Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
obsessedsmallgirl3
Settled in Forks

Re: Alice Cullen

Post by obsessedsmallgirl3 »

Oh thanks so much! I don't own the books so I couldn't check!
"You should've seen his face when I started taking off my clothes, though. Priceless."

http://media.photobucket.com/image/rene ... e.jpg?o=17
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

you know what i've always wondered. in twilight, howcome Alice didn't see Bella's decision to go see James and stop her?
it's just too confusing and i am just going to assume it's some sort of plot hole. because Bella made that decision, how can Alice not see it?
I would appreciate it if anyone could clear this up for me! :D
Isobelle
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Isobelle »

malaz wrote:you know what i've always wondered. in twilight, howcome Alice didn't see Bella's decision to go see James and stop her?
it's just too confusing and i am just going to assume it's some sort of plot hole. because Bella made that decision, how can Alice not see it?

From the way I understood Alice's gift in Twilight, was that she couldnt so much as see a person's decision as the outcome because of it. So when Bella made her decision to go to James, that's when she saw Bella in the ballet studio with him. I believe Alice also says in BD that her gift works better the longer she knows someone. She hasnt been that close to Bella at the time of this incident. I hope this helps, its my take on the situation anyway. :D
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

Isobelle wrote:
malaz wrote:you know what i've always wondered. in twilight, howcome Alice didn't see Bella's decision to go see James and stop her?

From the way I understood Alice's gift in Twilight, was that she couldnt so much as see a person's decision as the outcome because of it. So when Bella made her decision to go to James, that's when she saw Bella in the ballet studio with him. I believe Alice also says in BD that her gift works better the longer she knows someone. She hasnt been that close to Bella at the time of this incident. I hope this helps, its my take on the situation anyway. :D
Yeah it's kinda like that.

After Bella made the decision Alice saw her IN the studio but she didn't know what got her there. I think Bella mentions that Alice assumed it was some mistake on their part that made her end up there and not Bella acctually running to James.

I'm sure Alice didn't tell Bella what she saw because she didn't want to alarm her until she figured out how to fix it...

What IS interesting is that Alice didn't see Bella running through the Airport, or getting in the taxi, or even the phone call with James. I mean she was searching for the "trigger" in Jasper's word so she should have seen some part of that.
:lol:

So yeah there are plot holes with Alice's power...
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
Alice's_Guineapig.x
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice's_Guineapig.x »

Alice Cullen is soo my favourite character and always has been! Everything about her is just brill and I am very simular to her. I was a bit cheesed off with how Alice acted during Bella's pregnancy but I can't really blame her because I was replused by the monster inside of Bella until Renesmee was born and Alice had her reasons. I actually cried when Alice left in Breaking Dawn! It was so sad! Ahh well, she remains as perfect as ever. Alice is so small and is hugly irritating!!! Go team Alice!!.x
"And I'm a virgo!" - Bella Cullen (Calling her that is so cool!.x)

"Ow!" - Edward Cullen

I love it, love it!..x
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

YourFavoriteAries wrote:
Isobelle wrote:

Yeah it's kinda like that.

After Bella made the decision Alice saw her IN the studio but she didn't know what got her there. I think Bella mentions that Alice assumed it was some mistake on their part that made her end up there and not Bella acctually running to James.

I'm sure Alice didn't tell Bella what she saw because she didn't want to alarm her until she figured out how to fix it...

What IS interesting is that Alice didn't see Bella running through the Airport, or getting in the taxi, or even the phone call with James. I mean she was searching for the "trigger" in Jasper's word so she should have seen some part of that.
:lol:

So yeah there are plot holes with Alice's power...
Thanks guys. That clears it up to an extent. :D :D
But it's still quite confusing at times - like that last question YourFavoriteAries mentioned in her post! hmm...
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

I don't know- never really thought about it... I guess I rely too much on my suspension of disbelief :oops:
but I love Alice no matter! what! but she had better watch her back- because Jasper is SO mine.
ColormeBSG
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

malaz wrote: Thanks guys. That clears it up to an extent. :D :D
But it's still quite confusing at times - like that last question YourFavoriteAries mentioned in her post! hmm...
Yeah, and like someone said on another thread.

In BD Bella could hear Rosalie shift her weight all the way downstairs and probably through walls.

But Alice couldn't hear both ends of Bella's phone convo through the puny hotel walls? If not the conversation the sounds of her crying (she did start crying right?) or her sharp intakes of breath or anything that probably should have given her away.
:?

I'm guessing when SM was writing Twilight she never thought how super amazing vampire hearing is would have to be clarified but...
Lioness Rampant wrote:I don't know- never really thought about it... I guess I rely too much on my suspension of disbelief :oops:
but I love Alice no matter! what! but she had better watch her back- because Jasper is SO mine.
*adds Lioness Rampant to hit list under Alice*
;) :lol:
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
Jublio
Settled in Forks

Post by Jublio »

I loooove Alice, mostly because she is just so positive about everything and she has so much energy
and I'm sooo jealous she has Jasper,
but I'm probably one of the many who wants to steal him from her :roll:
....::Image::....
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

YourFavoriteAries wrote: *adds Lioness Rampant to hit list under Alice*
;) :lol:
*hides under desk*
eek! :shock:

yes, Jublio. good luck with the stealing part. If you manage to get around alice's visions, you won't be able to keep Jasper for youself! :twisted: if you do, watch your back!!! *ATTACK OF THE FANGIRLS!!!*
ColormeBSG