Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: The Host -- Q&A

Post by debussygirl »

Sorry if this has already been asked but:
Do you guys think that Souls fall in love with whoever their body had loved before? Like how Wanda fell for Jared and Sunny fell for Kyle...do you think that's coincidence or that that's what happens?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I think this was explained pretty thoroughly throughout the book.

When a soul inhabits a human, the human's emotions, thoughts and memories become their own. Naturally whoever the human loved, the soul is going to love too.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

^^^ i agree...you see their memories like they were your own..and feel things like they felt them...so how could you not love the same people. werent there some people who married the soul who was in the body their host loved...?? i think it would be impossible for there not to be some feelings
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
TwilightxSagaxLover
Wandering Through Town

Post by TwilightxSagaxLover »

DunnerheartsTwilight wrote:first post....
ok i loved the host... almost as much as twilight... i want to know if you guys think that it is really slow starting off.. cause i do...
I think yes in some ways it started off slow but no in others way that it did not.
In some ways it did because in some ways we didn't know what secret Wanda keep, what with it being so absolutely obvious, and in some ways we did know because it was hinted at. I think it was slow for them to like her and get to know her but i still think it wasn't slow because if they were to like her from the beginning it wouldn't have been much of a beginning because no one could like someone of a different species just like that. I also think that after we found out her secret it went by to quick. I think that the ending was a bit predictable because i really didn't think that Mel would let her just die even if she got her life back because in the time they spent together they became sisters so i think Mel was always planning to give Wanda a new body right from the time Wanda made her decision.

I too loved this almost as much as the Twilight Saga.
They were not calling to me; they were letting me go, leaving me to the black universe I had wandered for so many lifetimes. It wasn't black at all, it was blue. Warm, vibrant, brilliant blue... i floated into it with no fear at all.
Team Edward
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Does anyone know when The Host is going to be released in paperback? Like... at Wal-Mart? lol
Because I want it! But there's no way in the world I'm paying $26 for it, sorry.
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

Black wrote:Does anyone know when The Host is going to be released in paperback? Like... at Wal-Mart? lol
Because I want it! But there's no way in the world I'm paying $26 for it, sorry.
Actually, The Host is already out in paperback. Not sure if they have it at Wal-Mart, but my school sold the paper-back version of it during my school's book fair. Hope you'll be able to find it soon!

*Wanderer*
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Yea, I know you can order it that way online but I haven't seen it in any stores.
Or maybe I haven't been looking...
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I just posted in the Vent thread about eating all the time and I was thinking...

Do you think the Souls invented a medicine called No Fat or something? You know, instant weight loss? That would be awesome. Come on, Souls. Come to Earth now. :D
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Black wrote: Do you think the Souls invented a medicine called No Fat or something? You know, instant weight loss? That would be awesome.
It wouldn't surprise me if they had something like that. Or maybe they have pills or something to keep your weight perfect for your height and age.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

Black wrote:Yea, I know you can order it that way online but I haven't seen it in any stores.
Or maybe I haven't been looking...
yeah i was in a small town and all we had was a wal mart. they NEVER had it in paperback so i gave in and bought the hardcover :(

edit: yeahi agree they probably have vitamins that are called "health" or "no-sick" and they probably just balance everything in your body and help w/ appetite...though the book does make reference to like cheetos and mcdonalds so maybe they do have like a soul fat-burner lol thats funny to think about