Click for Forum Rules
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by cascsiany »

Rosalie is super lucky in one way... she got Emmett :(
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
Lioness Rampant

Post by Lioness Rampant »

I love Emmett! <33
ColormeBSG
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

i have no idea who to reply to particularlly, so i'll just post my view on what you guys were talking about.

Yes, Rosalie is vain and selfish. But why would she hold anything against Edward for falling inlove? i understand that, well, at first, she was like "why bella?" and she disliked her for personal selfish reasons. But "miscalcuations" proves otherwise.
it took place in new moon, and i agree with holdingoutforjacob, she underestimated Edward's love for bella at the beginning. i don't think she does anymore. But when she "thought" bella died, she "mourned" for her because she made Edward happy. There's nothing to "forgive" and nothing to "not forgive". Edward fell inlove. Believe it or not, Rosalie loves Edward.
"I searched my mind for some grief for Bella, and I was pleased to find that I did mourn for the girl. A little. This much, at least; she'd made Edward happy in a way I'd never seen him before. Of coarse, she'd also made him more miserable than anything else in his century of life. But i would miss the peace she'd given him for those few short months. I could truly regret her loss"

and Emmett.is.mine. Whose Rosalie?
I am very jealous of her. I'd imagine she'd love that :lol:
kimmyBEE
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kimmyBEE »

This is the longest thread. Like malaz I don't know exactly what I'm replying to. ^_^

In general, I think Rosalie is pretty awesome and she's definitely one of my favorite characters. In my opinion she's very well written. Some characters in the series take a while to grow, but I think Rosalie's ideals have been there from the start. It seems like it'd be harder to write a character like that. So that's why she's cool. Plus I love how she's such a big part of her relationship with Emmett.

I don't know if this has been addressed already, but have any of you seen the Twilight outtakes on SM's site? There was one point in one of those where Rose was a lot nicer. How do you think the series would have been different if that was true?
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Bag Carrier
Lioness Rampant

Malaz, to reply to your question "But whay would she hold anythin against Edward for falling in love?"- Rose doesn't hate Edward because he fell in love, she's jealous!
She's just jealous because he never wanted anyone, even her! until Bella- Rose couldn't understand what Bella had that attracted Edward. Not that Rose wanted Edward, but men always wanted Rose. Why was he the exception?
Thats understandable, since she loved being wanted, admired...
ColormeBSG
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

um, yeah. that was at the beginning though. she doesn't feel that anymore!
and EVEN when at first she felt that, i don't think she was like "ugh, i hate edward. i will never ever forgive him", i think it was more along the lines of "what a weird boy...." I'll have to read through midnight sun (i am rereading it now) and i'll find out what she says to him when he read her thoughts...during some..part of the book.
Lioness Rampant

like the part in eclipse where Rose says "No, Bella, it doesn't bother me anymore. Edward has always been little strange"
??
pg 165
ColormeBSG
annabelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by annabelle »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:i didn't say to just accept it, and i certainly did not say that you should just accept everyone else's opinion. but it's also ridiculous to say that you hate that she was written a certain way. the way she's written is how she is. if you're interpreting that differently than someone else, THAT is what we're here to discuss. not how she was written wrong.
with every good thing there's a flaw, and that's rosalie character. and just because one person wrote her a certain way doesn't mean that's how she is, period. we don't know everything about her, so we can infer to try and figure her character out so everyone sees her differently. but when you're hit with an almost completely character change in BD, it's even harder to figure her out.

that's why i didn't like how she was written, because when i tried to figure out who she is, everything sort of went against who she was in the previous books because some of her actions weren't parallel.

she wasn't written wrong, per se, she was written in a way that it just seemed she was different than who she was made to be. she was built up to be this misunderstood pretty girl, and while an author holds the power to change characters to their liking, it seemed like we were all hit in the face with who she became in BD. it was like everything that was built for her was for nothing, because in the end, she ended up being obsessed with bella's baby. yeah, she couldn't have a child so of course she'll love it and cherish it, but she became completely obsessed with it and didn't care for bella's safety anymore as long as the baby was safe, making her seem like a kidnapper.

^that's what i got from rosalie, and that's why her character started to change for me. it's not wrong to have written her that way, it just didn't seem right because it was her anymore.
Rosalie’s been through a lot: losing her heartbeat, losing her faith in mankind, losing herself... but then she met Emmett and fell for him—the boy who gave her back her life.
fanfic: Blame The Beauty
annabelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by annabelle »

malaz wrote:i have no idea who to reply to particularlly, so i'll just post my view on what you guys were talking about.

Yes, Rosalie is vain and selfish. But why would she hold anything against Edward for falling inlove? i understand that, well, at first, she was like "why bella?" and she disliked her for personal selfish reasons. But "miscalcuations" proves otherwise.
it took place in new moon, and i agree with holdingoutforjacob, she underestimated Edward's love for bella at the beginning. i don't think she does anymore. But when she "thought" bella died, she "mourned" for her because she made Edward happy. There's nothing to "forgive" and nothing to "not forgive". Edward fell inlove. Believe it or not, Rosalie loves Edward.
"I searched my mind for some grief for Bella, and I was pleased to find that I did mourn for the girl. A little. This much, at least; she'd made Edward happy in a way I'd never seen him before. Of coarse, she'd also made him more miserable than anything else in his century of life. But i would miss the peace she'd given him for those few short months. I could truly regret her loss"

and Emmett.is.mine. Whose Rosalie?
I am very jealous of her. I'd imagine she'd love that :lol:
i think rosalie is in love with edward too, but that doesn't mean she'd act out on it if given the chance. edward never really gave her the time of day and she is ~the most beautiful person in the world~ yet he looks at bella every moment. i think she's used to people looking at her so she gets jealous and wants edward to find her attractive, even though she's with emmett.

i don't know, that's what i conclude so far
Rosalie’s been through a lot: losing her heartbeat, losing her faith in mankind, losing herself... but then she met Emmett and fell for him—the boy who gave her back her life.
fanfic: Blame The Beauty
velvet_voice
Learning to Love Green

Post by velvet_voice »

I don't think Rosalie is in love with Edward. She is just used to be the most beautiful woman to everyone in the world so when Edward fall in love with Bella, for him Bella is the most beautiful... and Rosalie can't exept this. She is jealous of Bella being more beautiful to Edward than she is to him, she isn't jelous because she loves him.
"Alice!" Jasper's voice whipped, and then he was right behind her, his hands curling over hers.
She turned her face away from me, into his chest.

E<3B