Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
you.are.my.heroin
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 7 ~ Unhappy Ending

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

1. What do you think about the track records Rosalie mentions, hers and the others? How many people do you think Esme has killed? Emmett? Alice?
I don't see Esme or Emmett killing that many becasue they were turned to be 'vegatarians', Alice I'm not sure because she was alone and had nothing else.

2. What do you think about Edward’s reaction to Rosalie being changed?
It was reasonable he likes to make his own choices.

3. Rosalie set out to kill the men who had harmed her. Do you think any of the Cullens helped her? How do you think Carlisle felt about her killing people?
Nope, he was proabably not okay with it at first but he knew it was what Rose needed to do to be okay.

4. What do you think about Rosalie’s reasons for disliking Bella? Do they make more sense now that you know her story?
It's logical, and yes.
**Kathryn**
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

1. What do you think about the track records Rosalie mentions, hers and the others? How many people do you think Esme has killed? Emmett? Alice?
Hmm...Esme probably killed a couple by accident when she was learning control at the beginning. I'm sure she would be devastated, and Carlisle would keep her from killing anyone else, so really only one or two people. Emmett had two 'singers' I believe???? And I expect he would have slipped up a little in the beginning too, but he would have gotten over it. Alice would have been kind of crazy at the beginning all on her own. She would have killed a couple people before really figuring out what was going on. I'm not sure if she was a vegetarian before she and Jasper met up with the Cullens or not, but I think she would have the worst record than the others.

That's the way Edward is...Rosalie is his least favorite sibling. All he would have heard in her thoughts ever was vanity and silliness....he would be annoyed at having her around for eternity, and it probably was worse when he realized Carlisle thought he could love her. Ew.

3. Rosalie set out to kill the men who had harmed her. Do you think any of the Cullens helped her? How do you think Carlisle felt about her killing people?
She wouldn't want them to help her. Carlisle wouldn't approve, but they did wrong her first. They took away her life, so they kind of owe her theirs. He would just look the other way.

4. What do you think about Rosalie’s reasons for disliking Bella? Do they make more sense now that you know her story?
Yeah. Bella doesn't understand what she's giving up, and Rosalie is right about a lot of things. She's trying to get Bella to think about it more before she decides and it's too late to change her mind.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

I think Esme prolly killed a few in the beginning but Carlisle would have been there to help her, and try to make sure she didn't kil too many folk. I htink Emmett prolly killed the most, and I'm not sure about Alice. I'm guessing she did since she woke alone and would have had to survive but not sure how many.

I think he would have been worried as they would have to have moved away etc as Rosalie was so well known as a human. And he would have been reading her thoughts and knew she only cared about herself. And I guess he would have been a bit annoyed with Carlisle as he thought Edward and Rosalie could have became mates.

I don't think any of the Cullens helped Rosalie kill the men, and I think Carlisle would have been against the idea. He prolly tried to talk her out of it, but I guess he also knew she had to kill them, to get some kind of closure.

I suppose they make a bit more sense. I can understand why Rosalie wants Bella to be human and that, but I still don't get why she hates her so much when she knows Bella wants to be a vampire. Their situtaion is different, but I can still understand Rosalie's reasons.
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

I'm surprised Rosalie has never killed anyone,.. ever! Esme, I imagine has killed a small number.. Emmett a lot more and Alice.. I'm not sure.. it said she saw the Cullens, so maybe she always fed on animals? NOt really sure.

Shocked,.. Edward can be kind of irrational sometimes though. I think it's great Edward wasn't like every other guy who daydreamed over Rosalie.

I don't think anyone else helped her,.. I think Carlisle frowned on it but knew why Rosalie did it.

Ehh,.. I don't think it's as justified as she wants it to be. Rosalie is so resentful for being turned into a vampire,.. but if Carlisle never changed her she just would have died on the street anyway. It doesn't change anything that happened. She wasn't going to be married or have children regardless. She needs to be more open to Bella realizing all of this on her own,.. she is fully aware what she is giving up, and be understanding that Bella wouldn't want any of those things without Edward,.. Edward can't give her a kid or grow old with her.. I don't think she should be so rude or mean to Bella.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I thought it was unnecessary to mention to Bella. Esme, she seems so sweet, I feel like she would've stayed with Carlisle from the beginning and never have killed a human. Emmet, at least two, right? Wouldn't know. Alice, I think she didn't kill anyone either. She woke up as a vampire, had a vision of the Cullens, so she knows she will stay with the vegetarian vampires. And she became a vampire immediately to.

