Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Jacob Black

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

esme echo, are you talking about romantic love or just love in general? because i think he still loves her...maybe. or did, before she became a werewolf. didn't it say somewhere he did??

but yeah, i think jake still loves bella, but, as i think she put it "the right way".

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

Actually, Jacob is the one who said he loved Bella the right way now. I'll look for the reference and edit ...

Yes, I meant Sam's love for Leah was not romantic, but more along the lines of his love for all his brother wolves.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
Liv-wa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Liv-wa »

Esme echo wrote:Actually, Jacob is the one who said he loved Bella the right way now. I'll look for the reference and edit ...

Yes, I meant Sam's love for Leah was not romantic, but more along the lines of his love for all his brother wolves.
But if Sam loves Leah along the lines as his love for the rest of the wolves because she is one? Would that be the same love Jake is feeling for Bella?

Sorrry if that was completely incoherant. I'm basically half asleep.
Click here to join. We need some more of that pureblood [;Image
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Liv-wa wrote:
Esme echo wrote:Actually, Jacob is the one who said he loved Bella the right way now. I'll look for the reference and edit ...

But if Sam loves Leah along the lines as his love for the rest of the wolves because she is one? Would that be the same love Jake is feeling for Bella?

Sorrry if that was completely incoherant. I'm basically half asleep.
nah, i read it twice then i gotcha.

hmm. no. i don't think so. i think that because bella was jake's best friend, and vice-versa, their love is different, stronger. i think that maybe when he first imprinted sam still loved leah, but i think he stopped loving her and just sort of cares about her now. because what happened totally and completely changed her. but jake and bella are still the same people, not that much changes from the beginning of new moon or twilight, if you really think about it.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

MoonlitRose wrote:I have a quick question, and I'm interested to hear everybody's answer!

I have started a Jacob Black fanfiction. In Eclipse, Jake tells Bella that it's possible to love more than one person. It sounded as if he were speaking from experience (which he probably was, considering the whole pack-mind-reading-thing). Now, Sam was in love with Leah Clearwater, correct? Once he imprinted on her cousin, Emily, he broke every promise he made to Leah and feels really guilty about it. Is it because he still loves Leah, as well, but it can't compare to his love for Emily? Or is it because it's just that: he feels guilty?

How do you think the whole imprinting thing works? Does it erase all of their romantic feelings for people they were in love with previously, i.e. Jacob for Bella, or does it not? What do you think?
I think Sam still loves Leah, but only in a much "watered-down" way. Esme Echo is probably right, he loves her no more now than the rest of his pack brothers, but that is still a pretty powerful love. I don't think imprinting completely erases the love and feelings that you had for all the others in your life, but the strength and level of devotion is rearranged. Like how Jacob still loves Bella, I think it's an echo of the love he once had for her, and he is also tied to her through Renesme's love for her mother.

Does that make sense?
I Want to Believe
TheWolfGirl
Settled in Forks

Post by TheWolfGirl »

well hello my fellow Twi-hards! :) i'm so glad there's a jake disscussion. :D ok...here's my view of things. Jacob is as perfect a guy as anyone is likely to find. I love that about him. he's funny and caring...but he makes mistakes. I knew at the end of NM that he wouldn't end up with bella. :( but i also was nearly positive that he wasn't going to just be left hanging. i could feel it. he's a lot mere realistic than edward and i know thats stupid sounding considering the circumstances but edward is just a little hard to wrap my head around. not that i don't love him...
and honestly i'm a little biased because i started with NM and fell in love with Jake first. :D
Jacob Black's Not-So-Secret Stalker! =)
Liv-wa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Liv-wa »

TheWolfGirl wrote:well hello my fellow Twi-hards! :) i'm so glad there's a jake disscussion. :D ok...here's my view of things. Jacob is as perfect a guy as anyone is likely to find. I love that about him. he's funny and caring...but he makes mistakes. I knew at the end of NM that he wouldn't end up with bella. :( but i also was nearly positive that he wasn't going to just be left hanging. i could feel it. he's a lot mere realistic than edward and i know thats stupid sounding considering the circumstances but edward is just a little hard to wrap my head around. not that i don't love him...
and honestly i'm a little biased because i started with NM and fell in love with Jake first. :D
See, I met Edward first...but fell for Jake so much stronger. Don't know why...well, maybe I do. He is actually warm. I like Bella and Edward together, they fit like two strangely cut puzzle peices, and Jake was just kind of left standing there when Edward came back. He really didn't have much of a chance on account of Bella is blindsighted as soon as Edward walks into the room.

Jake is still my favorite though.
Click here to join. We need some more of that pureblood [;Image
TheWolfGirl
Settled in Forks

Post by TheWolfGirl »

:lol: yes he is warm...that's one of my arguments for why jake is better. he's hott! :D really i guess the teams (team edward/jacob/switzerland) depnd on how you look at it. if it's about who's better jake wins hands down. but if its about who's better for bella...edward. as much as i hate to say it, its true. and really nessie is so much healthier for jake. :)
Jacob Black's Not-So-Secret Stalker! =)
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

i have to say that i LOVE Jacob. To me he really was that best friend that put the broken pieces of bella's heart together- he's the only reason she didn't go insane and kill herself or something. I really get annoyed when people hate Jacob just because "he gets in Edward's way" but to be honest can we really blame him? He's A TEENAGE BOY. It's in their nature to tick off us teen girls because that's just what they do; it's not like it's on purpose or immature, that's just how they function. Jacob to me is so caring and considerate- and if you really pay attention in New Moon you can see that. He pays attention to Bella and stays away from subjects that make her crumble; he even knows not to mention Edward's NAME because it kills Bella. Not only this, but Jacob really is the person Bella would end up with if it were not for the magical universe part. He's "that natural course her life would have taken, if it had not been for Edward". I also must note that i adore his sarcasm, it's just what sets him apart from the other characters. Not only that but i really liked the friendship and connectiong Bella had with him. Because in essence they really are alot alike: caring, STUBBORN, sarcastic....i just don't see why so many people hate on Jacob so much. I mean what would you do if you were trying to desperately save someone you loved from making a huge mistake (or so you think)?

I've always had a soft spot for Jacob, because he saved Bella in so many ways; he was her shoulder to cry on and the sun that gave her that fresh breath of air when Edward was away...

This does NOT however take away from the fact that i love Edward to death...

TEAM SWITZERLAND!!!
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
VampyreChica
Settled in Forks

Post by VampyreChica »

i actually really can't stand Jacob Black.. he messed up everything for bella and edward.. and made bela cheat on edward!!
i could not stand that.. he tricked bella into kissing hiM and hurting edward..

TEAM EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!!
As i love you-- Edward Cullen