Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by skylarblue »

I think even though Edward new what Rose was thinking, it was somewhat distorted because of the situation at hand.

Maybe it was SM's intentions to put the whole situation in MS but we won't know until when/if it comes out. I think Edward was just so consumed with helping/saving Bella, that even though he could possibly hear what everyone was thinking (that she was going to die) he didn't really pay attention. Maybe he consentrated on only parts and the things he heard/relayed from Rose was what he wanted to hear and what he wanted to relay.

Who's to say that Rose's intentions towards Bella and Nessie, where something different then what we find out.

Why am I defending her? She is one of my least favorite characters but I feel that she is somewhat misunderstood. Maybe I'm starting to understand her a little more posting here. I don't know.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

Edward mis-interpreting a thought is as easy as someone mis-interpreting what someone else says. He hears them just as we hear someone speak. And we all can't claim to always represent ourselves exactly how we intend to through our words...it happens. Someone says one thing, but you hear it as something else, and unless you call them out on it, you would never know what they actually meant.

As for why SM would put that in there, I think it just points to Edward's mental stateand its a plot device to show us that he sees Jacob as his only way to help Bella because everyone else is just after the baby. Edward sees Jacob as the only other person who cares about Bella as much as he does, and this would go even further if he thought even his family was all for Bella dying. He just wasn't thinking right.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

awesomejen, you just made my point for me. we can never know what someone actually means because we can't hear their thoughts. edward can.

in my experience, SM doesn't just throw in things about characters for no reason, especially if they are playing an integral role in the story.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

We'll only know if Rosalie really was disregarding Bella's life if someone asks SM, so until then, let's change the discussion? This is getting old and not going anywhere, seriously.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Gi.Kodaly wrote:We'll only know if Rosalie really was disregarding Bella's life if someone asks SM, so until then, let's change the discussion? This is getting old and not going anywhere, seriously.
yeah, i plan to ask her that along some other things. if i ever get the chance to. living in canada is so not cool.

hm, we need a new topic!!!
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

malaz wrote:
Gi.Kodaly wrote:We'll only know if Rosalie really was disregarding Bella's life if someone asks SM, so until then, let's change the discussion? This is getting old and not going anywhere, seriously.
yeah, i plan to ask her that along some other things. if i ever get the chance to. living in canada is so not cool.

hm, we need a new topic!!!
I know, right? Let's get one.
I just thought of something! Do you think that Rose and Alice have a sisters' like(?) relationship? We don't really get an interaction between them on the books. I can totally see them going shopping together. LOL
I was wondering if Rosalie has the name Cullen and just chooses to use Hale, or she doesn't have it at all? When she married Emmett she got his human last name or Cullen? This is kinda confusing.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Gi.Kodaly wrote:I was wondering if Rosalie has the name Cullen and just chooses to use Hale, or she doesn't have it at all? When she married Emmett she got his human last name or Cullen? This is kinda confusing.
From what I remember, Rose uses Hale because she and Jasper are suppose to be twins and she uses Jasper's last name. I think Emmett took Cullen because he was adopted by Carlisle but no one knows that Emmett and Rose are married, they just think they are dating.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

skylarblue wrote:
Gi.Kodaly wrote:I was wondering if Rosalie has the name Cullen and just chooses to use Hale, or she doesn't have it at all? When she married Emmett she got his human last name or Cullen? This is kinda confusing.
From what I remember, Rose uses Hale because she and Jasper are suppose to be twins and she uses Jasper's last name. I think Emmett took Cullen because he was adopted by Carlisle but no one knows that Emmett and Rose are married, they just think they are dating.
sorry to be annoying.
But Hale is actaully her last name.

Rosalie wants to hold on to her human life as much as she could, so she goes by her authentic real last name which Hale. and jasper doesn't really care what he goes by, but since he and rose look related, they pretent to be twins so he uses hale. Jasper's real last name is Whitlock (ahh, such a cute one, right?)
Emmett, Alice and Edward are supposed to be brothers and sister, and since they [pretend] to be related they all use Cullen because Carlisle adopted them, so they go by his last name. Rose and jasper, i think, are supposed to be foster children (and they pretend to be related to Esme. so they don't have to switch their last names to carlisle's)

I think Rose and Alice have a good relationship. they worked on Nessie's clothes together, i think. am i right, or was i imagining that?
hmm, i think they are close but not that close. i think they maintain a very well, good, relationship.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

malaz, you're not be annoying. Thanks for correcting my mistake. How could I forget that Jasper's last name was Whitlock *smacks self on forehead*?

Sickness sucks, you could fry an egg on my head right now. So with my mistake, you can understand, I'm not thinking straight.

I'm wondering about Rose and Alice's relationship being close because it seems that if they were closer, would Alice and Bella become such good friends?
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i think that rose would be a hard person to be close to. i'm not just saying that because i dislike her, but because as SM says selfishness is her main character trait, along with vanity. it's very hard to be close to a person who is selfish or even self-centered because you cannot count on them emotionally. however, if you never got in the way of anything she wanted, i can see rosalie being fiercely loyal, a quality i really admire. i can see her being a lot like leah in that, actually.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...