I thought it was funny! I could understand him, she was shallow and arrogant, why would he like that for a sister?

No, the Cullens wouldn't even consider helping her. I think Carlisle felt sad about it.

Yes, it absolutely makes more sense. I still feels she's to harsh on Bella though. Bella's found the love of her life, off course she wants to spent eternity with him. I think it's strange of Rosalie to expect Bella to just let that go.
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

I was surprised that her record was cleaner than Esme's. But I guess they all had difficult times.

I guess he reacted that way because Rosalie was a known person.

I don't think anybody helped her. And it wouldn't surprise me if Carlisle didn't tell her anything, he wasn't her boss or something like that.

I understand Rosalie, but I don't think she has to behave that rude with Bella.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
wolf-girl0221
Settled in Forks

Post by wolf-girl0221 »

I was really surprised that Esme had killed more people than Rosalie did. She strikes me as such a gentle person so it just left me a little stunned. As far as her number goes I think Esme might have killed eight or nine. Emmett had two that he killed b/c of how they smell and he just seem so nonchalant about everything so I'd say he had about twelve. Alice was locked in that ward for so long it's hard to tell what kind of fledgling she might have been. Edward once said that if it wasn't for her visions she might have been insane or something to that affect so I'd have to put her at being tied with Esme.

I think he was angry about it because he didn't want to affect them since she was such a noticable person. I think it was more of a 'looking out for his family' than anything else.

I don't think anyone helped her because it was her thing to deal with. As far as Carlise's reaction I can't be sure. He doesn't like the taking of human life but is it really 'taking a human life' when those men were the worst kind of monster? I think he was bothered by it but he also knew that she needed to do it as a sort of closure thing.

Her reasons for not liking Bella were understandable. Everything she'd ever wanted right there and it was ripped from her. Then she was changed and frozen forever as a beautiful creature of fantasy. She would never get to have a baby and I think that might be the biggest thing that she dislikes about Bella's choice. Bella still has the chance at a family but she would throw it away to become immortal. All in all, it all makes perfect sense once Rosalie explained it all.
I'll be waiting for you until yourheart stops beating. And maybe even after that.
SkittleE
Settled in Forks

Post by SkittleE »

Esme's love and concern for people would help, but like any newborn she would be out of control when around humans. Emmett was obviously the worst, except for Edward of course. Alice woke up only knowing her name, she would have wandered along and killed anyone she came by. Her visions would have shown her the family's hurt by this though, and once she knew that she could hunt animals she would have been relived and probably started trying immediately.

He was angry and surprised.

Carlisle and Esme probably didn't know until after they read the news about it, then it would have been obvious. Edward was most likely a little proud of her, but a little miffed that she would go against Carlisle's wishes. Carlisle was not happy, but understood her decision and respected it.

I think Rosalie was trying to control Bella's decision and not accepting that she wanted differently from what she wanted. And no, it doesn't make sense.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/ ... r-nazi.gif
Sucking the joy out of life since 1998
Gochiruzeru

Post by Gochiruzeru »

I loved Rosalie's backstory! It was really awesome. I doubt that Esme or Alice killed anyone... Emmett might have, though.

He probably acted that way since Rosalie was already so well-known. He wanted to blend in more... It makes sense.

I doubt any of the Cullens helped her, and she probably would have wanted it that way. She was killing those men for herself. Carlisle was probably disappointed in Rosalie, but still understanding.

I think her reason makes perfect sense, and I understand where she's coming from. It's a bit of an unfair comparison, though, since Bella and Rosalie are completely different people, but it's still understandable.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Well, we knew about Emmett from the meadow scene in Twilight. Esme surprised me very much, and Alice a bit. I would think that Esme and Alice wouldn't have killed very many, and that it would have been particularly hard on Esme. I believe that their killings are far easier to justify than Rosalie's. They killed out of thirst and momentary lack of control. She killed out of revenge, lowering herself to the level of the men who "killed" her.

I think he was clearly angry at what had happened to her, as he could see it in her memories. I also believe Carlisle had made a much too impulsive decision, especially considering he already had two other people in his family.

No, I don't think Edward would have helped her out of principle, and I don't think she would have wanted his help. I don't think Esme would have wanted her to do it, and I certainly don't think Carlisle would have.

I think it's just part of her shallow, self-absorbed nature. It's good though that she's reaching out and clearly trying to get over it.