Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Post by spookybell »

I hate not keeping up - I have missed a million pages! Then I was so confused - who is Jim??? Then i caught up... Covet :)

I miss all the updates.

I must giggle - of couse JM teaches Xhex sign Language - I mean it would be like and American meeting and falling in love with a Chinese person... there needs to be SOME communication... seems natural.

I wish I had time to read everthing, but I'm just trying to keep up with all of you... I do not know how you do it!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Well, Spookybell, my way is that we are slow at work so I have the time. Gotta look busy, you know! ;)

WARDen updates (beware...I have five pages of her posts to get through...this may be long):
  • A cellie asked if JM and Tohr make up in LM because she was hurt by JM's treatment of Tohr in LAv. The WARDen says that they most definitely make up. The WARDen believes that for JM to have a true HEA he must make peace with Tohr.

A cellie asked if Rhage would have to watch Mary grow old and die. The WARDen confirmed the ending of LR that Mary was take out of the time continuum, made immortal and when Rhage goes unto the Fade, Mary will follow.

Someone asked how Butch and Marissa are doing. The WARDen said they are doing well, as the rest of the mated pairs and she hopes to bring them forward in a meaningful way in future books (Una note: I assume like she did with Wrath and Beth in LAv).

A cellie asked if it as coincidence that Revh's mother was saved from the Sympath colony and Murder tried to rescue Xhex form the Sympath colony. The WARDen thinks it is a coincidence but she is on a need to know basis when it comes to facts so you just never know.

Someone asked about seeing more of V and Jane. The WARDen says we'll see more of V in Manny and Payne's book.

A cellie asked when the brothers will be on the boards again. The WARDen said you just never know. But when she is really busy, it's less likely. However she isn't swamped at the moment so...

Someone asked about Qhuay (Blay and Qhuinn being each other's HEAs) however this was giving a "Keep Reading."

A cellie asked if the WARDen takes vacations. She replied that she isn't a vacation person, she enjoys working. She finished JM's book and the same day started outlining Crave the next book in the Fallen Angels series. Here is her favorite quote so far from it: ""You know, you can do more than just look at it if you want." -Isaac to Grier " and the WARDen points out that he isn't talking about fruitcake...

Here is a little extra info about the main character, Isaac, that is in Crave - It's in the invissy font so just highlight to read: "Isaac has bolted from the black ops unit that Jim was a part of and that Matthias is in charge of. He's like 6'2", military brush cut like Jim, same tat on the back (all of them have it- it ID they carry in their skin that no one else but other members can properly interpret.) Isaac's self-medicating in a bad way- but not because he's an addict... it's more to shut his brain off you know? Well, that's one characteristic that many addict's share for sure. But it's not like he gets off on the high- he just can't get over all the things he did and the people he's killed. His soul's dying even as his body is strong...
    he might like to be tied up- but you know, he wants to be with Grier (his heroine) but he knows he unsettles her... so yeah, being tied up, for her safety, while they YOU KNOW
    "

A cellie asked if Darius had encountered Xhex before because when JM first saw her in LU he felt like he knew her. Here is the WARDen's response: "See, the whole bonding thing for males? It's like that- it's like they see their female and they're instantly completed- so it's a very present kind of thing. Something registers- it's got to be like a pheromone (SP???) thing- a molecular clicking. Remember when Rhage had that response to Mary's voice- one minute he was fine and going about his business- next minute BOOOOOM! Same with Z and Bella (although Z wouldn't have described it as such necessarily at that moment.) So it's really a male finding his mate? Am I making any sense?"

Someone asked about the baking scenes that the WARDen puts in her books, if there are some she edits, she waters down or just omit. Here is the WARDen's response (in invissy font): "There's a lot of sex that I don't put in the books- but it's happening between couples that aren't the focus of them (think Mary and Rhage for instance in someone else's story, or Z and Bella, or Phury and Cormia, or Butch and Marissa or... you get the point... ) I'm not under any publisher restrictions and can write whatever I want- but I do write about the sex scenes that count, i.e., that move the plots forward, and are about the couple whose book it is- and I write them to a point where the reader can fill in whatever else they might want to (like in terms of descriptions, etc.- which is something I do everywhere else; for instance, I don't describe every single piece of furniture in the mansion or every element of an outfit or all the details of an alley. That way readers can still have leeway to take it as far as they wish.)
    My books defo have erotic sex in them, but they're about more than just the sexual stuff- they're about emotions and character studies and the ongoing series developement. This is NOT a knock against books that focus on the sexual journey- there are a ton of fabulous authors who do that and do it well and they rock. But the hardcore sex is just not the main focus of what I happen to do.
    "

A cellie's hubby joined to ask if JM gets to kick Lash's rear in LM. The WARDen says the JM kicks butt, *cough*brownstone*cough*.

