Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Edward Cullen

Post by Kachiti »

twilight813 wrote:does anyone think that possibly Edward knew exactly what he was getting himself into with Bella. Do you think that possibly he knew he really wanted her to be a vampire and he "wooed" her so that she would decide to be with him forever. Maybe even being selfish on his part? I dont know, I just re-read twilight and part of me feels that he was putting on an act most of the time to get her to really want to be a vampire. this maybe a confusing question, but i am just wondering what everyone else thinks?
Read the 12 chapters of MS, it gives an account of what was going through Edward's head at the time.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
peacepicturelexi
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by peacepicturelexi »

Esme echo wrote:A team can also be a focus group, can't it? So team Seth, team Emmett, etc. could just be groups focusing on that character don't you think?
exactly :mrgreen:
you can have edward and jacob. i want seth:)
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

twilight813 wrote:does anyone think that possibly Edward knew exactly what he was getting himself into with Bella. Do you think that possibly he knew he really wanted her to be a vampire and he "wooed" her so that she would decide to be with him forever. Maybe even being selfish on his part? I dont know, I just re-read twilight and part of me feels that he was putting on an act most of the time to get her to really want to be a vampire. this maybe a confusing question, but i am just wondering what everyone else thinks?
I never got that impression. Especially after reading Midnight Sun.
I Want to Believe
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Yea I am going to have to read MS, havent gotten around to it. Thanks though. Once I read I will come back and post!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob - hm...i don't really see how edward and jacob are alike. other than both of them having the Y chromosome and they both fantasize over fast cars *DROOLS*, i don't see how. I mean, they might share a few interests and such but to me their personalties are so, so different.

I'd personally LOVE it if a guy composes a song for me, ohmygosh. i'd melt.
If a guy sings for me outside my window at night with a boombox. I might as well throw my shoe at him. I find that to be so un-appealing. I've seen it in the movies and rather than that making me swoon, it just turns me off. Even when a hot guy does it. meh!
moon sidhe wrote:
You're welcome!

Hmmm, compare and contrast. I think they're both very principled. They take their responsibilities very seriously. I think at first Edward was the much more brooding character, but after Jake started having to deal with shape shifting and everything he went through with Bella, he gave Edward a run for his money in that respect. Edward seems to be the more "cultured" of the two. More into the arts etc. Granted he's also had over a hundred years to cultivate his interests, but I never got the sense that Jake was too interested in that stuff. I'm sure there are a lot more stuffed somewhere in the back of my head, but my mind is going blank for now. Any others people can think of?
haha, gave edward a run for his money? i can seem to agree. I don't see how either. I mean don't get me wrong. I am not saying jacob is a loser who doesn't know how to treat a girl. I think he's romantic and intense in his own way--i haven't witnessed that yet either--so, I don't think him and edward are alike in that way. But what I DO know is Jacob is romantic and can love passionatly and just differently than how Edward does it. And it's not like i am saying, jacob loves and is romantic worse than edward...that aspect of their personalites is just different is all i am trying to say.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

well malaz honestly i appreciate your opinions but i think you're a little too one-sided about edward. i think it blinds you to other characters.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
LavendarRain
Wandering Through Town

Post by LavendarRain »

i think Edward is the strong quiet gentle caring type and Jacob is the raw animal kind of guy with a strange but cute since of humor...so to me they are both alike in alot of ways but this is what sets them truly apart and makes them both very attractive ;} and oh so hot :D
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:well malaz honestly i appreciate your opinions but i think you're a little too one-sided about edward. i think it blinds you to other characters.
What exactly did i say that makes me one-sided?
also, i really am not blind as you proberly think so. it's not true. why do you think i am 'blinded? because i don't like jacob?

can someone tell me if there is a topic floating around here...?

I am team edward, team jasper, team emmett and team carlisle...
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Malaz,

Sorry off topic but I love the last part of signature. That cracked me up, Justin didn't get the memo. :lol:
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
peacepicturelexi
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by peacepicturelexi »

Kachiti wrote:Malaz,

Sorry off topic but I love the last part of signature. That cracked me up, Justin didn't get the memo. :lol:
i dont get it... or is it an inside joke?
you can have edward and jacob. i want seth:)