Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Imrpint

Post by Jadey »

1. How do you feel about imprinting?
At first I thought it was silly, but it's just like love at first sight. Naming it 'imprinting' makes it sound gross.. like you're planting something in/on them. I guess its okay if you just want that person to be safe and happy.
2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compassionate towards them? Why or why not?
I don't really know how I feel towards the wolves. I hate them one minute, and the next I think they're pretty okay.
3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?
Yes. I think its cruel, immature and down right rude. Jacob should never make Edward feel that way, because it would hurt Bella. But of course Jacob doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself. Also Edward already knows how much pain he put Bella in. He said he owes her for the rest of eternity. Reminding Edward about it would just make him hate Jacob more.. Jacob just makes things worse and worse. I felt so bad for Edward. The things he puts up with.. and he still puts on a brave face for Bella. I just want to break down crying.
4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?
Ugh, where do I start? First off, it's like cheating on Edward. How could she do that to him? She just keeps betraying and hurting Edward. It's also giving Jacob the wrong idea - again. She needs to stop stuffing around with everyones emotions. Bella makes me so furious sometimes. Just.. she.. Gah!
5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?
The advantages is that everyone would know the important stuff, and it would be helpful in a fight. It would be very handy indeed. The disadvantages is that everyone can see everything you've been up too, who you like/don't like and it could easily offend one of the other wolves. A lot of thoughts would be disgusting.. I don't feel sorry for them at all actually. Moohaha
Last edited by Jadey on Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
scarlet_forever
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by scarlet_forever »

Very strange, but later it gets weirder!!!! This is like love at first sight w/ a completely other meaning.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?
Somewhat, at this point in the story there are so many other characters to learn about. Very complex, but I love it!! I do feel somewhat more compassionate towards them b/c they don't really get a choice, but hell...most of the Cullens didn't either.

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?
Yes, that was very cruel. I can't beleive he would do that. I'm constantly losing respect for Jacob and then somehow gaining just a hair of it back. He is like a yo-yo.

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?
I still feel like she is leading him on. I think it is weird that they even hold hands.

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?
They always have someone who could give advice and they are never alone, but sometimes you just don't want ppl hearing those thoughts. You would never have any privacy!!
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
sazykid

Post by sazykid »

Well I feel like if you are lucky enough to imprint on someone, it would make things easier if you just knew who you were supposed to be with. As long as whoever is doing the imprinting gives the object of their affection the choice to choose differently, then I see no problem with it.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?
I don't know if it makes me feel differently about the wolves but I do feel for Sam at least. While imprinting takes away the stress of finding "the one", it could still hurt the one they are with now. I wouldn't want to be the one to break up with someone you love for someone you love more.

Hmm. Well I think Edward did needed to know what exactly Bella went through when he left because then he would stop questioning how she could love him, but I think Bella should have been the one to try and explain it to him. Jake was too harsh with Edward, he was just being mean.

Yes. Promising to come back when Edward is away is decitful to Jake and Edward. She is leading Jake on by letting him think she is willing to go behind Edward's back to see him...good things never come from sneaking around. And holding hands instead of letting him touch her face is strange, this also lets Jake belive something more could come from this.

An advantage and a disadvantage would be that they can't keep secrets. It's and advantage because they can't keep things from the others that might be helpful in the long run, but embarrassing in the moment. It's a disadvantage because they are unable to keep their most personal thoughts to themselvs. One person's pain becomes everyone's pain.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

It's a weird way to find someone, but I suppose if it works then there is nothing better than that. The problem would be if you have not yet imprinted, but you're in a relationship anyway and think you love the one you are with...Like Sam and Leah, it would cause a lot of heartbreak.

Didn't really change my view of them. I made me feel sorry for Leah, and understand her situation.

Yes, it was cruel and heartless and mean. Bella had not told Edward the details about what happened to her when he was away, and Jacob shouldn't be the one to show him. If Bella wanted Edward to know, she would have told him. And Edward did not need to see that. He already feels so awful for leaving.

Yes, it is not a good idea for her to behave like that around him. If she wants him to see that she's just looking for friendship, she can't keep holding his hand. Though it is better than him touching her face of course... Promising to come over isn't that bad, they are friends. But none of this is fair to Edward. His opinion should weigh more, and it hurts him so much when she runs of like that.

Advantage would be that they can coordinate in fights, and plan in silence. But the disadvantage is never having a privacy. The pack will hear your most private emotions, and you can't stop it. They will hear what everybody is thinking about eachother, and about other people.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Tonya

Post by Tonya »

1. How do you feel about imprinting? Kind of freaks me out to think that you have no choice.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not? It kind of made me made the first time I read it. How he hurt Leah. It was hard for me to understand that he had no choice but to break her heart.

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her? I know why he did it but yes. From Bella stand point I would never want the person I love to see me like that.

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say? I think that she was always clear with him. Even when Edward was gone and she was "free" to behave that way she told jake that it would never been anything more. Jake chose to be hopeful even though she told him not to be. He was always the one to take her hand or put his arm around her.

