Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

well if that's how it was written then that's how it is because at the end of the day, she really is just a character in a book.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:hmm well, i can understand her helping bella for the sake of the baby. what i cannot understand is disregarding bella's life because she figured that even if bella died, the baby would go to her. as if edward would have let it live. but i can UNDERSTAND feeling that way. what i absolutely cannot understand and find totally despicable was her behavior towards everyone else, other than bella.
I totally agree, and i don't know about the rest of you but i felt that rosalie's attitude during Breaking Dawn was well... sort of cold, well... more than she usally is, but Rosalie was only with bella because of the baby... that's the whole reason so i can't help but not like her i mean it would have been okay if rosalie would have really cared about bella and the baby but she was only with bella because of the baby... and then she would snap at everybody if they said something that wasn't in her interest, i mean yeah they wanted to kill the baby but, they were thinking about bella and what the baby was doing to her, she didn't care about that though she just wanted the baby... although i guess we should thank her for being so stuburn and letting the others kill the baby because if she had then we wouldn't really have a reneseme and that would have been pritty bad... but, that's just my oppinion.....
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

well it wasn't that they didn't care that she wanted the baby but they loved her too much to let her throw her life away. and rosalie cared more for the life of the baby than the life of bella, or the happiness of edward.

annabelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by annabelle »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:well if that's how it was written then that's how it is because at the end of the day, she really is just a character in a book.
accepting things without a second thought is rather ridiculous then. just because rosalie was seen as a baby-obsessed freak doesn't mean that's who she is because at the end of the day she's just a character in a book. looking at her from different sides adds to her character, and isn't it what this thread is supposed to do?
Rosalie’s been through a lot: losing her heartbeat, losing her faith in mankind, losing herself... but then she met Emmett and fell for him—the boy who gave her back her life.
fanfic: Blame The Beauty
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

i didn't say to just accept it, and i certainly did not say that you should just accept everyone else's opinion. but it's also ridiculous to say that you hate that she was written a certain way. the way she's written is how she is. if you're interpreting that differently than someone else, THAT is what we're here to discuss. not how she was written wrong.

Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

annabelle wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:well if that's how it was written then that's how it is because at the end of the day, she really is just a character in a book.
accepting things without a second thought is rather ridiculous then. just because rosalie was seen as a baby-obsessed freak doesn't mean that's who she is because at the end of the day she's just a character in a book. looking at her from different sides adds to her character, and isn't it what this thread is supposed to do?
I actaully agree. you know, we're only reading her from Jacob's point of view and he mirrored her as this baby-obsessed freak, whose possesive and wants to kill the girl he's inlove with. Edward gave us another side, he said "maybe. but that's not how Rosalie sees it" -- if we switch over to Bella's point of view, we'd get Rosalie in a different light and that's the light that I see.

so at the end, well. Everyone should be pretty thankful for Rosalie. except Bella, because she was already thankful. I am sure Edward is thankful too, and the cullens. and Jacob.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

uhhh excuse me? that wasn't what i said at all.

jacob didn't "paint" her any different way except for the way she was acting. her actions, as described by jacob, are still her actions. his thoughts and feelings about them are his, but the actions and words are hers.

yes, malaz, you are absolutely right. after all the snotty bitchiness and abuse they all suffered at rosalie's hands OF COURSE they should just forget that and be grateful because it, BY CHANCE and by edward, worked out in the end. why didn't i think of that?

metro_girl0
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by metro_girl0 »

Okay, wooh, I need a moment to put my opinion into words.

Okay, now I'm ready, lolz.

I think while Rosalie is very misunderstood, I think she understands that what she says does hurt people and hurt their feelings. I always pity Rosalie because she is very misunderstood, but at times I just feel like punching her, because she can be very, very mean. I understand that she does....er...did have a very stressful and messed up like. That she was used and hurt like no one should be, but that doesnt mean that you should take it out on everyone. She has people who love her now, she has EMMETT!!!!!!!
I think she says what she says because she wants to have someone hurt as bad as she was hurt, and while that isn't right, there really isnt anything you can do about it you know?
I think that having Emmett as a husband really boosts up her personality, because he sort of mellows her out I think. But this is just me.
I also thing that Rosalie is one of those people you love to hate, because she is extremely pretty, and has a great husband. And that she has the life most people would die to have. (Get the dumb joke? lolz)
So that's basically my opinion, all in all she is an okay person, somewhat mean and rude, but misunderstood. She is a great person when she wants to be.

Allie
Image Image Image
E<3B Team E!
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

i think that there are two types of people in this world. we all experience pain and we all have challenges. there are those of us who are strong enough to overcome those challenges and strive to better ourselves and to be good people, and then there are those of us who refuse to leave the past behind, who take our pain out on others, who use our pain as an excuse to not have to let go. you decide which rose is.

Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

I think that there are more than two types of people, but the way Rose handles her past is, indeed, different than most. I do not like Rose all ALL, but I do appreciate the wisdom that she offered Bella in Eclipse.
ColormeBSG