Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Emmett+Me=Magic!!!
Settled in Forks

Re: Renesmee

Post by Emmett+Me=Magic!!! »

I love Renesmee. I love how she has an affect on everyone, I'm just so glad she can live forever with her parents and Jacob. If you think about it she even had an affect on us. She was introduced so late in the series and by the end she became almost half of it.
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Babygirl67 »

she seems like a cute baby :)
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

malaz wrote:Renesmee is immortal like Nahuel and his sisters. She will live forever. Jacob is immortal as well - he will only age again if he stops phasing into a wolf, if not, he can be with renesmee forever as well. which is kind of sad, considering his pack will eventually stop aging and then dying and he'll be left by himself, and his father dying (although the same can be said for charlie and renee....) - unless a new pack forms. . .
Malaz, I've thinking about what you posted and what makes you believe that Nessie is immortal? I don't believe that Jacob is immortal. Yes, he will not age as long as he changing but does not make him immortal. I mean how long is that? A week, a month or a year? If that was the case then why is there no wolves from the last time they were needed ?

As far as we know Renesmee might not be immortal, she is after all half human. The aging process will slow down considerably once she reaches maturity but her life span could be just several thousand years.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Kachiti wrote:Malaz, I've thinking about what you posted and what makes you believe that Nessie is immortal? I don't believe that Jacob is immortal. Yes, he will not age as long as he changing but does not make him immortal. I mean how long is that? A week, a month or a year? If that was the case then why is there no wolves from the last time they were needed ?

As far as we know Renesmee might not be immortal, she is after all half human. The aging process will slow down considerably once she reaches maturity but her life span could be just several thousand years.
An interesting thought, Kachiti. I suppose, in looking for the happiest ending, we all assume that both Nessie and Jacob will live forever in the absence of any definitive answer either way. With Jacob, it isn't that much of a leap. The aging process stops as long as he keeps phasing. It doesn't slow, it stops. So, as long as he keeps phasing, he stops aging. He can live as long as he wants.
As to why there aren't any pack members left from previous packs, they sort of address that in NM and Eclipse. As I understood it, Taha Aki intended to stop phasing and die with the the third wife. But, after she sacrificed herself, he phased for good and disappeared into the woods. But, the idea that he could, in fact, stop phasing and become mortal again was there. The last pack was triggered by the presence of the Cullens. Once they left, the wolves would have stopped phasing and become mortal again, until guess who showed up.
As for Renesmee, it really isn't that hard of a leap to make either. I, again, look at genetics. Her mother is mortal, her father immortal. Genetically, you have to figure she will be either one or the other. But, I suppose it is true that the combination could just end up giving her an extraordinarily long life span of a few hundred or thousand years. But, I really don't think that is the case. I think that, in this case, the immortal gene is much stronger than the human one, gifting Renesmee with immortality.
But, in the end, I think the point is whether or not Jake and Nessie could bare to be seperated. The answer, I think, is no. Either way, if one dies, just like Edward and Bella, the other will follow in short order.

PS SenorGimp, love the new siggy!!!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Jazz Girl wrote:
Kachiti wrote:Malaz, I've thinking about what you posted and what makes you believe that Nessie is immortal? I don't believe that Jacob is immortal. Yes, he will not age as long as he changing but does not make him immortal. I mean how long is that? A week, a month or a year? If that was the case then why is there no wolves from the last time they were needed ?

An interesting thought, Kachiti. I suppose, in looking for the happiest ending, we all assume that both Nessie and Jacob will live forever in the absence of any definitive answer either way. With Jacob, it isn't that much of a leap. The aging process stops as long as he keeps phasing. It doesn't slow, it stops. So, as long as he keeps phasing, he stops aging. He can live as long as he wants.
As to why there aren't any pack members left from previous packs, they sort of address that in NM and Eclipse. As I understood it, Taha Aki intended to stop phasing and die with the the third wife. But, after she sacrificed herself, he phased for good and disappeared into the woods. But, the idea that he could, in fact, stop phasing and become mortal again was there. The last pack was triggered by the presence of the Cullens. Once they left, the wolves would have stopped phasing and become mortal again, until guess who showed up.

That's my point. How long can he stay human before the aging process takes over? That alone does not make him immortal. He still has the ability to age and grow old, immortals don't.

Jazz Girl wrote:As for Renesmee, it really isn't that hard of a leap to make either. I, again, look at genetics. Her mother is mortal, her father immortal. Genetically, you have to figure she will be either one or the other. But, I suppose it is true that the combination could just end up giving her an extraordinarily long life span of a few hundred or thousand years. But, I really don't think that is the case. I think that, in this case, the immortal gene is much stronger than the human one, gifting Renesmee with immortality.

And you might be right but genetically speaking her human side would have affect on that. That's why I don't think she is immortal.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

here is a Q&A with stephenie about jacob and nessie. . .
E: Liz from Milwaukee would like to know ‘Will Jacob stay immortal with Renesme when she reaches maturity?

S: I do believe there’s some concern about that and the lovely thing about their relationship is that Nessie apparently will not age past you know, like around 18, 20. And Jacob, as long as he keeps turning into a werewolf regularly, will always be the same as well so they’re good to go.

AND

Q: Nicki wants to know, “Since Renesemee will live forever, does that mean Jacob will be immortal as well since the vampires are always going to be around?”

A: actually once the trigger of vampires being around is over, there’s a lot of fact questions coming up, just so you know, just so you can get some of these things straight. Um, Jacob can continue to be the same age that he is now as long as he turns into a werewolf every now and then which is really not very hard for him. So, luckily for them, they’re both set up for immortality, which is nice.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

malaz wrote:here is a Q&A with stephenie about jacob and nessie. . .
E: Liz from Milwaukee would like to know ‘Will Jacob stay immortal with Renesme when she reaches maturity?

S: I do believe there’s some concern about that and the lovely thing about their relationship is that Nessie apparently will not age past you know, like around 18, 20. And Jacob, as long as he keeps turning into a werewolf regularly, will always be the same as well so they’re good to go.

AND

Q: Nicki wants to know, “Since Renesemee will live forever, does that mean Jacob will be immortal as well since the vampires are always going to be around?”

A: actually once the trigger of vampires being around is over, there’s a lot of fact questions coming up, just so you know, just so you can get some of these things straight. Um, Jacob can continue to be the same age that he is now as long as he turns into a werewolf every now and then which is really not very hard for him. So, luckily for them, they’re both set up for immortality, which is nice.
Excellent find, malaz. I always felt that both of them were immortal. Good to know that has been proven by the author herself. :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

malaz wrote:here is a Q&A with stephenie about jacob and nessie. . .

AND

Well that answers that question, great job researching the answer.
topazeyes2
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by topazeyes2 »

Thanks for the great anwsers to that question I guess I never realized Jake could live as long as he wants... I forgot about the part with Nahuel in BD so thanks for reminding me... :P
Image[/img]
Bulldozer Trainee at E.D.C. Go Emmett!!!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

The story that BuffyGrl3 and I wrote is finished and posted on fanfiction.net.
here's the link if anyone wants to read it:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4820154/1/The_Delajio
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp