Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Jacob Black

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

i guess, if i had a bella situation...meaning that if I were torn between two guys about whom i felt the same way that bella feels about edward and jacob...I'd probably go with the edward choice. Because Bella does love Edward more, I suppose.

But that doesn't mean that the kind of love Bella and Jacob had for each other was nothing. I'd do anything to find someone I loved even close to that much.

Ok that probably didn't even make sense..
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

Esme echo wrote:I think I have to reiterate that although I think Jacob would have been a better fit for me, personally, I would have been totally upset if Bella hadn't chosen Edward. I think they fit together perfectly, and while I wouldn't want to be married to him, (pre-Breaking Dawn), I love him to pieces! I'm still firmly Switzerland! :D

I wouldn't have been upset if Bella didn't end up with edward. I thought that SM could write an equally compelling story if bella had chosen jake. *shrugs* At the end of Eclipse, I took bella and edward ending up together as something that was going to happen, not something that absolutely had to happen.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i think bella needed to be with edward because it was only fair. edward would never find anyone else, and would have to live for eternity without her. jacob had the glimmer of hope left.

now, that's not to say i think that edward and bella were right for each other. up until breaking dawn, i saw two distinct bellas. jacob's bella and edward's bella. and i have to say, i liked jacob's bella a heck of a lot more than edward's. i think jake and bella were made for each other, and i much prefer their type of romance to bella's and edward's. it's.... simpler. that's not to say any less intense or strong, but less melodramatic. and that's what i want out of life. a simple sweet relationship.

in a way, bella and edward's relationship reminds me of a thunderstorm. it makes a lot of flashing lights and loud noises, and it's truly spectacular. but it also sets things on fire, knocks down trees, and the rain is quick but torrential, causing flash floods and damage.

but jacob and bell's relationship is more like spring rain. gentle and nourishing, sort of calm and peaceful, and cleansing.

i hope all that made sense.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

holdingoutforjacob wrote: but jacob and bell's relationship is more like spring rain. gentle and nourishing, sort of calm and peaceful, and cleansing.
So true. And a nice metaphor my the way. :]

That makes me think of Jacob and Bella's real kiss in Eclipse when she thought of her "would-be" children. It was so nice and as you said 'simple' than the complex life that Edward has brought her into.

And though I know Bedward are supposed to be together. I always think about Bella, Jake, and her 'almost' children happy in La Push together.
J<3B
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:i think bella needed to be with edward because it was only fair. edward would never find anyone else, and would have to live for eternity without her. jacob had the glimmer of hope left.
That's true. He basically imprinted on her, so.....
now, that's not to say i think that edward and bella were right for each other. up until breaking dawn, i saw two distinct bellas. jacob's bella and edward's bella. and i have to say, i liked jacob's bella a heck of a lot more than edward's. i think jake and bella were made for each other, and i much prefer their type of romance to bella's and edward's. it's.... simpler. that's not to say any less intense or strong, but less melodramatic. and that's what i want out of life. a simple sweet relationship.

in a way, bella and edward's relationship reminds me of a thunderstorm.
snip

but jacob and bell's relationship is more like spring rain. snip
I saw Jacob and Bella's connection as sort of primal/organic. It was deep and natural and yes passionate. Sort of like the tides. They fall and rise, but it's rythmic and 'right.' By the end of the series I regarded Bella and Edward's connection as more of a fairytale 'princess' meets 'prince' thing. Their dialogue. The way she described/worshipped him. As you mentioned, the melodrama. It's just not my thing. But I can still see why it appealed to so many people.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:i think bella needed to be with edward because it was only fair. edward would never find anyone else, and would have to live for eternity without her. jacob had the glimmer of hope left.

in a way, bella and edward's relationship reminds me of a thunderstorm. it makes a lot of flashing lights and loud noises, and it's truly spectacular. but it also sets things on fire, knocks down trees, and the rain is quick but torrential, causing flash floods and damage.

but jacob and bell's relationship is more like spring rain. gentle and nourishing, sort of calm and peaceful, and cleansing.

Woah...i am sorry but i am not sure if i am interpreting your first paragraph right...or perhaps wrong! it happens over the internet.
But...are you saying that Bella picked Edward out of extreme generorsity and as if...she owed it to him? and because he would never have another chance at love? and abviously jacob had? *very confused at the moment*
I mean, sure Jake had a chance at healing and Edward doesn't, but are you saying that's why she picked edward?
please please explain, or i think i'll go insane out of curiousty

wow...how IRONIC? with the whole thunderstorms and spring rain. (good analogy btw)
I am head-over-heals with rain storms, they're the best ever. espically at night...ahh, the sounds they make. I mean i love rain in general but thunderstorms p.w.n all. and here you compare it to Edward and & Bella's relationship.
I personally and honestly dilike both Bella's Edward's and Jacob's Edward with passion. recently bella just annoys the hell out of me, i don't know why. I mean, eclipse and half of breaking dawn--i just feel as if i hate her...which is pretty strong a word.

