Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

^^ Yeah. SM said that she is loyal didn't she? And she also said that she's very close to her adopted family (or something like that) so I guess she has a pretty good relationship with everyone.
I wanted to see how it was like when Esme and Rosalie were the only girls in the family. That must have been funny! Their personalities are so different.
I think that when Rose was a newborn Esme was the one keeping her in the family. The way she says she hates being a vampire makes me think that she wanted to kill Carlisle for what he had done to her.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
annabelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by annabelle »

Rosalie's as fierce as Hale. More than Tyra Banks.
Rosalie’s been through a lot: losing her heartbeat, losing her faith in mankind, losing herself... but then she met Emmett and fell for him—the boy who gave her back her life.
fanfic: Blame The Beauty
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i think it's interesting because of all the cullens she came off to me as the "coldest" besides jasper, and when you think about it she's probably one of the more passionate members of the family.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
eve2eden
Settled in Forks

Rosalie in Breaking Dawn

Post by eve2eden »

Rosalie is a pretty nasty piece of work, but most people seem to feel that she redeemed herself in Breaking Dawn. I personally found her behavior in that book the most disturbing of all, and I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same way.

It was clear (at least to me) that she was completely motivated by her feelings about the baby and did not care about Bella even the smallest bit. Knowing her history and character this in itself would not have been surprising (though I agreed with Jacob when he cringed seeing Rosalie so close to Bella when she was ill and vulnerable) but I was disappointed by the fact that she went out of her way to antagonize Edward- and to a certain extent the rest of the family, who I'm sure were also suffering in watching Bella slowly die- when he was in such obvious pain. If she wasn't capable of showing kindness or sympathy, she could have at least dredged up some compassion and not intentionally made Edward feel worse. Rosalie supposedly loves Emmett deeply, so she should have been able to identify with Edward's feelings on some level at least. I don't think Breaking Dawn can be used, as it often is, as evidence that Rosalie became a better person by the end of the series. Her two most unattractive personality traits- her extreme selfishness and her unreasonable hostility towards Edward- remained firmly in place to the end.

Does anyone agree?

(Forgive me if this has already been addressed- I am new to the forum and am not able to read through 57 pages of posts or find what I'm looking for using the search function.)
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

hmm well, i can understand her helping bella for the sake of the baby. what i cannot understand is disregarding bella's life because she figured that even if bella died, the baby would go to her. as if edward would have let it live. but i can UNDERSTAND feeling that way. what i absolutely cannot understand and find totally despicable was her behavior towards everyone else, other than bella.

Ichigo Kitty
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Rosalie in Breaking Dawn

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

eve2eden wrote:Rosalie is a pretty nasty piece of work, but most people seem to feel that she redeemed herself in Breaking Dawn. I personally found her behavior in that book the most disturbing of all, and I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same way.

It was clear (at least to me) that she was completely motivated by her feelings about the baby and did not care about Bella even the smallest bit. Knowing her history and character this in itself would not have been surprising (though I agreed with Jacob when he cringed seeing Rosalie so close to Bella when she was ill and vulnerable) but I was disappointed by the fact that she went out of her way to antagonize Edward- and to a certain extent the rest of the family, who I'm sure were also suffering in watching Bella slowly die- when he was in such obvious pain. If she wasn't capable of showing kindness or sympathy, she could have at least dredged up some compassion and not intentionally made Edward feel worse. Rosalie supposedly loves Emmett deeply, so she should have been able to identify with Edward's feelings on some level at least. I don't think Breaking Dawn can be used, as it often is, as evidence that Rosalie became a better person by the end of the series. Her two most unattractive personality traits- her extreme selfishness and her unreasonable hostility towards Edward- remained firmly in place to the end.

Does anyone agree?

(Forgive me if this has already been addressed- I am new to the forum and am not able to read through 57 pages of posts or find what I'm looking for using the search function.)
I totally agree with you I had the same thoughts when I was reading the book! That's why she's my least favorite character.
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

We have already discussed that topic and we have moved on because it was creating sort of a mess here. People like me are Rosalie fans and we don't see what she does the way you do. And it didn't take anyone anywhere because people are not gonna change their minds towards Rosalie.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

hmm were you made a moderator recently?? if so, congrats. if not, let's let the girl ask whatever she wants. or boy, for that matter. 8-)

a lot of rosalie fans refuse to even see the fact that rosalie was CLEARLY in it for the baby, even if we can back it up with fact :roll:

Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Gi.Kodaly wrote:We have already discussed that topic and we have moved on because it was creating sort of a mess here. People like me are Rosalie fans and we don't see what she does the way you do. And it didn't take anyone anywhere because people are not gonna change their minds towards Rosalie.
yeah, perhaps we should move on to a new topic.

Ichigo Kitty -- please don't misunderstand. but the topic is unsubstantial. there are two sides to it and neither are clearly a 100% right because there are no evidence in the story. we've discussed it over and over and over...again and it's gotten no where. I mean, i am not trying to seem like a mod or anything. you can voice your opinions all you want...
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:hmm were you made a moderator recently?? if so, congrats. if not, let's let the girl ask whatever she wants. or boy, for that matter. 8-)
No, I wasn't (duh). I was just saying that we were discussing this and it was over. Now she knows that she can look back and find her answer.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss