The Dating Thread -- take 3

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Re: The Dating Thread -- take 3

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I am so sorry, If Evan doesn't want to be with you anymore or realize how awesome you are he isn't good enough for you anyways. Would you like me to kick his Why are we talking about a donkey??
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
keds723
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by keds723 »

Last edited by keds723 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

So I never heard back from the Myspace guy. :[ I don't know if I will anytime soon either. I really like him but I don't think he's ever going to feel the same for me or anything. Le sigh.

So there's a couple of guys that I think sort of have potential?

Guy 1: I sit next to him in one of my classes. We sit there and talk and joke around. We also tend to make fun of some of the people in the class. We agree on several things and have a few things in common. He's always looking at tractor things and one time he asked my opinion on a couple of them, like which one was better. Which I guess is a good sign? haha I don't know. Also, one time he asked how old I am and I told him that I'm 18 and almost 19. And he went, "Hmm." Like asking if I was legal or something. hah. I asked him how old he is and he said he's 21.
!!!!!
He's halfway through with the community college, and this is only my second semester. It'll be a while before I graduate. (I'm in a special class for math and so it puts me behind from some of the others.)
On Tuesday, I did a little test on him. I brushed my leg barely on his leg near me while he was looking at the tractors (guys, *rolls eyes* hah) and he didn't move it!!! Which is a good sign, but I don't know if it's because he was busy looking at the stuff on the computer or if he noticed and didn't mind. Towards the last 10 minutes of class, I moved away and then when class was ending, he said 'See ya' like he usually does, and I said bye back.

Guy 2: This guy is always asking me how I'm doing the several times a day I see him, and how my assignment is going. He's in the same class as guy 1. Guy 2 sits behind me. We're in the computer lab for this Journalism type of class, and we have roll-y chairs. He'll roll over to come see how I'm doing at least once during the class and the class meets twice a week. When he doesn't, I know he's just busy working on his assignment. And we both love reading and writing, and he's mentioned several times this literary club he's in and has invited me the meetings on more than one occasion. I think he's just being nice, but you never know. I have 12 hour days and breaks in between, so by the time I finally get out I'm exhausted, and I don't feel like going anywhere after. I should take him up on it sometime though, to surprise him or something. He also holds the door for me. One time he even said, "I like holding doors. And carrying bags." And he mentioned something about how his mom did this or that, and now he has to carry her bags and stuff, and he laughed while saying it, but not in a mean way. Anyways. He seems very sweet. He's graduating in May though, and going to a university. It'll be sad when he's gone.

Opinions on them? :?
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

i just posted this on the boys are confusing thread, but this might be a better place for it.....so i'm pasting. hope that's cool with everyone haha.
i'm mary, by the way. ::waves::

so i like this guy from my school, but i can't tell if he likes me. we talk all the time and get along and everything, but it's still hard to figure out since we're both very shy people....so it's like neither one of us wants to make the first move, you know? anyway, this past friday was my best friend's engagement party, so i asked the guy to come with me and he said yes! excitement abounds and all that. (by the way, i was very nervous asking him.....)

anyway, so he came to this party where he didn't know anyone but me even though he's super shy with new people. but he made the effort to mingle and whatnot and he said he had fun which is good. and it wasn't awkward, which i was afraid of. my friends' take on the situation is that he might like me considering he bothered to come to the party at all (since obviously he could have said no), especially since it was as more of a date-type figure. or that he at least could potentially like me back. my one friend tells me that i should ask him out again, but just the two of us, because she thinks he doesn't even know himself if he likes me or not.

so here's where my problem comes in--so far i've been the one initiating in this....er, relationship? except not a relationship, obviously. anyway, i mean i was the first one to talk to him way back when we met in class and i was the one who contacted him over the summer, i gave him my number and then i asked him to this party. i'm hesitant to ask him out again because a) i'm really shy (as stated already) and b) i feel like i can't keep putting myself out there if i'm not getting any indication of interest back from him.....does that make sense to anyone? i feel like if he wants to go out with me again, he'd ask me? i mean if he's just not that interested i don't want to make a fool of myself.

so i don't really know what to do. are there any wise souls out there? :lol:
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

quick update (i'll comment on other people's in a few hours)

