Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Edward Cullen

Post by Amethyst1 »

Kachiti wrote:Malaz,

Sorry off topic but I love the last part of signature. That cracked me up, Justin didn't get the memo. :lol:
haha, I KNOW right? it's awesome. someone on this site sugested it be our team edward motto. i think it's halarious.
Justin AS IN justin timberlake. he sings the song "sexy back' and damn he's wrong, edward brought sexy back not him pshhh...
KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

Yes and the Personal attacks on Stephenie Are wrong. Her books are fiction stories she wrote for herself. Writing is a very personal thing and people should respect that. And if the book was a guide on how to live i doubt it would've had Vamps and werewolves in it.
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by pubesy »

thanks guys for the overwhelming support of my post! LOL...i feel loved!

What is wrong with reading a book where two lovers are so connected that their love transcends time, space, distance, and all other emotions. Where a guy will wait patiently without complaint for the girl he wants, and would rather love you than kill you, even though all his senses are telling him otherwise?

I mean romeo and Juliette in reality would be a disgusting story, where two people, having only met eachoter once or twice KILL themselves to be together. In reality theis story screams all forms of wrong, yet it is still considered the greatest love story of all time, and studied at high schools around the world, because of it's brilliant writing.

now i am not suggesting that SM is as good a writer as shakespeare.....but not all stories have to be a good role model.
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i agree with you one hundred percent. it's unfortunate that we have people who make romeo/juliet pacts even today. i would hate to think what a bella/edward pact would look like. but no one blames shakespeare for that.

the thing is, to the mentally ill, seeing the acts that they want to commit in the media gives them permission in a way. i'm NOT saying it's the fault of the media. these people are very mentally ill anyway. it's unfair to blame that on the writer. now if SM were going around saying "i think bella's a great role model and edward and bella symbolize a perfect relationship" i would take huge issue with that. but she's not. so everyone needs to back the hell off IMO!!!!

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

pubesy wrote:thanks guys for the overwhelming support of my post! LOL...i feel loved!

What is wrong with reading a book where two lovers are so connected that their love transcends time, space, distance, and all other emotions. Where a guy will wait patiently without complaint for the girl he wants, and would rather love you than kill you, even though all his senses are telling him otherwise?

I mean romeo and Juliette in reality would be a disgusting story, where two people, having only met eachoter once or twice KILL themselves to be together. In reality theis story screams all forms of wrong, yet it is still considered the greatest love story of all time, and studied at high schools around the world, because of it's brilliant writing.

now i am not suggesting that SM is as good a writer as shakespeare.....but not all stories have to be a good role model.
You know its funny, after reading your post something finally dawn on me about Romeo and Juliet. Its really story about miscommunication and the things that go wrong because of it as well as a love story. That's why it applies so well with New Moon.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

agreed. it really shows a message that communication is key, and that no one is always right, we can all learn from each other. that ignoring someone's opinions or discounting them because of their youth can have disastrous consequences. that condescension really doesn't get anyone anywhere, neither does the feeling that you're "teaching" anyone anything. isn't that it?

Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:and that no one is always right, we can all learn from each other. that ignoring someone's opinions or discounting them because of their youth can have disastrous consequences. that condescension really doesn't get anyone anywhere, neither does the feeling that you're "teaching" anyone anything. isn't that it?
What does this have to do with what I said with Romeo and Juliet/New Moon?
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

it has more to do with Romeo and Juliet I suppose. But Edward does tend to think that he always knows best, that he can't be wrong, that he's always doing what's best in the long run. make more sense now?

Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:it has more to do with Romeo and Juliet I suppose. But Edward does tend to think that he always knows best, that he can't be wrong, that he's always doing what's best in the long run. make more sense now?
No, that has nothing to do with Romero and Juliet or New Moon. The main miscommunication in Romeo and Juliet was the letter from the friar not getting to him on time. This sadly led to the tragic end of the young lovers. Rosalie telling Edward that Bella was dead and then not asking the right question when he called Bella's house. Almost got him, Alice and Bella killed.
marinel
Settled in Forks

Post by marinel »

leahlovetwilight wrote:EDWARD CULLEN
every girls dream guy
the one that will never exist
and even if he did, he's taken.
blahhh
so he's perfect, and now every girl
who has ever been team edward
has unrealistic expectations of guys.
he is nice, non pushy, and wants to marry you.
COME ON BELLA!!!
My sentiments exactly!!!!

Everything Edward did, he did for love. For someone who has been around for more than a hundred years, never dreaming that someone so right was meant for him, never imagining that someone could ressurect his deepest and most powerful human emotions, and when he did, knowing too well how easily that person could be taken away from him, I think all the hovering and protectiveness was called for ( Bella being human and so very breakable not to mention a magnet for trouble). It was like fighting for the very air he was breathing, Bella after all is his life.