Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Post by Amethyst1 »

I can see Edward as a doctor or a composer/pianst like someone mentioned.

orrr how bout doctor/composer. doctor by day, composer by night? haha
cullen_kissez
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullen_kissez »

I think given the chance, Edward would've been a doctor like Carlisle.. after all, he's been to medical school, what - twice?
The composing thing is good too - bet he had nothing on Mozart or Beethoven .. :D

Question: Can someone explain to me the relevance of freesias in the stories? I figured as much that was how Bella's blood - probably her own potent scent - smelled to him, am I wrong? Or is there more to it?
.:: why try and fit in when I was born to stand out? ::.

..and then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.
E<3B
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

I'm [finally] rereading Twilight and I love picking up on things I didn't remember or understand the first time. Like on p.141 paperback it says "I opened the window -- surprised when it opened silently, without sticking, not having opened it in who knows how many years -- and sucked in the relatively dry air." I remember thinking what is the significance there? I thought it was a bit odd for SM to make note of that. But of course it's because Edward was sneaking into Bella's room at night. I forgot how early that started. *sigh*....who would have thought an obsessed vampire stalker would make me swoon?
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

twilight1909 wrote:I'm [finally] rereading Twilight and I love picking up on things I didn't remember or understand the first time. Like on p.141 paperback it says "I opened the window -- surprised when it opened silently, without sticking, not having opened it in who knows how many years -- and sucked in the relatively dry air." I remember thinking what is the significance there? I thought it was a bit odd for SM to make note of that. But of course it's because Edward was sneaking into Bella's room at night. I forgot how early that started. *sigh*....who would have thought an obsessed vampire stalker would make me swoon?
ITA! There is defintly something very sexy about it! :D
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

twilight1909 wrote:I'm [finally] rereading Twilight and I love picking up on things I didn't remember or understand the first time. Like on p.141 paperback it says "I opened the window -- surprised when it opened silently, without sticking, not having opened it in who knows how many years -- and sucked in the relatively dry air." I remember thinking what is the significance there? I thought it was a bit odd for SM to make note of that. But of course it's because Edward was sneaking into Bella's room at night. I forgot how early that started. *sigh*....who would have thought an obsessed vampire stalker would make me swoon?
It's not only you. The four books are full sensuality. It's amazing the contrast of the chastity of Bella and Edward's relationship before the wedding. Because it is very sexy without having a single sex scene in the whole series. It's all about scents and glances.

When I read Twilight for the first time, the idea I had it was the protagonists were dancing around each other very closely, and as the song evoluted, they were getting closer until the climax of the fourth book. It's really fascinating.
E&BForever

Post by E&BForever »

Lunna-san wrote:
It's not only you. The four books are full sensuality. It's amazing the contrast of the chastity of Bella and Edward's relationship before the wedding. Because it is very sexy without having a single sex scene in the whole series. It's all about scents and glances.

When I read Twilight for the first time, the idea I had it was the protagonists were dancing around each other very closely, and as the song evoluted, they were getting closer until the climax of the fourth book. It's really fascinating.
LOOOOVE IT!!! :D
Chantell
Team Edward for life!
lulz1316
Settled in Forks

Post by lulz1316 »

*tries to avoid people's toes*
I'm not as fond of Edward as everyone else is. He seems very controlling and I know it's for her own good but it's just a little to restrictive for my taste. Also I think coming in her window and watching her sleep is creepy.
So now that you know how I feel, I ask everyone else imagine if Edward was ugly. I'll use Book Eric as an example since he was described as a greasy chess nerd. If Book Eric and Edward switched appearances and species ("Vampire" and human) would you still like Edward? :)
However, it is not acceptable to say or imply that someone else's opinion is wrong. It's their opinion. If someone disagrees with you, you don't have to continue to argue with them. -Bronze Haired Girl in topic Edward Cullen #3

Is this still in effect?
kimmyBEE
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kimmyBEE »

This kind of goes with ^ the above question.

I was watching this interview on youtube and Rob asked some fans a really good question. "WHY do you love Edward [so much]?"

I don't know if this has been discussed before since I'm new to this board, so sorry if it has! But I think it'd be interesting to hear different opinions. Edward is so gorgeous that's it's easy to turn into a complete fan girl whenever someone mentions his name/anything related to him. But what is it about Edward that makes you *swoon*, other than the fact that's he's so beautiful? From watching the interview I think it's clear that Robert Pattinson doesn't fully understand why everyone is so in love with Edward! Though I fall into the swooning with so many of the fans, I also completely understand where Rob's coming from. When I considered this I was able to come up with some substantial reason for why I love Edward. I'll share them in a later post if this topic hasn't bee discussed already.

Hope to hear your thoughts!
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Bag Carrier
E&BForever

Post by E&BForever »

kimmyBEE wrote:This kind of goes with ^ the above question.

I was watching this interview on youtube and Rob asked some fans a really good question. "WHY do you love Edward [so much]?"

I don't know if this has been discussed before since I'm new to this board, so sorry if it has! But I think it'd be interesting to hear different opinions. Edward is so gorgeous that's it's easy to turn into a complete fan girl whenever someone mentions his name/anything related to him. But what is it about Edward that makes you *swoon*, other than the fact that's he's so beautiful? From watching the interview I think it's clear that Robert Pattinson doesn't fully understand why everyone is so in love with Edward! Though I fall into the swooning with so many of the fans, I also completely understand where Rob's coming from. When I considered this I was able to come up with some substantial reason for why I love Edward. I'll share them in a later post if this topic hasn't bee discussed already.

Hope to hear your thoughts!
I think it's different things for everyone. Like you can also ask, why do some books/movies become so popular and have a cult following?
Chantell
Team Edward for life!
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

lulz1316 wrote:*tries to avoid people's toes*
I'm not as fond of Edward as everyone else is. He seems very controlling and I know it's for her own good but it's just a little to restrictive for my taste. Also I think coming in her window and watching her sleep is creepy.
So now that you know how I feel, I ask everyone else imagine if Edward was ugly. I'll use Book Eric as an example since he was described as a greasy chess nerd. If Book Eric and Edward switched appearances and species ("Vampire" and human) would you still like Edward? :)
I think that part of the reason Edward gets away with his outbursts of overly controlling behavior IS because he's a vampire. He does have advantages in knowing what's up that human boys don't. That said, I don't think that excuses them. But it does make them forgivable. I think the extreme circumstances they are in play a part as well.

If these same traits were shown in a human boy in a book, i think people would have a MUCH more negative reaction. The whole 'vampire" thing isn't that big of a draw to me, so i tend to make my decisions without that bias, and i'm not a huge fan of that part of him either.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...