Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by una »

Well freezing temps finally hit the valley and for us it's as close to snow as we get...yes, that five letter word that strikes fear in the hearts of the citrus farmers here...frost! So, we have burst pipes, ice warnings and a VERY cold morning!

Hope you are all doing well!!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Lots of snowing coming down in Chicago. When I got up this morning it was snowing, about an inch or so, and it continues to snow as we speak. I've heard different reports on how much snow to get. ABC said 8 inches where I lived and the radio said anywhere between 8-15 inches. Ugh! I hate driving in the snow. Thankfully, the roads were pretty clean. I hope they will be clean when I leave this afternoon, which of course is the time when it's suppose to snow the hardest!

LadyDi: Great suggestions! I love the one about having the "talk" with Charlie. :)

Twimom: You're kids are beyond cute!

Una: Is it still raining in Cali?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

it's snowing! It's snowing!!

They called a snow day today and we just got word that we're closing at 2:00. I don't think I'm going to try to drive in tomorrow. This morning was scary. We live on the edge of town and the road I take is flanked by ditches. I could't even see the road this morning. It will be nuts tomorrow with the wind. I wish they'd let my son go home early tonight. We are in a blizzard warning till noon tomorrow and I hate the thought of him driving his little car home at 11:00.

Somewhere back there I saw QOTD about traditions. We have a few. Watching Rudolph while setting up the tree the day after Thanksgiving. Watching a Christmas story, eating chili and cinnamon rolls (chicken noodle for the kiddos) on Christmas Eve. We also open one gift on Christmas Eve. it's always new pjs.

I was in Barnes and Nobel yesterday. I was thinking how much fun it would be to win one of those shopping sprees where you only have 5 minutes to run around and pick out what ever you want. I have so many books on my wish list. *sigh*
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Bewitched, I would love one of those shopping sprees as well. There are SOO many books I'd love to have. *sigh*

CG, it rained all day yesterday, now we have a break (for our freezing temps) and it supposed to rain again Thurs/Friday through next Tuesday, I think. At least it is going to warm up a bit (10 degrees) when the rain comes back.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Di! Those were great suggestions! I wish I had posted mine on the thread instead of PMing them... they were not as good though...
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

It has been snowing here in Colorado (Denver metro area) off and on since late Saturday night, with bitter cold temps. BRRRRRRRR!! Currently the "high" today is 5 degrees, with subzero temps predicted tonight and about 5 inches of snow on the ground. The front that we had over the weekend we sent east and that is why you all are getting all of that nasty weather and blizzard conditions. The good thing tho is that the mountains are getting blasted with snow, 1 to 2 feet plus in places. Of course all of the skiers and snowboarders (my son) are thrilled!!

Bewitched - Oh my gosh, I would be thrilled to have 5 minutes in a book store to be able to pick up what ever I want. WOW, that would be heaven, wouldn't it?!?!
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

SweetKay wrote: Bewitched - Oh my gosh, I would be thrilled to have 5 minutes in a book store to be able to pick up what ever I want. WOW, that would be heaven, wouldn't it?!?!
5 minutes wouldn't do it for me... I would get stressed out and end up with nothing! I guess I could just go to one section of the store - you know THAT one - the "I don't really read books from this section" section! :twisted: Anyhow, and just take my arm across the shelf and dump everything I could into a bag. What would be better than a free-for all 5 minutes would be a $500 gift card! :lol:
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

I've been gone so long, the Lex didn't automatically log me in when I came to the forums. What can I say, this semester's been horrible. Technically, I should still be studying, but I'm not going to. In fact, I just threw up my arms and quit one assignment: a very specific essay on a long, non-fiction, sociological book. I only got half way through it, it's due at 9:00 am, and it's so specific you can't BS it. So, I'm not going to do it. It will cost me a full letter grade, and I hope the professor doesn't grade me harshly on the final because of it. But my family and my health have been suffering, and even if I do it, I can't get full credit on it, so I decided I need a full night's sleep more. (And I'm very conflicted about it because I've NEVER not done an assignment before.)

I've been gone so long, I've missed a lot. Welcome, all newborns. I'm Variety: 3 kids, SAHM, returned to college, fellow smut lover, trying to balance my new role as student with that of wife and mother while maintaining my sanity.

Christmas traditions: some have come and gone through the years, some we try to do every year (but I always fail miserably), and some I hope to make traditions but haven't had time to try yet. One thing we have done ever since I can remember, if Dad will read the nativity story from the Bible and the kids will dress up and act it out. I used to be the angel all the time, but was always jealous of the sister who always got to be Mary. Now, we still have a Christmas Eve dinner at my parents and our kids act out the nativity. It's so funny. I'll have to get some pictures this year (I have some, just don't have easy access to them). Another tradition we try to do every year is a 12 Days of Christmas. We take gifts to some family in the neighborhood each night and keep it anonymous. The gifts are silly, (2 rolls of tape, 9 sticks of gum, 12 pieces of fruit, etc) with silly poems to go with them. We've never been caught :lol: Another one that's just started to become tradition is making gingerbread houses at Grandma's.

And 5 minutes in a bookstore? I'd take it (or the money)! Forget trying to pick out the "right" books, just grab!

Now, as for the snow. It's beautiful, and I love the cold, but now that I have to drive in it (45 minute commute to school in the morning becomes an hour and a half), I could do without. Especially since we get the wind that turns the roads to ice. Well, gotta go. Even though I'm not doing my essay, I still have to study. Happy Holidays everyone.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

bac~~ I did get to see NM again on Sunday! It was just as good the 4th time as it was the first, second, and third! :D
This time, I got to hear a few things I'd never noticed before. Like when Jake and the ABS make their first appearance during the motorcycle scene and he asks Bella, "What are you staring at?" :lol: *Sighs* I fall a little more in love...err...lust with that "man-child" every time I see the movie! :oops:

di~~ GREAT suggestions! My creative juices just aren't flowing quite that freely these days! I hope the mods use a few of yours!

This has been a CRAZY busy week already, and it's only going to get worse! December is always so hectic for me! I will honestly just be glad when all the holiday stuff is over so I can just veg out at home for a little while! :?
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Bewitched - The key to those 5 min shopping sprees is to know what you want, go to the store before to know exactly the location of each book, and then when the ime comes, you can just rush to get them without having to look twice. That way you grab more books or items. Funny thing today, I had less than 10 minutes left on my break and so I went to grab the things I wanted to buy to put them on hold, I ended up putting 7 items on hold in 5 mins and was quite impressed with myself (since the store is vastly huge and 2 floors) I'm gonna do some more shopping tomorrow to take advantage of the last day for our employee sale. I'm thiking of getting the WIzard of Oza monopoly??? ANy other suggestions??

Loves!!!