Friday to saturday- I have a dream about Trevor where we were at parent's friends house and i sit on the couch with him. I know he has a girlfriend and whatever. But then he takes my hand and we kiss. blablabla.
My point is that I haven't had a dream about him a long time.
That day my mother and I are out shopping and whodo we see? His mom. She invited herself over her ohuse for Saturday night. meanwhile i'm freaking out becuase it seems too coincidental that it all happens on the same day after not seenig them for so long.
Then his mom gets to my house and guess who's not with her? Trevor.
Butt-hole didn't come and i obviously know that at this point he's just a waste of my time. But he gets under my skin (in a good and bad way). And btw his mother said she doesn't know anything about a girlfriend. Apparently now he's still single. ugh.
blasphemous_contessa
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

keds: Sure thing

Edward Cullen Fan: I like guy 1 better than guy 2, you should subtly find out if he really likes you. If you have an apartment near campus or live in a dorm you should invite him over (innocently) is there anything in your class together that would make it possible for you to study together? You can probably tell from there what he thinks. But at the same time, it seems like guy 2 already likes you, so if he's who you like better samme thing as above. Maybe hang out as a group, do the guys know each other? You'll find a way

Nubs: Maybe he's shy or maybe he only likes you as friend. It's hard to tell from here. Maybe you could try telling him "i need tot alk to you about something [insert day/time]" and then not talk to him until aformentioned time. see how he reacts. But again I suck at love.

Con: it sounds to me like he's a waste of time.

Update:
A and O are still dating. A and E are still dating. A is still being a bi.t.ch to E. A is still freezing me out for no aparent reason. E is still calling me multiple times a day, and now they hardly ever have anything to do with A, we just talk about stuff. I want to ask him to hang out but don't want to seem like a manstealing sl.ut. I really don't know what to do.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

I do not how you all can find the energy to be in a relationship. It all sounds exhausting.
Not worth it. Ugh!!!

Oh well, I'll just leave that up to you lovely darlings. ;)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
blasphemous_contessa

navarre wrote:I do not how you all can find the energy to be in a relationship. It all sounds exhausting.
Not worth it. Ugh!!!

Gee thanks, not even a shred of advice for us poor fools in like? That *really* makes me feel a lot less hopeless.
BearHug?
Settled in Forks

Post by BearHug? »

Godd...
Well finally unlaptop grounded =]
but have major major dating issues.
Ok, Im shiv to all newbies/people who aren't really newbies anymore but ive had my laptop stolen for so long

So...

When im all caught up and have read through this life saving thread properly ill post replies to other people.. but as far as i can see.. Drama! what happened while I was gone? dating become a war zone or something?

Ok, so you remember Erik/Quil? well.. he got in some trouble for buying weed at school & his mom made him move like.. accross the country (N) but, we talk on MSN nearly every night and he's all flirty & I can't stop thinking about him :(
Then theres.. hmm w'ell call him.. Hyper we're going out. kinda. But, i'm not sure i like him and 24 hours is wayyy to long to spend with a guy you're not sure you like that much. I used to like him a lot, and get butterflys when we hugged & kissed but.. now i don't confusion much?
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

blasphemous_contessa wrote:
navarre wrote:I do not how you all can find the energy to be in a relationship. It all sounds exhausting.
Not worth it. Ugh!!!

Gee thanks, not even a shred of advice for us poor fools in like? That *really* makes me feel a lot less hopeless.
I'm afraid my advice would not go over well with your "longing hearts". Besides, I did not realize my advice was warranted. Experience is the best and sometimes cruelist teacher. But, if you survive, then you should get wiser (hopefully)and stronger.

Sometimes, backing out, taking a deeeep breath(however long you need to) and coming back in from a different angle works. I'm too battle scarred and weary to dip my toe in the relationship watering hole, but you all have a lot more stamina to move on through it all. Just remember that no respect, no relationship.
A broken heart isn't worth it. Move on if the situation is stagnant and useless - you deserve better than that.
I'm sure this all sounds silly & contrite, but I have seen alot and been through enough to know.
I don't know any of you, but I really want all of you to know that life is alot more than relationships, it's great friendships, it's being comfortable in your skin( a life long trek for some of us and me it is moving forward and never, ever looking back; neither to the left or the right, but always forward.

I hope for the best for all of you lovely ones. I really mean that. :)
Anyway, that's my useless advice for 3/5/09. I'll just let myself out - thanks. ;)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict