Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Alice Cullen

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss all the things you've wondered about Alice as an individual. Keep posts about Jasper and Alice's relationship to the general discussion forum in Quench Your Thirst.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
danobanano
Putting the Fun in Fun Fur

Re: Alice Cullen

Post by danobanano »

For me the Alice in Breaking Dawn is a pretty neat person. She was able to get her family to believe she had left them for good so they couldn't give her true intentions away to Aro. Remember Aro knows EVERY THOUGHT you've EVERY had. If Edward even guessed that Alice was out looking for another half human/half vampire they wouldn't have been able to stall the Voluturri long enough for Alice to get back. I'm pretty sure Alice saw all those options. Bella knew her best friend didn't abandon her. Bella believed Alice provided a way so Bella could keep her daughter safe. That's a pretty amazing friend don't you think?

I understand how sad it is she wasn't there to comfort Bella during the Pregnancy. But think about who Bella called for help in the first place, not Alice but Rosalie. Alice doesn't remember ever being human so we couldn't empathize with Bella the way Rosalie could.

And those poor headaches of hers. Imagine the pain they must have been causing her considering she's vampire and doesn't know pain.

Speaking of those headaches. Carlisle thinks Alice couldn't see the baby because of the chromosone count similar to Jacob's. Is it possible she couldn't see the baby because of Jacob? Alice sees into the future except where the "shape-shifters" are concerned and obviously Nessie's future was to be tied to Jacob so thouroughly. Could that be the reason for the blackouts?

I think what's so sad about Breaking Dawn is that it's over, and yet we all want more. Who doesn't want lots more Alice all the time? We love these characters at least I do, and it saddens me that we only have snippets of these characters because Stephenie is only human and can only publish so many books in her lifetime.
It's all about expectations baby
Help Save Forks High School
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

personally, i don't blame alice for not being near bella and rose during the pregnancy. but that's another topic.

hmm i thought Alice couldn't see anything about Nessie because Bella was a shield, but now that i think about it, Alice has always been able to see Bella before... I don't know.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Miss Vengeance
Wandering Through Town

Post by Miss Vengeance »

I honestly don't blame Alice from trying to stay away from Bella. Her child was giving the poor girl headaches that she just couldn't handle. As for when she left, I was absolutely heartbroken. Then I jumped up out of joy when she came back.

I do wish there was more Alice in Breaking Dawn, but what can we do now? Nothing.

Alice has always been my favorite character after Jasper. She's just always so happy and you can't help but smile when you think about her. She is a good friend that I'm sure most of us wish we had.
bite-me
Wandering Through Town

Post by bite-me »

OMG OMG OMG
I've always LOVED Alice.

She's funky, funny, and just awesomeness personified.

My friends (who have read Twilight) say I'm a lot like her. I adimt I agree. We're both energetic and small (we share the same height). Even our relationship with our boyfriend/husband is similar.

I sobbed when Alice left with Jasper in BD... I was really really bad. I had to put the book down for 30 minutes to compose myself. When they came back with Nahuel I screamed and jumped about the bedroom.

But yeah, Alice is such a great character. I really want to know more about her past. I feel so bad for her. Having no memory what so ever. It's gotta be awful.
Elena Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Elena Cullen »

I remembered the line "i will hurt myself to keep from hurting you" that's kind of what Alice did, she protected the Cullens from the Volturi AND provided Aro with an excuse to not start a battle...I will write a more descriptive perspective of Alice in a bit...I need to finish my HW
Paprika
Wandering Through Town

Post by Paprika »

I think the best thing to describe my reaction when Alice left was shocked disbelief. That, however, was merely my inital reaction and quite soon I was trying to rationalize why she left in my head. Alice isn't the kind who leaves people she loves for self preservation, if she was going to do that she would've left before the battle with the newborn army in Eclipse because she couldn't see the outcome there. When she came back though, and with the other half-breed, I jumped out of my chair and did a bit of a jig. Alice, because of her effort to save Renesme, remains one of my favorites:D
Come on and pick me up, somebody clear the wreckage from the blast....-Jack's Mannequin, The Resolution

So I know I'm not alone in a world full of Vampires-Jack's Mannequin, Cell Phone
leahlovetwilight
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by leahlovetwilight »

alice=would be my favorite if edward wasnt in the books.
she's fashionable
and talkative
and has the most awesome hair.
and has jasper.
some vampires have all the luck in the world
"when i got home,all my things were in the garage."-edward cullen
he's probably thinking,love sick morons
vamp na hEireann
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

Post by vamp na hEireann »

just a thought but if Alice used her full name would it be something like Mary Alice Brandon Whitlock Hale Cullen or something like that?Damn thats long! :lol:
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia
bite-me
Wandering Through Town

Post by bite-me »

vamp na hEireann wrote:just a thought but if Alice used her full name would it be something like Mary Alice Brandon Whitlock Hale Cullen or something like that?Damn thats long! :lol:
No, Hale or Cullen wouldn't be part of her name.

Mary Alice Brandon Whitlock. That would be her offical married name

Like Rosalie's is Rosalie Lillian Hale McCarty and Bella's would actually be Isabella Marie Swan Masen.

Only Esme would be Cullen seeing as she married Carlisle

Esme Anne Platt Evenson Cullen.

This is how I see it anyways, seeing as Jasper, Edward and Emmett's birthnames aren't Cullen