Someone asked if JM when he first saw Xhex, knew she was his mate. The WARDen says yes. The cellie also goes on to say that she thinks Qhuinn likes to frequent different bakeries all the time because he is attention/affection starved from his family and the kiss from Blay was too much for him to handle. The WARDen says not necessarily. Qhuinn has a hunger that he just needs to sate. He doesn't want any emotional connections or ties to bog him down, he just wants to sate the hunger by going to ANY bakery he comes across. The problem with Blay is that with Blay, it's more, not just hunger but emotion and he doesn't want to be bothered by the emotion, doesn't want to deal with it so he is avoiding it. The WARDen does say this: "Nothing reaches the core of him... because he has Blay in there already". Later on, the WARDen clarifies to a follow up question that Qhuinn just doesn't feel ready for the responsibility, he's still raw from his family. He just can't handle it and he knows if he commits to Blay, that's it. However, what Qhuinn says in the scene after the kiss, he means every word of it.

A cellie asked if Sympaths go through a needing. The WARDen says that half-breed Sympaths do. Later on someone asks if we get to see her needing in LM and the WARDen got wrapped in the infamous blue smurf robe (Una note: aka Keep reading).

The WARDen clarifies that when a person says something in the old language (especially a warrior) it's because he's being dead serious, no joking around. That is why it is for vows, promises, etc.

Someone asked if we will learn Lassiter's backstory. The WARDen says yes, however, she is not sure whether his story will be in the Fallen Angels series or BDB. She first thought it'd be in Fallen Angels, then felt solidly it be in BDB, but now she is just going to do what "her rice crispies tell her".
That's all for now!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Well gosh darn it... I had a nice post, but the system got "hung up," and my post didn't make it, I guess! So, now I'll leave the shorten version...

THANK YOU UNA for the great information!!!

I went back and read the KISS scene (LE, page 419). Summary: Qhuinn *THINKS* about how much he would like to bake a full meal for Blay, and that he "felt" the same as Blay "felt" at that moment. BUT Qhuinn did not say those things. What he did say is that Blay is too important to bake the kind of cookies Qhuinn does and in old world language Qhuinn said he'd kill any man that hurt Blay. SO what does it all mean???
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

You so rock Twimom, thank you for posting that. I am now worried about the status of Saxton as we already know what happens (or what the WARDen has alluded to) in LM! :o :?

No updates today! :evil:
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Thanks for the updates! It just makes me want the next book now! There are so many NEXT books I want!!!!

You are the best UNA!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Ok, I know Saxton is loosley related to someone right? Isn't he someone's cousin? You don't think Qhuinn ends up killing Saxton, do you??

Thank you Naureen!!
una

Post by una »

Saxton is, I believe, Qhuinn's cousin. It is leaked (by the WARDen) LM spoiler: that Saxton will be Blay's first male/male encounter. It appears that Qhuinn and Blay may be each other's HEAs. Interesting to note: the Mods on the WARDen's site had to post a note about being respectful when it comes to the Team Qhuay debate, I guess sides for and against got overly passionate and started arguing and complaint PMs started flying. Wow!

WARDen Updates:
  • A cellie asked if Wellsie hadn't died, would Tohr take on this "female" as an additional mate. The WARDen says if Wellsie hadn't died, Tohr would not take on another shellan, he just wouldn't. But since she did die, his life changed. The WARDen says it is difficult because she hates the fact that Wellsie died but loves the female he ends up with.

WARDen confirmed that Wrath's eye sight was a degenerative condition and it's gone for good, it is untreatable and irreversible.

A cellie asked if the younger troika spends time with Nalla or if they even like her, being that JM is on his "mission" and the guys are like his wingmen. She/he also asked if Crave takes place in Boston or Caldwell and if the brothers ever take their shellans out for a romantic date night or something. The WARDen replied with JM and the boys are really busy with a lot of stuff going on and it is of the highest priority but, yeah, they like her. Crave takes place in Boston and the brothers definitely take their shellans out, they are armed to the teeth, but they do go out and do stuff.

The copyedited manuscript for LM just "dropped" on the WARDen so she'll be in locked down for a while.
That's all folks!
una

Post by una »

Happy Birthday Twahy-Lahyt!!!

I hope you have a fantastic day! I only wish I had some news from the WARDen but she has been quiet for a while. She's either busy with the holidays or (hopefully) feverishly working on Crave.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

thanks for the update!!!!

I love that I can read the "spoilers" and forget them by the time the book comes out... or I don't care because I love all the info and it never spoiles a bit!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Finally, I finished Covet and reversed my self-imposed exile from the BDB thread!
A brief Covet note: I enjoyed it but it didn't "shake me to the core of my being" (*chuckle*) It felt like Ward borrowed from herself in certain places, i.e. the obsession Saul had with Marie-Therese felt a lot like the one the chief lesser had for Bella, the glowing hand of Eddie matched the glowing hand of Vishous, etc. It was nice to see "cameos" from Trez and Phury in the book. The sneak peek of JM just had me hungering for more. When will April get here?
Una, thank you for all the updates. My BDB loving pal who isn't on the Lex loves for me to make "an Una report"; it's so chock-full of deets that it's hard to recall them all. Thanks for keeping us in the loop!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!