And i am the only one who can't see Bella and Jacob together. it just seems to me that they were always destined to be best friends, i can't...see them any other way. it's rather weird. and I dont' know how i would cope since i don't 'really' like them both that much, if they were together...i would proberly go insane :|
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

malaz wrote:snip

Woah...i am sorry but i am not sure if i am interpreting your first paragraph right...or perhaps wrong! it happens over the internet.
But...are you saying that Bella picked Edward out of extreme generorsity and as if...she owed it to him? and because he would never have another chance at love? and abviously jacob had? *very confused at the moment*
I mean, sure Jake had a chance at healing and Edward doesn't, but are you saying that's why she picked edward?
please please explain, or i think i'll go insane out of curiousty
No, that's not what she's saying. I think HOFJ is implying that as a reader, it would seem unfair or maybe even tragic for bella not to choose edward b/c he would not be able to choose anyone else. SM said that when vampires find their mates, they don't 'change'. He pretty much imprinted on her. She basically imprinted on him too, so it's not a matter of generosity or pity. It's just that as a human she had a bit more 'leeway' in the matter of 'choice.'

wow...how IRONIC? with the whole thunderstorms and spring rain. (good analogy btw)
I am head-over-heals with rain storms, they're the best ever. espically at night...ahh, the sounds they make. I mean i love rain in general but thunderstorms p.w.n all. and here you compare it to Edward and & Bella's relationship.
I personally and honestly dilike both Bella's Edward's and Jacob's Edward with passion. recently bella just annoys the hell out of me, i don't know why. I mean, eclipse and half of breaking dawn--i just feel as if i hate her...which is pretty strong a word.
I find B/E's love to be a bit 'jarring' , but I don't interpret their brand of passion as 'thunderstorm-like' so that anaology is sort of lost on me.
Do you mean you dislike both Edward's bella and Jacob's bella right now? I don't hate her, but I definitely have some fundamental difference from her in terms of the way I view things. At this point, I'm just sort of indifferent to her.

And i am the only one who can't see Bella and Jacob together. it just seems to me that they were always destined to be best friends, i can't...see them any other way. it's rather weird. and I dont' know how i would cope since i don't 'really' like them both that much, if they were together...i would proberly go insane :|
LOL! About midway through NM, I stopped thinking of them as just best friends. Bella's internal dialogue and her dynamic with jacob changed. When she said the lines 'blurred' when she was around jacob it confirmed to me that their relationship wasn't that simple. I loved it. It was subtle and complex and just 'organic' to me.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Do you mean you dislike both Edward's bella and Jacob's bella right now? I don't hate her, but I definitely have some fundamental difference from her in terms of the way I view things. At this point, I'm just sort of indifferent to her.
YUP!! i dislike both of these Bella's. I really can't find much of a distinction to be honest between these two bella's, one is immature and childish, the other is grownup and mature...in the end though bella as a whole doesn't seem that mature to me at all...okk i'll stop. don't want to sway the topic :lol:

oooh, okk. Good explaination about why bella picked edward, i guess i misinterpreted it. thankyou for explaining <3
:D

Thunderstorm - i guess metamorphically to me it fits in with B&E's relationship, as in it's strong and intense and very strong strong love. extraordinary...heheh!!

and oh, yeah. In new moon. There were a few lines here and there that totally just screamed 'bella is inlove with him' but y'know what even given the facts i can't see them together, it's just too weird. i am so used to them being friends that now they want to be with each other, it's impossible for me to see them that way...gahh
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

malaz - cataclysm got that one right. i just meant that viewing it as a third party, it would seem extremely unfair for bella to choose jacob. bella certainly wasn't looking at it like that!

as for thunderstorms, i guess i was referring to the fact that they are very dramatic, befitting of bella and edward's melodrama, and just like they are sort of big and loud and the cliche of power/drama. you could obviously apply that to many other things, it just seemed to be that if i wanted to keep the two analogies together, i should stay in the weather family!

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:snip
as for thunderstorms, i guess i was referring to the fact that they are very dramatic, befitting of bella and edward's melodrama, and just like they are sort of big and loud and the cliche of power/drama. you could obviously apply that to many other things, it just seemed to be that if i wanted to keep the two analogies together, i should stay in the weather family!

I think it's a good analogy. I just didn't find the B/E dynamic to be that 'striking' ;)