Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Jacob Black

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

ahh ok. i got that now.

but i still think the other things i said were valuable, and intelligent.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:bloodlust, i'm going to try to sum up what you said here, but correct me if i get anything wrong. anyway, i think you're point about the way jake works - i called it maturity, you didn't, whatever, that's not the point. you said that jake always gets upset and angry and decides to do things when he first hears things, then thinks it through, and then doesn't ever go through with them in the long run, but changes his actions so that he does what's best. i think this was just another case of that, but it just took an outside force to make him "see the light" instead of himself seeing it on his own.

ok now i really think that IS maturity, bloodlust, but whatever. feel free to disagree or discuss that with me. but i got your basic idea right correct?
Uh...what? I really don't know what the topic is now or how my opinion fits in, but this is more or less what I was getting at. Jake doesn't ALWAYS get angry and upset when he first hears things. And I think sometimes Jake does go with his initial reaction, hence some of the rash behavior we see. But overall, he can contain himself and can reasses the situation. My main point being that Jake has been the same Jake since New Moon(maybe Twilight, but we don't see him much) through Breaking Dawn. Only the situations have changed that change his reaction and yes the "seeing the light" thing. Like we came to conclude, one can say he's been mature from the beginning, but like you said, that's not the main point. Um, so yes, the basic idea is correct. :D

What's this about again? [I'm too lazy to read back :roll: ]
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:ahh ok. i got that now.

ok, good.

yes, they are. but i thought they were towards bloodlust?
but if you were talking about that he always has reason to be angry - i wasn't disagreeing with that if you've noticed.
break4jake
Wandering Through Town

Post by break4jake »

ok, I'm gonna try and say something related to the topic you guys are currently on.

I think Jake is mature, but has a temper.

And when he gets mad and wants to just kill someone, then stops and not does it, is due to him calming down a bit and seeing what he was going to do was wrong, and do the mature thing and not kill anyone. Because killing someone would be a major bummer and not exactly the best idea.
You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair. - Rosalie Hale
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

break4jake wrote:ok, I'm gonna try and say something related to the topic you guys are currently on.

I think Jake is mature, but has a temper.

And when he gets mad and wants to just kill someone, then stops and not does it, is due to him calming down a bit and seeing what he was going to do was wrong, and do the mature thing and not kill anyone. Because killing someone would be a major bummer and not exactly the best idea.
Yay!
You have a way with words. :D
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
break4jake
Wandering Through Town

Post by break4jake »

xXBeSafeXx wrote:[
Yay!
You have a way with words. :D

Haha.

*bows* thank you, thank you

....ok I just got to ask, are you really in Forks, or do you wish you're there?
You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair. - Rosalie Hale
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

malaz wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:ahh ok. i got that now.

ok, good.

yes, they are. but i thought they were towards bloodlust?
but if you were talking about that he always has reason to be angry - i wasn't disagreeing with that if you've noticed.

nope, they were towards you, it was just bloodlust's theory that i was borrowing. sorry, i know that was confusing. but i'm much to lazy to edit.

yeah, i know, i was just saying that jake DOES get angry and have a temper, but for the most part, he rethinks and controls that, cuz he knows it's a weakness of his. edward does the same thing, with his control freak side. i think that shows a LOT of maturity (that has existed in jake since we've seen him, hasn't grown over the books/years). actually, i think out of all three characters, edward has grown the most maturity wise, because he had never had to rethink his actions before, he had never questioned himself. hmmm notice someone in the character triangle is missing from the maturity discussion........

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Lisa_bryony
Wandering Through Town

Post by Lisa_bryony »

malaz wrote:^ha! alright then. i like getting into discussions so...
haha, it's alright though. i disagree :D
Lol, me too, to be honest it was like midnight and I was tired but I'm back on top form now, lol. :lol:
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Lisa_bryony wrote:
malaz wrote:^ha! alright then. i like getting into discussions so...
haha, it's alright though. i disagree :D
Lol, me too, to be honest it was like midnight and I was tired but I'm back on top form now, lol. :lol:
i know what you mean. 12:00 AMs are just not good times for a good thorough discussion.
...I am not sure if we have a current topic?

hofj - oooh! i see i see. i am still confused what you mean anyways. but for the most part i agree with what i coud understand. prone to over reaction, stops...thinks things through and changes the course of his actions?
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

Any other jake lovers really sad we probably won't get anymore of his story post BD? Also, anyone got any good post-BD fanfic recommendations that have an emphasis on jacob/nessie/leah/volturi, etc?