Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
s-morgan
Settled in Forks

Re: Leah Clearwater

Post by s-morgan »

Christine wrote:I like Leah :D She's an interesting character she seems like someone you would get a long with easily :] It's funny when Jacob and Leah bicker too. They bring out the best in each other xD
Agreed! why couldnt JAcob fall inlove with her and not Bella, they would be better suited and I dont think Leah would hurt Jacob like Bella does! :write:
♥ ♡ Edward ♡ ♥ (Vote Team Edward!) TwiLIKE.co.uk
suzzeeQ
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by suzzeeQ »

I was looking at the Twilight Saga Guide again and I noticed that Seth and Leah are the only wolves who have genes from the Black line, the Ateara line, and the Uley line. I was wondering how that could factor in why Leah began to phase.
Violet Sunlight

Post by Violet Sunlight »

Hello SuzzeeQ, :wave:

I noticed Leah’s 3 genes in the Guide too. It’s funny, I mentioned the same thing in the Explorations thread on 12/31/11. The subject of imprinting; imprinting pull to imprintees and vice versa and; Leah came up and this is what I said:
I have a theory about why Leah phased. I noticed that she is the only female in the geneology chart, in the guide, with 3 wolf genes. That is one of the reasons, I hope/wish that since magic got her monthly cycle to stop, maybe magic could get her monthly cycle started again. That is why I hope/wish that she does imprint on Jacob's & Renesmee's potential-future-son. Maybe the son could imprint on Leah and maybe Leah can imprint on him and the double imprint can correct her pause on her monthly cycle and she can bear a child or even children. Then maybe the imprinting power would not be oppose to the match. Leah would be bringing her 3 wolf genes and Jacob's & Renesmee's potential-future-son would be bringing 2 wolf genes & venom into the mix, hence, a powerful wolf. But, maybe this is too much wishful thinking.

I also, have another theory, looking at the genealogy chart in the guide, I think/guess that if Paul and Rachel have a daughter, she too will be another female wolf, if of course, she is in the proximity of vampires when she is young like Leah.

To Songbird ~ I was thinking a lot about when you said something like, Sue does not have a pull to Jacob and vice versa. My ponderings started and I thought about how Charlie and Harry were best-friends. So there is a Swan and Clearwater pull in this relationship. Hence, there could be a pull in Jacob’s & Renesmee’s potential-future-son and Leah. And of course, if Jacob & Renesmee have a daughter there would be a potential pull for the daughter and Seth to imprint on each other as well. And I thought it would be cute if one of Renesmee’s potential pregnancy(s) would be twins preferably boy and girl. So it could work out for Leah and even Seth. Though, female twins run in Jacob’s family, not boy and girl twins. But, Renesmee is not the average human female maybe there could be an exception. In any event, these are just my personal wishful theories.
I also, recently thought of another angle of why Leah has not imprinted or has been imprinted upon. Since, she already has the 3 genes, maybe the imprinting magic is looking to upgrade, to acquire the Alpha gene. And if my theory would come into play, she certainly would be acquiring that with Jacob's and Renesmee's potential-future-son.

I do realize that Jacob is not the only Alpha, so one of Sam's potential descendants would also have the Alpha gene. But, Jacob's and Renesmee's potential son would have venom to bring into the equation. Though, sometimes I am not sure if venom is an asset or a liablity for the imprinting magic, since, Renesmee is the first vampire hybrid to be imprinted on in the Twilight Universe hence,I have nothing to compare it with.

But, these are just my speculations. Who knows what is in store for Leah's happily ever after?
suzzeeQ

Post by suzzeeQ »

I really hope Leah doesn't imprint, especially on Jacob/Resume offspring. Not after she was burned so badly by imprinting before. I know she wanted to in BD but I think after being away from Sam for awhile and finally being able to get over him properly she'll realize she doesn't need an imprint. She'll move on with her life and find happiness without imprinting. I really want her to fall in love (again).
Violet Sunlight

I too want Leah to fall in love again and I also hope she will be able to be a mother someday. I mean, if she is able to turn off the wolf, hence the imprinting magic (I hope), then great, she can pursue and be in a relationship the old fashion way. But, if she is not able to turn off the wolf, I don’t see her wanting to get into a relationship with anyone. She would be risking that the other person would suffer a similar experience to her.

However, if Leah was a regular female, then I too would agree that she would not need an imprint to move on and have a happily ever after. Unfortunately for Leah, she needs to either work at turning off the wolf in her or, work at being content as a wolf until she imprints and/or gets imprinted upon to be in a relationship again.
suzzeeQ

Post by suzzeeQ »

I'm still going to hold onto the hope that Leah will be able to live a normal life, fall in love (without imprinting), and have children if she wants. I hate to think her entire life is dictated by forces outside of her control. If Bella can have it all, why can't Leah?

I made another observation with the family trees. From what information was available, Jacob, Seth, and Leah are the only wolves to get genes from both parents.
Violet Sunlight

Sorry, it took so long to respond.

suzzeeQ wrote:I'm still going to hold onto the hope that Leah will be able to live a normal life, fall in love (without imprinting), and have children if she wants. I hate to think her entire life is dictated by forces outside of her control. If Bella can have it all, why can't Leah?

Yes, but Bella did not have a normal relationship. Bella had a supernatural relationship with a vampire and started a family with her beloved vampire/soul-mate too and it worked out well for her. Why not Leah? I mean, Bella compares her relationship with Edward to imprinting, she says something like she never had a choice. A supernatural relationship can’t be all that bad. But, maybe SM would choose not to do a supernatural relationship for Leah since, she has already done so many supernatural relationships in the story. Who knows? But, it is fun to speculate.
suzzeeQ wrote:I made another observation with the family trees. From what information was available, Jacob, Seth, and Leah are the only wolves to get genes from both parents.
Jacob’s sisters also have the same genes Jacob has. But, we don’t know if the other girls that were imprinted upon carry a wolf-gene(s) or not. Their names, in the genealogy chart, are just blank. That could mean either the gene(s) were not mentioned or they don’t have any. I like to think their gene(s) were just not mentioned. But, who knows?

suzzeeQ wrote:I really hope Leah doesn't imprint, especially on Jacob/Resume offspring.
PS :lol: I forgot to mention, I thought this was hilarious. I never thought of Renesmee’s name being similar to Resume. It completely passed right over my head. So funny. :lol:
Naterpie
Settled in Forks

Post by Naterpie »

I always liked the depth of Leah's character. She didn't always have the nicest personality... but I think that it was a welcome refreshing break from all of the 'in love' characters, and my favourite time for her was when she and Jacob really got close because of their shared experiences of all the love flying around. I always hoped that from the similar bitterness they'd hook up together and find peace. But it was not meant to be....
"My hallucinatory Edwards were usually better fed...."
Alpha Amber
Settled in Forks

Post by Alpha Amber »

I'd have to disagree; I don't think that Leah had a bad or mean personality. I think she was just smarting from the heartbreak and having to be around Sam and his thoughts all the time, and it made her act out. One of the many reasons why BD is my favorite book, is the chance to get a look at Leah's mind and see where she's coming from. I thought it was about time that we got a character with some REAl issues, no offense to the other characters :)
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

We also learn in the Guide that she already felt incredibly trapped by her heritage and guilty because her transformation was the cause of her father's death. Can you imagine how conflicted she had to be?