Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Ambrosia
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by Ambrosia »

LadyDi wrote:
In the old Rosalie thread, a group of us wondered about how Rosalie killed her fiance without spilling his blood or drinking his blood - Rosalie bragged about having a cleaner record than Esme on that count. (There were some great theories about that; I think I imagined that she strangled him or beat him to death with a blunt object, like a bat, so that she never was tempted). Yet, in Breaking Dawn, she threatens Jake by saying that she has killed quite a lot of people. Any thoughts on that?
I know this was an older post, but it really got me thinking.

If I recall correctly I remember Rosalie saying that she killed all of the men with her fiance first and made him watch/hear their screams, saving him for last. Finally, she killed him. She said that she didn't drink his blood because she didn't want any part of him in her. So, she has killed several humans, but never drank their blood because they repulsed her.
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

LadyDi wrote: In the old Rosalie thread, a group of us wondered about how Rosalie killed her fiance without spilling his blood or drinking his blood - Rosalie bragged about having a cleaner record than Esme on that count. (There were some great theories about that; I think I imagined that she strangled him or beat him to death with a blunt object, like a bat, so that she never was tempted). Yet, in Breaking Dawn, she threatens Jake by saying that she has killed quite a lot of people. Any thoughts on that?
[/quote]
Rosalie bragged to Bella that she had never tasted human blood, though she had murdered before.
Rosalie had killed all of Royce’s friends that had helped him first. She had saved him for last hoping that he would understand what was happening and that she was coming for him. Then when she went to kill him (theatrically I might add) she killed his guards first and then him.

So I have a question?
Do you think Alice and Rosalie view each other as sisters and have a sisterly bond (something similar to what Alice quickly formed with Bella)?
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Do you think Alice and Rosalie view each other as sisters and have a sisterly bond (something similar to what Alice quickly formed with Bella)?

I think they do. I mean, Alice probably does like shopping with Rose. If she's so beautiful, Alice must have fun going to all the fabulous stores with her to find the clothes that fit her magnificent figure.
Plus, I mean, Rosalie and Alice have been around eachother for a long time. You kind of have to be close emotionally to be close physically, in my opinion.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

that's a very interesting question. they don't come off that way at all - they seem almost indifferent to each other. but it might just be that SM never really explored that particular relationship.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:that's a very interesting question. they don't come off that way at all - they seem almost indifferent to each other. but it might just be that SM never really explored that particular relationship.
I feel like SM didn't really explore Rosalie's relationships with anyone. We know she's with Emmett, but other than that she doesn't seem particularly close to anyone else in the family. They are a family though, and I think that Alice and Rosalie probably do have a sisterly relationship. I'm sure they go shopping together :) But I think their relationship might have been lacking something that Alice was eager to find with Bella.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
annabelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by annabelle »

waiting tobe dazzled wrote:So I have a question?
i think at first rosalie was jealous of her. i'm probably stretching it and making my own theories, but when jasper and alice found each other they had a time to get really close before meeting the cullens. and i would think, with rosalie's complex past, that she and emmett weren't exactly lovey-dovey yet, so seeing jasper and alice made her hate how easy their relationship was?

but then, over time, when her and emmett became more she got more lax and friendly with alice. i don't think rosalie's vindictive, but she has a lot of walls up.

just infering here

and touching on my fanfic too 8D
Rosalie’s been through a lot: losing her heartbeat, losing her faith in mankind, losing herself... but then she met Emmett and fell for him—the boy who gave her back her life.
fanfic: Blame The Beauty
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

CantBreathe wrote:I feel like SM didn't really explore Rosalie's relationships with anyone. We know she's with Emmett, but other than that she doesn't seem particularly close to anyone else in the family. They are a family though, and I think that Alice and Rosalie probably do have a sisterly relationship. I'm sure they go shopping together :) But I think their relationship might have been lacking something that Alice was eager to find with Bella.
I remember reading somewhere that Alice was working on a new wardrobe for Rosalie so I think there is some relationship with the Cullens.

And as far a Rosalie telling Jacob that she's killed a lot more than him she doesn't say that it's people. I think she means she's killed a lot more humans and animals.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

you may be right, but in the context of the passage it definitely seems like she means people.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

cascsiany wrote:
CantBreathe wrote:I feel like SM didn't really explore Rosalie's relationships with anyone. We know she's with Emmett, but other than that she doesn't seem particularly close to anyone else in the family. They are a family though, and I think that Alice and Rosalie probably do have a sisterly relationship. I'm sure they go shopping together :) But I think their relationship might have been lacking something that Alice was eager to find with Bella.
I remember reading somewhere that Alice was working on a new wardrobe for Rosalie so I think there is some relationship with the Cullens.
that was in midnight sun. I think her and Alice have a good relationship. not like bestfriends. but i think they think of each other as sisters and they love each other.
Rosalie_team
Settled in Forks

Post by Rosalie_team »

I absolutely adore Rosalie but not in the film, I mean she isn't that mean, in the book her dislike of Bella isn't so exaggerated as it is in the film. In Breaking Dawn, I don't doubt her extreme kindness to Bella and Renesmee, she loves baby and she desperately wants to have one but she can't. She just wants to be part of something she would never have... Poverina! Rosalie ti adoro!!!!
La mia ROSALIE, l'estremo di BELLEZZA