Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by BlueStarlight »

NIMA, wow. I have the same problem with perfumes on me. I can't wear anything with a musk base; they stop up my nose. The one I currently wear I really like. Hubby smelled it on a woman at work, so he bought me some. It doesn't smell the same on me. My Gramma has worn Tou Jours Moi her whole life! I wore it for about a year during college. I worked at Mc Donald's, and one of my managers smelled it, snapped his head around and said, "You're wearing Tou Jours Moi! My girlfriend in highschool wore that." Wow! I've never had someone KNOW what scent I was wearing. Clarification- I did not put it on before work-lol!! I put it on that morning before class.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I have to say my Dad is an old-spice guy. I like it. And talking about Pipe Smoke, always reminds me of bedtime stories with my dad (he used to smoke a pipe).

I've had bourbon balls before (and Rum balls). Depending on who makes them, yes. Yes, you can get buzzed and possible drunk off of them.

Going back to a very interesting point...who mods the mods? Why...we do! :twisted:

I am wondering if we "greenies" should be offended that we were compared to an insane person.... Hey, we were called the leaders of the asylum...well, that's a compliment I'll take! :D
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

una wrote:Going back to a very interesting point...who mods the mods? Why...we do! :twisted:

I am wondering if we "greenies" should be offended that we were compared to an insane person.... Hey, we were called the leaders of the asylum...well, that's a compliment I'll take! :D

You were not compared to an insane person.

I could easily have said that having our Mods moderate the gutter was like having the fox watch the hen house. Does that sound better? Does thinking of yourselves as foxes sound better?

It is all in the choice of words, so if I have offended I apologize ......

I knew it was dangerous to enter this topic.
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

24601 wrote: Does thinking of yourselves as foxes sound better?
That sounds just about right!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

*snort*

How did I miss this whole exchange???

24601 wrote:But keep in mind that having the Mods in the gutter is kind of like having the inmates run the asylum.

Totally! But bear in mind, it's a venerable Gutter tradition. Alphie and Pel were known to visit occasionally in the old days.

And yes, JG, paragons of decorum. (*grin*)

Anyway, there's method to our modness -- I mean madness...
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Seriously, just visiting and reading the recent posts in the Gutter have raised my spirits :D You guys are hilarious!

On the scent issue...my father always wore Gravity! LOL I've never met a guy my age who wore it though, but I can definitely imagine that night for you, nissanmama! Yikes!

For those of you who can't wear perfume, I was in the same boat for years. Perfumes don't bother me, but I just never liked any scents on me. I liked them on other people, but not me. Then, when my babies were born, I didn't want to wear any perfume because I enjoyed that "baby" smell, like the fresh baby wash :) I didn't want to cover it with any perfumes that transferred from me to the baby. (I even got weird about other people wearing perfume or cologne and holding my baby...I know, a little far! But what could I do? I wanted to hold on to those baby moments as long as possible! :roll: ) About a year ago my husband bought me a scent called Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana. I would never have bought something so expensive for myself! But since he was spoiling me, I tried it and I loved the scent! I wear it once in a blue moon, for special occasions, but it's still the only one I've ever found that I like on myself.

Thank you Naureen!!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

December wrote:*snort*

How did I miss this whole exchange???

24601 wrote:But keep in mind that having the Mods in the gutter is kind of like having the inmates run the asylum.

Totally! But bear in mind, it's a venerable Gutter tradition. Alphie and Pel were known to visit occasionally in the old days.

And yes, JG, paragons of decorum. (*grin*)

Anyway, there's method to our modness -- I mean madness...
WHAT!!! Alphie and Pel... in the GUTTER!!! Surely you jest! Our bastiens of the grand example? Say it ain't sooooo! :lol:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

This makes some fun reading.

Alphie and Pel in the archives

I've never read this, but I am totally loving it! :twisted:
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

Jazz Girl wrote: WHAT!!! Alphie and Pel... in the GUTTER!!! Surely you jest! Our bastiens of the grand example? Say it ain't sooooo! :lol:
At great personal risk, I have to advise that Pel has been banned from the Gutter.

It was too hard for her to keep it PG-13...

:-)
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

More on the scent thing. Have you ever had a scent that when you smelled it, it stirred a memory in your mind, but you couldn't figure out exactly why? I get that with some perfumes.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story