A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Preface

Post by Elisabeth33 »

1) What were your first impressions of this section?
I thought she was dreaming.

2) What did you think brought Bella to this place? Where, exactly, did you think they were?
Something in her dream brought her to where she is, which I thought could have been Phoenix, because she mentioned the bright sun.

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to?
A vampire that wasn't part of Edward's family.

4) Did you know right away that she was trying to save Edward?
Nope.

5) Be honest, did you think Bella would fall?
I never even thought about it. I tend to get into the moment during the action scenes.
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Post by Forever_Twilight »

LOL The first thing that came to mind was, "Oh my gosh! Now what did Bella do to get herself in this spot now?". I guess you could say I started guessing what was going to happen. =P

2) What did you think brought Bella to this place? Where, exactly, did you think they were?
No idea where but, it said she was going through a crowded square so it must have been outside somewhere.

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to?
Another vampire was my guess!! LOL I knew it couldn't be Edward or any of the Cullens but, yet again, I wasn't quite sure whom she was referring too. . .

Of course not! For sure I thought she had gotten herself in trouble and, once again, Edward had to save her. I was shocked to find it was the opposite way around!

Yup! =P I'm pretty clumsy myself so, yeah, I was thinking she would fall sooner or later.
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

Well I always read the preface and wonder at what point whatever it says happens. I was at first confused I knew Edward, Alice, and Bella were in danger but I didn't know why.

I thought that they had gotten into trouble with other vampires just like they did with James and Victoria.

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to?

I figured that they were other vampires waiting for them to kill them.

Yes but I didn't understand why how can Bella save Edward if he is the undestructable one.

Yes it's just her nature.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1) What were your first impressions of this section? Interest, I wanted to know what was going to happen.

2) What did you think brought Bella to this place? Where, exactly, did you think they were? I thought that they weren't in Forks b/c it was sunny, but I had no idea about anything.

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to? Vampires, what else?

4) Did you know right away that she was trying to save Edward? Pretty much, who else would she save?

5) Be honest, did you think Bella would fall? I thought she would stumble, but not fall for something crucial.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

I was kind of unsure. It brought up so many things in my mind.

I had no idea whatsoever. I was really anxious to read.

I just thought there was a vampire. Not sure what exactly would happen though.

It was pretty obvious. I immediately thought it was him.

I really didn't have a clue, but I knew there were other books so I assumed everything would be fine.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
altissimus
Settled in Forks

Post by altissimus »

I just knew I had to pay attention this time, because it would matter later.
Also, I was thinking, if it's such an important life or death situation, why is Alice hiding from the sun?

I didn't know what brought her there. In the middle of the book, I was speculating, and reasoned out that the Cullens had moved to Florida (Really. It made sense at the time.) So that's where I thought they were.

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to?
I got the impression there were multiple vampires wanting to kill them. I was just wondering how they managed to accumulate more enemies so quickly.

Yes. The way she said it was more important than her own life. That's the way Bella always thinks about Edward.

Well, earlier in Twilight, she would have fallen, but I honestly think she's gotten less clumsy (and I mean that in a bad way, that her clumsiness has been inconsistent.) She managed to run all the way the the ballet studio in Twilight without falling, so she had a fighting chance here of staying upright.
FoundMyEdward0510
Settled in Forks

Post by FoundMyEdward0510 »

My first thought was "Holy Crow, Edward is in danger and Human Bella is the only one who can save him?! Who is dangers do Alice and Bella?" It peeked my interest. I was also curious why a clock tower was mentioned. Kinda seemed off at the time.

I thought she was saving Edward. She says she wasn't running to save her life but someone who was more important. Obviously, she meant Edward. Why is Edward in danger, and why is Bella racing to save him? Shouldn't he be with her. I had no clue why he wouldn't be with her.

I thought it was a creature that was deadly to vampires that was waiting to pounce on Edward. Which terrified me.

Nothing is more important to Bella than Edward. He is more important than her existance, so of course.

No. I didn't think that because Edward's life depended on it.
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

WOW. And tha confusion. I hurriedly went into chapter one because I wantd to know what lead her to trying to save Edward's life.

Honestly, I didn;t give it much thought. I was prepared to not know and just read New Moon and find out.

I thought that it was some kind og creauter, most likely a vampire, but again, I didn't give it much more thought.

Yes. Who would be more important to Bella?

I hoped she would. I knew SM couldn't kill off Edward, but I was scared that he was going to get hurt.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-i was so nervous ! i was like oh nooo theyre in trouble..again haha.

-i thought edward was the reason bella was wherever she was, but i had no idea where that would be.

-some other bad vampire.

-yup, theres no one else who is that important to her, and she also was with alice, so it couldnt of been like charlie or something.

-i hoped not !
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
alice_is_my_homegirl

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

It made me wonder what he heck was going on.

I did not know what brought her there. I thought it was Seattle or somewhere.

Victoria

No, I thought it had to do with something about Victoria.

Seriously, when doesn't she?
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!