Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
sparklyvampiresXD
Settled in Forks

Re: Bree

Post by sparklyvampiresXD »

I really liked Bree, but I think her dying was essential to revealing more about the Volturi's personality.

I wonder if she had a power?

RoseHugs.
Image Image Image
I'll keep you my dirty little secret
Edward et Bella. Toujours.
ed4ev
Wandering Through Town

Post by ed4ev »

emmett_<3 wrote:I hope not. Bree's such a small character, it would'nt be worth it when she could write a book from Renesmee's or Leah's instead.
i heard that the only POV shes doing is from edwards, either way,i think any other person would be...boring, no one else had as much interaction ans bella and edward did

Do I dazzle you?
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

I understand that SM's not doing it from anyone elses POV, that we know of. But how can you honestly say anyone elses would be boring? Are you THAT pro- Edward/Bella? That you would find anyone elses story...BORING? Wow.
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS
gripps
Settled in Forks

Post by gripps »

Yeah, I'll admit, there are a lot of other stories I'd rather see (Jacob and Renesmee, more on Jasper's beginnings, the rise of the Volturi, etc.), but a story about Bree from just before she was changed through her death would be pretty interesting. Maybe included in a compilation of short stories. There are so many characters that, as SM said about Edward regarding Midnight Sun, deserve to have their stories told.
Jazz<3Jasper
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Jazz<3Jasper »

gripps wrote:Yeah, I'll admit, there are a lot of other stories I'd rather see (Jacob and Renesmee, more on Jasper's beginnings, the rise of the Volturi, etc.), but a story about Bree from just before she was changed through her death would be pretty interesting. Maybe included in a compilation of short stories. There are so many characters that, as SM said about Edward regarding Midnight Sun, deserve to have their stories told.
Hmmm.... but she cant have enough time to write a book for all of them, although we would all love it, she cant be expected to do that.
"No problem. You want me to be all doom and gloom, or just shut up?"
"Just shut up."
"Can do."
"Really? Doesn't seem like it."
-Jake and Seth
<333333333
Team Jasper, he can snap at me anyday.
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

i liked Bree, but we barely got to know her! it was pretty sad when the Volturi killed her. i don't know, it seemed like she was kinof a pointless character because she's there for two pages, then she dies! yeah, Bella got to see what newborns are like, but....hmm, i don't know :?
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I think that Bree was mostly a writer's tool...a very interesting one though. I saw an interview with SM where she said she was shocked that people were coming up to her and saying they wanted to be vampires and Edward should just bite Bella. SM took the whole vampire thing very seriously and didn't feel it was something to be desired, according to her interview. So I think Bree was her way of showing the bad side of vampirism, a way to make Bella hesitate in her decision and also to make readers question it as well.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

Destani wrote:I think that Bree was mostly a writer's tool...a very interesting one though. I saw an interview with SM where she said she was shocked that people were coming up to her and saying they wanted to be vampires and Edward should just bite Bella. SM took the whole vampire thing very seriously and didn't feel it was something to be desired, according to her interview. So I think Bree was her way of showing the bad side of vampirism, a way to make Bella hesitate in her decision and also to make readers question it as well.
yeah, that's what i thought too.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

It upset me a bit when the Volturi killed her.
The fact she surrended shows that she had some good in her so she would ahve been nice to have in the Cullen family and i think she would have helped Bella settle in more as well!
Saying that thought, she wasn't a huge charcacter!

xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Destani wrote:I think that Bree was mostly a writer's tool...a very interesting one though. I saw an interview with SM where she said she was shocked that people were coming up to her and saying they wanted to be vampires and Edward should just bite Bella. SM took the whole vampire thing very seriously and didn't feel it was something to be desired, according to her interview. So I think Bree was her way of showing the bad side of vampirism, a way to make Bella hesitate in her decision and also to make readers question it as well.
Bree was interesting, but I dislike how SMeyer always kills off "unimportant" side characters. It would have been just as effective to have Bree show the wild, bad side of newborn life without having to kill off Bree, like she's just a paper towel: use once, throw away.

Characters don't really work that way... except to SMeyer. Irina, Bree, Laurent, Riley... side characters that are hardly elaborated on, but perfectly fine to kill— whereas, when there are main characters that could be killed to show the other side, the sacrifices you have to make for 'happily ever after', it's passed up.

Anyway, it seemed like a weird way to drag out the plot by throwing paper-towel-Bree in there, because Bella ended up *not* having problems with her newborn year. It would have been so much more effective to actually give Bella a *challenge*.

>.> Ah, well.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj