Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
star
Settled in Forks

Re: Jasper Hale

Post by star »

Ok, I just want to say that all of the nicknames in BD got on my nerves, but esp. "Jazz" or "Jazzy" grrr! It was maddening. And I don't even have a reason for my dislike of nicknames. It was just so non Jasper. :|
BEDhead
Settled in Forks

Post by BEDhead »

Jasper is, to me, one of the most interesting characters. He is the embodiment of mystery. To determine any of his thoughts or feelings would be near impossible considering the many outside influences on him because of his ability. Every character in the cullen family had their short story, and its true that Jaspers was the longest spanning, but i feel that only the surface was reached.
Anyway; does anyone else think that maybe Jaspers ability could be one of the reasons the rest of the Cullens are able to live their "vegetarian" life so easily? If he sent out 'love', would it attract people to HIM or to their partners?
Roy:Even if that were true,it's just not in their nature to learn how to use a ladder.They have wings.When a moth thinks about traveling vertically upwards, a ladder is just the last thing they would think of."
BEDhead
Settled in Forks

Post by BEDhead »

Yeahhhh, right there with you Star. Jasper is not a car! Honestly, 'Jazzy'? Did he suddenly grow wheels? Or is he now a 40-year-old female stripper?
Poor Jasper.....
Roy:Even if that were true,it's just not in their nature to learn how to use a ladder.They have wings.When a moth thinks about traveling vertically upwards, a ladder is just the last thing they would think of."
Mrs.EdwardCullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by Mrs.EdwardCullen »

I freakin' love his power!!!! It is so Flippin' swe-et!!! My cousin says that he is way hotter than Edward but I disagree. He and Alice have a really good bond together too. They are like this *crosses fingers*
Here's the code:
Jacob: "I told you so."
Bella: "Did you know that I told you so has a brother? His name is shut the hell up."
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

please don't hurt me guys but- I actually like the nickname "Jazz" for him. :oops: I liked it when Edward called his brothers "Jazz and Em" I thought it was adorable... :oops:

anyway, he is amazing. who can dislike Jasper? He is incredible! *swoons*
ColormeBSG
LinkinParkMcCullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by LinkinParkMcCullen »

I think that Jasper would be the most interesting person to have a book written in his POV. He is just so mysterious and we never really understand what he is thinking or how he is reacting to anything. That is why I love him so much! :lol:
ImageImage
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

LinkinParkMcCullen wrote:I think that Jasper would be the most interesting person to have a book written in his POV. He is just so mysterious and we never really understand what he is thinking or how he is reacting to anything. That is why I love him so much! :lol:
YES!!!! OMJ, you took the thought right from my brain!!!
ColormeBSG
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Jasper really is one of those characters who caught my eye...not much is said of him but for some reason you can tell he somehow plays a solid role in the series. I'm not sure what to say exactly, but Jasper really seems like that solid person in the Cullen family; perceptive, honest, and very insightful. His character seems so complicated but at the same time very composed. He just comes off as a deep meaningful character. They way his expressions are described whenever Bella speaks of him always makes me think of him as the type of person who really helps the Cullens keep their heads and minds clear *of course aside from the fact that he can manipulate emotions*

As a matter of fact i think that may be the main reason why he appeals to me in that way. In order to affect the emotions of others, he must feel that emotion himself; i really think the fact that he must have so much control over his mindset and emotions really contributes to his complicated character in the sense that he always seems so "composed"

...i adore Jasper haha
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

This is kind of random but...when did Edward start calling Jasper 'Jazz'? Haha, it was so out of nowhere. He never had called him 'Jazz' before. So why now? Or was Bella just around at all the serious parts where things were too tense to use nicknames? :]
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

ha ha. i loved the nickname!! i don't know why, but whenever i got to a part where they said "Jazz..." i started having a giggle fit. it was cool to me. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin