Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

agreed. in eclipse i grew to really really like rose.

well, obviously there are more than two types of people, i was using the phrase for discussion's sake.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
metro_girl0
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by metro_girl0 »

I completely agree with what you said about the two different types of people. Sometimes for some people it is just easier for you to live with your pain, and make others painful, and for others the best thing for them to feel better about everything is for them to instantly put it behind them.
But then again I think there are another type of people too. The people who are living with the pain everyday but instead of hurting others to make them feel better about themselves. Tehy live with the pain like an empty shell trying to make others believe that their fine that everything is okay. But all in all, they are hurting more than anything.
Do you think that is true? I do. I tried to make what I was saying non-confusing. I realize that's technically not a word but I like the way it sounds.

Allie
Image Image Image
E<3B Team E!
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:uhhh excuse me? that wasn't what i said at all.

jacob didn't "paint" her any different way except for the way she was acting. her actions, as described by jacob, are still her actions. his thoughts and feelings about them are his, but the actions and words are hers.

yes, malaz, you are absolutely right. after all the snotty bitchiness and abuse they all suffered at rosalie's hands OF COURSE they should just forget that and be grateful because it, BY CHANCE and by edward, worked out in the end. why didn't i think of that?
well, i wasn't refering to you. I was just discussing without referencing to anyone's post that Jacob mirrored her that way.

Well, jacob is biased. like i said, bella HERSELF saw Rosalie under a different light. so she's biased as well. I don't really know what to say tothis particular discussion anymore, not untill SM says something about it or she writes book 2 from Rose's pov which is quite unlikely.

wait, haha. are you being sarcastic or are you serious? I can't tell.
she didn't abuse them. she was rude, that was all. but i think you're overstating things.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

you quoted ME, malaz.

ok, so you're saying that jacob only said all the things that rosalie said because he was biased? that she actually said them sweetly and lovingly? or that rosalie was only concerned for the baby - that come from jake's bias too? that jake was so biased that he only thought that edward confirmed that from rosalie's thoughts? oh or did the bias cause him to think she didn't really treat everyone like crap? really, what misconceptions came from "bias'?

yes, malaz, that was sarcasm. it was dripping with it. and rosalie's rudeness classifies as verbal abuse.

Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:you quoted ME, malaz.

ok, so you're saying that jacob only said all the things that rosalie said because he was biased? that she actually said them sweetly and lovingly? or that rosalie was only concerned for the baby - that come from jake's bias too? that jake was so biased that he only thought that edward confirmed that from rosalie's thoughts? oh or did the bias cause him to think she didn't really treat everyone like crap? really, what misconceptions came from "bias'?

yes, malaz, that was sarcasm. it was dripping with it. and rosalie's rudeness classifies as verbal abuse.
not persicely. I meant to quote annabelle, and annabelle quoted you. so it's my mistake. i didn't realize I had to delete your quote. sorry sorry. and TRUST ME. i didn't do it intentionally.

No, jacob said it because he has A COMPLETELY different view on Rosalie. if we got into jacob's head in lets say eclipse, and i am pretty sure there were LOTS of hating going on with edward and i am sure he had absurd thoughts. so if we read that from his point of view. is he right? hell no.
with Rosalie. yeah yeah, she wanted the baby. she was possesive of bella. He saw her as a baby-obsessed freak, a selfish narasistic bloodsucker who didn't give a damn about bella's life and is helping with the monsters spawn.
Now, lets get in Bella's head. What would she be thinking of Rosalie? bella would be thankful of rose, and thinks she's really nice for helping her out with this when no one else can, etc. right?
The bottom line, jacob's biased view of Rose isn't correct. and bella is biased as well. Because, we read from jacob's pov. and it's the ONLY point of view we got the story from. it's not the complete story with every thought and background, in this case, we'd need Rose's point of view or at the very least SM tell us what Rose was thinking. it's not point black Rose didn't care about bella. it's according to Jacob Rose didn't care about bella. and am not buying it.

it's hard to tell.
"verbal abuse" are kidding me? then what do you call Jacob rudeness? oh nothing at all, just fleshing out some anger, but that's fine, really. i think you YOURSELF are very biased.

and i think you're overstating stuff. Rosalie wasn't verbally abusing anyone and neither was Jacob. they were both VERY rude.
verbal abuse is LITTERLY abuse but in a langauge form. and it's intentional and said to make someone feel low about them selfs, lower their self-esteem, damage their emotional well being and their physical state. and the abuser themselves usually feel low about themselves and have no regard to themselves in the first place, and that's what [usually] triggers their abuse, they want the abusee to feel the same thing they're feeling. So, does that sound familiar? i don't think so.
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

Malaz, you still haven't acknowleged that Edward verified every conclusion that Jacob made about Rosalie, unbiased or not. Edward has unlimited acess into Rosalie's thoughts and unspoken intentions.
ColormeBSG
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

right. she can't separate jacob's bias from the actual events that occur. like i said, when jacob says "rosalie snapped about blahblahblah" that's not his bias, that's what she did. when he then calls her "psycho" or something, that IS his bias.

jacob's rudeness was rude, but it was also warranted. her rudeness was for no real purpose.

Lioness Rampant

it is definitely something to be accounted for that Jake could use, say, an adverb that is biased and sanctimonious.
Like, the way Rose touches Bella, Jake says ispossessive. He could very well be misinterpreting her demeanor- maybe the way Emmett sees it is protective or apprehensive... But the fact that Rose is completeing the action is not something that Jake could misinterpret.

and once again, Malaz, you havent' taken into account that that Edward verified every conclusion that Jacob made about Rosalie, unbiased or not.
You may say that Edward is biased, but he is also smart. He has an added advantage. He has unlimited acess into Rosalie's thoughts and unspoken intentions.
ColormeBSG
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

He wanted to kill the baby! So I guess Rosalie had a purpose. And Jacob is a werewolf, so he's a vampire's natural enemy. Of course Rose wouldn't like him. The rest of the Cullens don't love to have Jake around either, they're just not rude about it.

And have you ever told a story? If you have then you know that you tell from your POV, so it may seem to you that something happened of a way and another person may have seen it from a total different way, so every POV is biased in a certain way. Jacob doesn't like Rose so of course he wouldn't say that things she does are beautiful and right. You know that when you don't like someone you always make her seem mean or something.

OT: You know, that's one of the reasons why I hate books in the 1st person. The book would be better if it was in 3rd person. We'd see things much more clearly.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
Lioness Rampant

I agree that all POVs are biased in some way, whatever- but Edward can HEAR ROSE'S THOUGHTS!

and I think that 1st person adds a certian- personality to the story. the one-way narration in Twilight is neccesary, I think, and thats what makes Midnight Sun so different.
ColormeBSG