What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: What are you reading?

Post by pennybug84 »

Bitten- by Robert Smith (I think that's the author) It's kind of funny so far, I'm only about 60 pages into it
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

Just finished the 3rd Luxe book, Envy, which was good but I didn't like the ending. Now I've started Kiss of Life, the sequel to Generation Dead, which is going to be very silly, according to my mum and my friend.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Finished Carpe Corpus and it was pretty good. I'm really looking forward to the next one.

I think I'm going to read Secret Life of a Vampire next, it is part of the Love at Stake series.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I can't remember all the authors of the books I read this week....but I remember the titles!

The Hunger Games Suzanne Collins
Exodus Julie Bertagna
Spellbound Cate Tiernan
Dark Magick Cate Tiernan
The Calling Cate Tiernan
The Ransom of Mercy Carter
The Fattening Hut
and in my pile of yet to read:
The Luxe
Rumours: A Luxe Novel, and
Red Moon at Sharpsburg
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
addictedbooklover

^That's a lot of books! The Luxe and Rumours are really good, I hope you like them as much as I did :)

blasphemous_contessa
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Well my best friend and fellow book addict has been trying to get me into the Luxe series for almost three years so i'm sure I'll like it. There's another book she suggested for me that I've been unable to find. It's called Gargoyle or maybe Gargoules or The Gargoyle or something like that.

I always read books in big chunks, every two weeks I go to the library (this week was on Tuesday) and max out my borrowing card then hole myself up in my room until my eyes start to itch.

I think you'll like Exodus It's kinda post-Apocolyptic like Hunger Games but the emphasis is more on this one girl trying to save her village. Read It Latte, the Cocoa commands you :D
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
addictedbooklover

Okay I will :lol:
Who's the author?

blasphemous_contessa

Julie Bertagna
addictedbooklover

Okay, thanks. I've just reserved it from the library :D

dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

If I were paranoid, I'd see a trend of female authors writing disappointing sequels. Or I just have issues.
I read Storm Glass, the 4th sequel to Poison Study by Miranda Snyder. Poison Study is an extremely good book, as are the next to, but Storm Glass jsut isn't as great. It doesn't focus on the heroine of Poison Study, but rather a minor character from the 3d book, who now gets her own tale. That tale just isn't as gripping, however, and at points the writing style became very see-through and... not mediocre, but not as good as the first few. *sighs* Just like Bloodhound, the characters simply aren't as strong as they used to be.