Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Re: The Official Twilight Soundtrack

Post by mlola619 »

t_feva wrote:
#1twi-guy wrote:I don't get why they didn't put 15 step by Radiohead on the soundtrack.
It was at the end when it showed Victoria looking at Edward and Bella, and I love that band! And that song!
It's one of my faves by them.
They should've had that on the soundtrack!
i agree.

was that the song!? i loved it! When i was sitting there and it came on i was like "what the heck, this needs to be on the soundtrack, why isn't it!" I think it fit the mood perfect, i really enjoyed it. Overall the soundtrack at first was okay to me, except for the Paramore songs...because i'm insanely obsessed with Paramore being that i've been listening to them for 4 years...but that's besides the point haha. I have to admit this soundtrack has really grown on me, i literally can't stop listening to it! *Sigh* thank goodness we got a director with awesome taste in music for this one haha
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

BuffytheVampireLover wrote:Let Me Sign is a bonus song you get if you buy the soundtrack through iTunes...it's really good. I was really surprised at how much I like this soundtrack, but it's awesome. I love how atypical it is for a teen-aimed movie, and I REALLY love that they didn't sell out and use any hit songs from the radio, cuz that would have been so lame. I'm currently OBSESSED with Supermassive Black Hole. I'm also surprised at how much I like Rob's songs, cuz I'll admit his voice is a little unusual. I think they seem very private, which is fitting since his music is so personal to him.
This is the first time I've bought a soundtrack before the movie even opened, and I liked becoming familiar with the songs beforehand. It made me appreciate the movie and the placement of the songs even more. (The only song I didn't spoil for myself and listen to before the movie was Bella's lullaby.)

"Never Think" has really grown on me and I like it even more each time I listen to it. I love the simplicity of the guitar. Rob's voice is a little unusual as you mentioned, but really quite nice and not what I really expected.

"Supermassive Black Hole" is also one of my favorites and I couldn't imagine a cooler song for the baseball scene. I think it fit perfectly! I think my seven and eight-year-old are pretty tired of it already!
Banner by TammyAZ
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

CantBreathe wrote:[Full Moon was when Bella was going from Phoenix to Forks.
Spotlight played when Edward and Bella are exiting the Volvo in the school parking lot.
I Caught Myself was in the dress shop.
Eyes on Fire was playing when Bella was in her room after her first day of school, she gets off the phone with her mother and is remembering how Edward glared at her.

Thanks so much for your help! You saved me from driving myself crazy trying to figure out these other songs until I have a chance to go see the movie again next week.
Banner by TammyAZ
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

I bought the CD a week ago and the songs are all safely stored in my Nano. :)
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

updates

by older_twilight_fan
I'm trying to place the songs from the soundtrack with the specific scene in the movie where they were played.

1. Supermassive Black Hole: The baseball scene (great music for that scene, btw)
2. Decode: End Credits
3. Full Moon: When Bella left Phoenix and headed to Fork, beginning of the movie*.
4. Leave Out All the Rest: End Credits
5. Spotlight (Twilight Mix): When Bella and Edward walked together in the school parking lot.
6. Go All the Way: Prom with everyone dancing
7. Tremble For My Beloved: the van scene when Edward rescued Bella
8. I Caught Myself: Dress Shop*
9. Eyes on Fire: when Bella was in her room after her first day of school, she gets off the phone with her mother and is remembering how Edward glared at her*
10. Never Think: The restaurant in Port Angeles
11. Flightless Bird, American Mouth: When Bella and Edward danced at prom
12. Bella's Lullaby: When Edward and Bella climbed the trees, and various other movie scenes

Let Me Sign: During the flashbacks when Bella was injured at the ballet studio

The songs I am unsure about are Full Moon, Spotlight, I Caught Myself, and Eyes on Fire.

I love the soundtrack and appreciate any help with this.
I'm from Nashville, Tennessee and I was so surprised and thrilled to hear that Iron & Wine played at the Ryman Auditorium this past weekend. I actually heard a snippet of Flightless Bird, American Mouth on the radio and I almost drove off the road! No mention of Twilight of course.

*Thanks to those who helped create the
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
xHaveHeartx
Settled in Forks

Post by xHaveHeartx »

I loveeeee Eyes on fire.
so good.
=]
To thine own self be true.
love2travel
Wandering Through Town

Post by love2travel »

Decode rocks... am so glad their song was included in the soundtrack of the movie... :D
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

I'm absolutely in love with the soundtrack, but I kinda hoped they included 15 Step by Radiohead......because it was in the end credits.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

LOL I thought - that isn't my post... that isn't my avatar....

hahahah the dangers of having a similar banner.

It's so cute hu?
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

Hey I've just realized the similarity!! Great banner by the way! Cullen vamps are gorgeous with their teeth, don't you think?