Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Edward Cullen

Post by twilight813 »

pubesy wrote:thanks guys for the overwhelming support of my post! LOL...i feel loved!

What is wrong with reading a book where two lovers are so connected that their love transcends time, space, distance, and all other emotions. Where a guy will wait patiently without complaint for the girl he wants, and would rather love you than kill you, even though all his senses are telling him otherwise?

I mean romeo and Juliette in reality would be a disgusting story, where two people, having only met eachoter once or twice KILL themselves to be together. In reality theis story screams all forms of wrong, yet it is still considered the greatest love story of all time, and studied at high schools around the world, because of it's brilliant writing.

now i am not suggesting that SM is as good a writer as shakespeare.....but not all stories have to be a good role model.

Wow I agree with you 100% percent. Who cares if its about Vampires and Werewolves its still more understanding than Romeo and Juliet. And honestly its even more understanding then lets say Pride and Prejudice, where Elizabeth and Darcy don't have a strong connection at first and they never really spend a lot of time together, and than what magically at the end they realize they love each other! I mean it could apart of the times Jane Austen was in, and it can be about the time that Shakespeare was in that these stories ended the way they did.. but Edward and Bella is the story of love for our generation and our time.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

pubesy wrote: I mean romeo and Juliette in reality would be a disgusting story, where two people, having only met eachoter once or twice KILL themselves to be together. In reality theis story screams all forms of wrong, yet it is still considered the greatest love story of all time, and studied at high schools around the world, because of it's brilliant writing.

now i am not suggesting that SM is as good a writer as shakespeare.....but not all stories have to be a good role model.
The media is influential whether or not it's meant to be, but it really depends on the people, and if someone is silly enough to go and copy Romeo and Juliet, they have problems. >.>

The difference between Romeo and Juliet and Twilight is the time period, though. Romeo and Juliet was written in the late 1500's and Twilight was written 2003-ish.

Shakespeare's time had completely different morals and the treatment of women was very, very different from how it is now. If someone were to write a book like Romeo and Juliet in the modern times, with complete seriousness, it would be... quite strange.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by pubesy »

I hated romeo and Juliet for the story. HATED IT! i couldn't get over how stupid the idea of love at first sight was. and i truly believed it was only ever lust.

but i love these books.
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
Bella+Edward4ever
Settled in Forks

Post by Bella+Edward4ever »

II dont really think that Twilight relates THAT much to Romeo and Juliet. Only just a little bit.
ImageEmmett Cullen:STRONGER than you since 1915
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

New Moon:

Two people who are in love, a love that developed very quickly.
One leaves (Romeo is banished)
One dies, or is supposedly dead
Miscommunication
The other goes to kill themselves
They would both die for love

The difference is that Edward and Bella survive. I'm kind of glad Romeo and Juliet died. >.>
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i HATE the story of romeo and juliet. HATE IT.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

As interesting as this discussion is, it belongs over in the Romeo and Juliet thread: http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/vie ... f=15&t=523

This is the Edward thread. Let's get back on topic please.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

there's a romeo and juliet thread??? well then. sorry :oops:

anyone have a new topic??

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

wow we get off topic a lot lol

Hmmm somthing about Edward?

if you could ask Edward one question about his past what would it be?

Or what do you think about Edward's Past?
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

KaseyHeartEdward wrote:if you could ask Edward one question about his past what would it be?

Or what do you think about Edward's Past?
I'd like to know more about Edward's biological father. We know a little about his mother, but his father died before Carlisle could learn much about him. All in all, a small background history on Edward's human life would be great.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B