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones? Like he said it help them fight the enemy well. But I think the personal thought think is so the know how the other will react in situations so that if there is a weakest link they can pull together and take care of the issue. NO secrets keeps them safe.
suzzeeQ

Post by suzzeeQ »

I hate imprinting. It takes all the work and choice out of the relationship. It basically forces people to be together, whether they know each other or not. It doesn't matter that they are soul mates. Relationships take hard work; imprinting takes all of that away and makes it easy. It works out for some, like Jared and Kim, but it's really painfull for others, like Leah/Sam/Emily. I would never want to be imprinted on. I would rather get to choose as opposed for something supernatural make that decision for me.
I love the wolves; they are my favorite part of the series. Their stories and the difficulty of their lives is what makes me like them. They do the best they can with what life forced upon them. I feel horrible for Sam, Leah, and Emily. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be in their shoes. Everyone in the situation got hurt. Well Leah most of all since she was the ONLY CHARACTER IN THE ENTIRE SERIES who didn't get to be happy at the end of BD.
I'm glad he did. Edward needed to see what he did to Bella, no matter how good his intentions were.
Absoultely. Actions speak louder than words. She was leading him on. Alot of people forget that he is a lovestruck sixteen year old guy who is fighting a losing battle for the girl he loves. He's going to take what he can get.
The advantages are being able to communicate in a fight. The disadvantages are having to hear thoughts that have nothing to do with a fight. All your personal thoughts are laid out like a book everyone can read. It's especially difficult for Leah. Ladies, can you imagine having nine guys, including your ex you are still in love with who is engaged to your best friend and your younger brother, constantly in your head? No wonder she was a pain in the a** and so bitter all the time.
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

I'm not sure. It can turn out very nice and everything, but it can also include a lot of drama. I'm still not comfortable with the imprinting on little children, even though I understand there's nothing sexual about it at all. Especially Jacob irritates me with Renesmee in the beginning, when he is steeling all Bella's line. But at this point in the series( chapter 5 - imprint:D) I didn't have anything against it really. What with the no choice thing, if imprinting is really finding your soulmate, I don't think it is necessary, as Jacob says it in Eclipse when he talks about Quil and Claire and Bella asks whether Claire has a choice.

It sure it very sad, but it doesn't change my views on them. I already liked them before his story. It does make me realize that it really can be hard to be a werewolve, but I don't blame the Cullens for their transformation and everything, like Sam does. They didn't have a choice to become a vampire either.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm team Edward all the way, but I don't think it was wrong. Edward should know how much it hurted her, even thought he already thinks to know it, the picture of her in the woods and everything makes it sink in more.

Yes, it does. I already know she was also in love with him at that point. She is giving Jacob all the wrong signals, even though she says it differently. As SuzzeeQ already points out, actions speak louder than words. But I don't know how I would have done it if I was in here place.

Advantages are of course being able to coordinate in a fight, but the disadvantages are absolutely no privacy.

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

Kinda creepy, kinda awesome

Not really.

Nope, he needed to know

Yeah kinda

It helps in fights and in finding one another, but at the same time some things are private.
**Kathryn**
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

I'm so used to the idea of it now, it was a year and a half ago, so it just seems natural. It can be really sad, like with Sam/Emily/Leah, but I like it. It's so....awesome!!

I was more compassionate towards them, Sam's story is just....heartbreaking, really. The whole thing just makes me feel so sorry for him and Leah...none of it was his fault, but he was forced into all of this stuff that wasn't his choice. Then he had to watch it happen to the others too. *sniffle* Poor Sam.

Well, I just kind of expect stuff like that from Jacob. It was cruel, but, at the time, he didn't even know why Edward had left, and he was just curious to see what he could do to hurt him. He didn't know the whole story, and he was really pretty ignorant of everything going on with the Cullens.

I think so. She doesn't think much about it, and she's not very clear about the line between friends and more than friends. He probably puts all of these actions together over a period of time, and figures that she's in love with him too. She doesn't mean it that way, unless it's subconscious, and she should actually just come out and say that she's with Edward and he shouldn't be like that around her. She just kind of lets Jake do whatever he wants so he doesn't get his feelings hurt.

The obvious disadvantages are that you have NO secrets. Also, it would be annoying to listen to other peoples' thoughts. There are things you don't want to know. It's helpful because when they're wolves they can't talk, and they can be more sure of each other when there are no secrets. They know how everyone feels, so there are no doubts like there would be if you could pick what thoughts you shared. When they need to coordinate or fight, it's also helpful.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

Unfair and a little weird. It keeps you from finding true love on you own. And... a 2 year old...seriously?? :roll:

Yes. Now that I have some insight, my outlook is a lot better! And I definetly feel bad for the wolves!

It was mean and cruel, but to be honest...I think he deserved it. I mean i would have done the same thing! I was pretty mad a Edward in new moon!

Yep! Definetly. You don't just say stuff like that and not have a meaning behind it.

Advantages: there's no secrets. No one can really turn on anyone. Disadvantages: no privacy, no room to be yourself, etc.
Betting on Alice.