1. Should Bella confide in Jacob about Edward, her hallucinations, and her depression?
If Edward had never came back, it would be best for her to talk to someone and feel better, if he had really left she would have to heal.
Going with the storyline as it is though, I'm glad she didn't. It would have only made it harder for him when Edward came back.
2. Would it be settling for Bella to hook up with Jacob? Should Bella try to find happiness with Jacob even if she can only give him part of her heart?
If Edward had never come back, realistically, yes, she should have done the best she could to make him happy, and eventually she would have healed.
But he WAS coming back eventually and I wouldn't want Jake in the way, I'm very stubborn about them not being together.
3. What about Jacob? He loves Bella despite her strictly platonic feelings towards him, but should he wait out for someone who loves him as much as he loves Bella?
Hmm...I never really thought about him giving up on her. It just never seemed like something he would do. I figured he would stubbornly always be there, it would have ruined everything. He also didn't have much of a choice, he wants to be with her, he can't just stop loving her.
4. How do we factor in the fact that Bella now owes Jacob her life both physically and emotionally?
It shows that Jake could protect her and help her.
5. Is Romeo and Juliet's relationship similar to Edward and Bella's? How is it and how does it differ?
It is true love, the strongest thing possible, nothing can stop them from loving each other. Everything seems to be against them, nothing really goes right, with outside forces. They are separated from each other, and they come from different worlds that are hostile towards each other, it is very dangerous for them to love each other.
With Romeo and Juliet, it is a tragedy and they both die. With Edward and Bella, they come close to the same suicide because they are heartbroken by the other's 'death', but he DOES get the message in time and they end up together and happy.
There are so many parallels between the two stories!
6. Should Bella have chosen to investigate Carlisle's car? Is her relationship with the Cullens masochistic?
What else is she supposed to do?? If it was him, how could she NOT go see who it was?? She really has no choice, she could never live with herself if she didn't go see. I guess when she is in so much pain, the pull of them that she just HAS to go investigate really is kinda masochistic. She knows it will cause her pain, but she doesn't welcome the pain, she just deals with it to pay the price of being near them and things that remind her of them.
7. How does Bella and Jacob's relationship compare with Bella and Edward's? Which one is "healthier"?
Bella's and Jacob's isn't nearly as strong, it's more friends..Bella and Edward's is the very greatest true love. Bella's and Jake's might be 'healthier' but in the end, that's not really what matters. The strongest one that is so irrisistible(can't spell..) is the one that will always win, and that just makes the decision even better.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa