Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Mike Newton

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i think it's funny that we all view mike as boring and plain and un-special when really he was like, the hottest boy in school.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:i think it's funny that we all view mike as boring and plain and un-special when really he was like, the hottest boy in school.
haha, you're right.
i think that's exactly why i am not too fond of him though. he's your typical highschool popular jock. ugh, such an unattractive persona.
vampsaremylovers130
Settled in Forks

Post by vampsaremylovers130 »

we ALL were like mike at 1 time in life but live and learn he didn't do that. i like mike pick up trys in the moive,they are funny.
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:i think it's funny that we all view mike as boring and plain and un-special when really he was like, the hottest boy in school.
Well, I got that he was supposed to be popular and hot and everything that most girls would gush over in high school. But when I was in high school, those types of guys were boring to me. I preferred the outcasts and such. Hot, popular guys just never showed much depth or personality to me (not saying they didn't have depth, just that they never showed it).
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

well i like to hang out with popular guys, because they ARE funny and fun, but i don't like to date them. they are scary and unsafe. i've always gone for "one level down" so to speak. or up, depending on how you look at it.

i think mike was more likable in the movie, he seemed a lot more realistic.

annabelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by annabelle »

Mike had great one-liners in the movie. But Jessica had to take the cake, especially the actress, she was probably the only redeeming one I saw, and I saw her as Bella more than KStew really.

Anyway, Mike is the epitome of a horny teenage boy. Wanting Bella, but liking Jessica, great at sports, smart, helpful, your golden boy. He watched out for Bella and looked out for her while Bella just ignored him and always turned to Edward. I'm surprised Mike lasted that long wanting her. To be honest, Mike's too good for Bella.
Rosalie’s been through a lot: losing her heartbeat, losing her faith in mankind, losing herself... but then she met Emmett and fell for him—the boy who gave her back her life.
fanfic: Blame The Beauty
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

that's funny. i guess that he is really popular, but not the cutest boy at forks, that would be the cullens.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

well yes i meant besides them. besides, they certainly are not the most popular.

Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:well yes i meant besides them. besides, they certainly are not the most popular.
well popularity is defined by how many friends you have? and then the clothes and money come next, or sometimes not at all.

I think they could have been popular. Mike proberly had the hots for Rose but Emmett scared him off or something. i think i am imagining this, not...sure. but i think it was mentioned in MS. hmmm?
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

well i was taking popularity in the context that you have a ton of friends and get invited to parties and such - you know, the movie context.