Strange Compliments

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
flying
Settled in Forks

Re: Strange Compliments

Post by flying »

"Your eyes are so huge, it pisses me off."
I was like, um, I'm sorry...

I've been told a couple times that I look like the daughter on George Lopez (Carmen?) And that it's a good thing so I say thanks. But I don't think I look like her.

And I've been told that I look like a deer in headlights because of my big, brown eyes.

And that I have cute ears.. I guess they're small but I wouldn't call them "cute".
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

People always tell me I have really long eyelashes! I mean I guess that is nice but it is kinda strange. I mean how do people notice that?

Oh and that I have really blue eyes and they can't possibly be real. I just say thanks because I'm not going to argue with. If they think they are fake then I will let them believe it!
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
sarah-belle
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by sarah-belle »

I only brought water for lunch one day because I really didn't feel all that great, and this one guy who sits at my table (I have absolutely no clue why he sits there...) was like, "Why aren't you eating? Are you anorexic? You're not even fat!" I was like, "Uuuhhh, okay?"

Another time I curled my hair and I was wearing a headband to keep it out of my face, and the same guy was like, "What's up with the headbad? Were you trying to look pretty and it didn't work?" WTF, right? I was like, "Good thing I don't value your opinion, or that might have hurt my feelings." :roll:
Image Image
Are we wasting time or is it wasting us?
elibat
Settled in Forks

Post by elibat »

The weirdest compliment I've ever gotten was for the way I write. Mind you, it wasn't because my writing was pretty or interesting...they liked the fact that I keep my face bent so close down to the desk (No wonder my neck hurts in school. :roll: ) & sometimes I just lay with my cheek on it. I've tried for the longest time to stop doing that but it's habit.
I also get that I have pretty eyes, soft hair, that I'm tall & I smell good but those aren't really so weird.
I guess things are going to be kind of boring now, aren't they?
one_tuff_muffin
Wandering Through Town
Location: FLoating in an ocean of tie dye with the beatles playing in the background

Post by one_tuff_muffin »

Some of the weirdest compliments i get are about my ears! I'm a pretty tall girl so my ears are i guess, reallllyyy tiny. One of the comments i remember most was from my science teacher. All of a sudden she glances at my ears and says.. and i quote! "Whoa, Erin! Your ears! they are sooo..so tiny and cute! Adorable! and she held up her fingers to measure them and was awe-struck...

Yeah..i don't think that was weird at all.....
Edward- my official :}bamf{: of all time
<3Pastry Sisters<3
Proud member of the Dorks United crew
crazycarrie22
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by crazycarrie22 »

One time when I was 11 maybe 12, I went to this pool and I didnt have shoes on (duh, im not swimming with shoes. lol) anyways some lady came up and started going on about how my feet were oh-so-adorable. To this day I still wonder what she was thinking! My feet aren't really ugly or anythings, but i wouldnt call them beautiful!

Oh, and another time like last year or something somebody complimented my elbows. MY ELBOWS, for crying out loud! And i don't do good under pressure so i said, "You too." So I told some person I liked their elbows. ELBOWS! Sorry, thats just odd.
-I'm on The List-
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

I got two: one yesterday and one today. Yesterday, the girl I sit with at lunch randomly said, "You know, you have a real monotone voice." I was like, "You know, that is kind of true." A girl in my Japanese class backed me up on that. :lol:

Today, I got a nail compliment (I was expecting another one of those sometime this year). "I like your nails." I was like, "Thanks...." I think she [the girl I sit with during history] only noticed because I painted them red. Then the same girl I mentioned before in Japanese class said, "*gasp* You're nails! They are little brighter, but they're like Sasori's hair!" I was like, "Uh, thanks." Not a fan of Naruto, but I consider that a compliment. ;)
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
LindsOuimet
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by LindsOuimet »

A random guy told me the other day that I had "Winona Ryder skin". I'm super pale. I took it as a compliment, but I was a little weirded out...

Private Magdalena Devries in Jasper's Army
Bulldozer Operator @ EDC, Inc.
Randomness Bum!
Owner and Operator of Calming Coves Bed & Breakfast - Jasper says Relax!
jaspercookie

Post by jaspercookie »

LindsOuimet wrote:A random guy told me the other day that I had "Winona Ryder skin". I'm super pale. I took it as a compliment, but I was a little weirded out...
Haha. Wow. I'm pretty tan, and people are always telling me I look like Kim Kardashian. I'm like, is that good?
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

A friend once said to me: "You're perfect." That was a pretty strange compliment. A bit later that guy proposed to me and talked about how great his children would look because I'd be the mother. Erm ... right. :? I'm not exactly that good-looking. I'm sort of average so that made me feel very uncomfortable.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana