella is supposed to be smart, but her decision to stay alive and go to college (two things I wholeheartedly support for any person here) were based on having sex.
This is where i see you missing the point altogether.

as discussed previously, Bella's decision to not be changed just yet, was a decision based on her love and desire to be close with edward. Not just about the sex. She was scared that she could never feel the same way that she did during the honeymoon, when she becomes a newborn so she wanted to prolong her human life for a few more months, in order to prolong the way she feels about Edward, and the way she can now "BE" with Edward, on an intimate and personal level.

Hence, bella makes the decision to prolong her mortal life, for at least a few months. however, apart of being alive, means dealing with mortal, human responsibilities of "growing up." It is not like bella decided to just "run away with edward, and spend every night doing the deed." She did the responsible thing and let her life continue, like any other normal 18-19 year old. that meant going to college. She still did not really want to go to college, but was doing it for the reasons mentioned previously.

it was never "i-am-going-to-college-so-i-can-have-sex."

and anyway, is there any REAL reason for bella, (or ANY of the cullens) to attend college? I mean, while Humans go to college to gain a career, the Cullen's (other than carslile) could NEVER have a career, because their unchanging age prevents them from staying in one place for long enough, and once they move they have to repeat high school all over again.

so even if bella DID attend college to be with her husband, what is the big deal? there is no other reason for her to go!
That past three books made a huge thing about their emotional love, how they could be physical like normal couples because Edward was a vampire, then you get to Breaking Dawn and that ALL CHANGES. It's like the emotional love they went through...flew out the window.
while it CAN be perceived as this, i don't agree.

Sex is not just physical, it is emotional and spiritual too! especially when you are with the one you love. And there was so much sexual tension in books 1-3 you could cut it with a knife! It is right for their expression of love to change.
books 1-3 were centred around their insecurities about not being good enough for each other. however after being married, they finally agreed that they WERE perfect for each other, so their relationship was able to move onto the next level!
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

edwardlover13 wrote:Omg here's something I really really really want to know, What did Edward and Jasper and Emmett do for Edward's bachelor party!!!??? It is driving me crazy, I need to know! Oh and I was so happy for Edward when he finally didn't need to mind his moves around Bella once she was a vampire. And he didn't need to hold back when they kissed. I love that Edward is a dad, and I agree with a few people, that they should have put more about Edward and Renesmee.

xoxo~edwardlover13
MOUNTAIN LIONS
...boo!..

well, at least. that's what Jasper told us. They went on a hunting party...woohoo! emmett wrestling mountain lions and then draining them dry. definitely, i would say the best part of the party...well, i wasn't really there but i have a pretttty good imagination.
ellalou73 wrote:Hi Malaz,

I agree with Loving him, might be why I can't stop reading the books, I'm on sick leave so I have lots of time on my hands for such things.
haha, true.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

pubesy wrote:GUYS, CAN WE CHILL OUT WITH THE PERSONAL ATTACKS HERE? It ruins it for every one else. lets just kiss and make up...or i will get Victoria stuck on you! ;)
agreed wholeheartedly. just because someone has an opinion that's a little....off (no offense amivera, you know where i stand) doesn't mean they don't respect our opinions or that they are saying things just to make us mad.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...