Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by 24601 »

LadyDi wrote:... things can get hot and crazy (although we always keep it PG-13 - there seem to be a lot of moderators around here ;>)
Pardon the interruption (I promise, I have read nothing)

But keep in mind that having the Mods in the gutter is kind of like having the inmates run the asylum.

I mean who Mods the Mods?

Just wondering...
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

24601 wrote:
LadyDi wrote:... things can get hot and crazy (although we always keep it PG-13 - there seem to be a lot of moderators around here ;>)
Pardon the interruption (I promise, I have read nothing)

But keep in mind that having the Mods in the gutter is kind of like having the inmates run the asylum.

I mean who Mods the Mods?

Just wondering...
Might you be insinuating that our Mods are not the models of decorum and fine taste we've always revered them to be?!?! :o Say it isn't so!!! *gasp* I always thought they were so innocent and unassuming!! ... :| :lol:

(Sorry, I tried, I really did! :lol: )
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

SwanCullen wrote:Ugh, I hated gym class in highschool and lots of smelly boys BLEH! But oh my, when a man wears some good cologne, oh wow, makes you wanna go right up to him and just sniff away! That would be when the Vamp smell would be a good thing hehe!
Speaking of balls, has anybody ever had bourbon balls? I never had (sad I know. I am 26 and never had them :o ) Do they have actual bourbon in them or what? Can you really get drunk off of them?
But when teen boys overdo it on the bad cologne - *gags* - the hallway will reek of Axe (is that what's it's called?)
I've never had a bourbon ball, so I look forward to hearing tales so I can snicker sophmore-ically.
And an aside - I would think the Cullens would get tired of having to be up-to-date on all teen culture trends since the 1930s - if your hair doesn't grow anymore, how tricky would it be to have to do the 1970s Farrah Fawcett waves (or a 'fro), or the 1990s Jennifer Aniston 'do? Thank goodness their minds are quick, or they might mistakenly say Ricky Nelson is the current teen heart-throb instead of Justin Bieber.

I think I need more tea.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

bac wrote:We're a bunch of goofballs. As Nissanmama would say "bac said balls, balls are funny", :D heehee.

*points finger* bac said "BALLS!!!" Balls are funny... *doubles over in hysterical laughter*
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Lady Di wrote:But when teen boys overdo it on the bad cologne - *gags* - the hallway will reek of Axe (is that what's it's called?)

Oh now there you have totally put your finger on my bete noir! (other than filter-dodging, belligerent posting, overlong quotes -- and certain aspects of Breaking Dawn I'm still struggling to reconcile myself to....*grin*)

Around here it's a body spray called Lynx: a few years ago it was absolutely universal among teenage males, and heavens but it is a piercing scent. I swear that I'd be sitting in my kitchen on a warm spring day, and these well-doused young men would walk past the house -- and mind you,this is beyond my front garden, a good 15 feet deep! -- and as they'd go by, I could smell the Lynx wafting in through the open window....

HI Nissanmama!!!! (*giggles and waves*)
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Oh Axe. In small doases I like it. What I CANNOT stand is Old Spice. My ex-fiancee put on so much one day it litterally made me sick and now I hate the crap!

You gals are cracking me up. I should have posted here a long time ago!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

When I was in a college (I won't say when that was) Eternity for Men was the scent that was popular and I must admit, I liked the smell of it. I hadn't smelled it in a long time and last year I was at a meeting and there was a man there that smelled SO good and I found myself having familiar "feelings" and I couldn't figure it out. Later I went to the store to see if it was Eternity and sure enough it was. The scent apparently makes me feel like I am 20 and want to sniff whoever is wearing it. Haahaa.

Sadly, my husband doesn't have A specific scent. He likes to try different ones. He always smells good and I like the way he smells, but I couldn't tell you what he is wearing. I only wear 2 scents. One of them I started wearing when I was about 18, but I don't wear it very often.

Nissanmama, I knew you would like that!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

My hubby likes to use the Axe bodywashes, and he gets a different one every time. He doesn't wear cologne. BAC, Drakkar Noir brings back "familiar feelings" for me... :heartbroke: I have lots of "scent memories" from life. ;) Swan, my dad used to only wear Old Spice. I don't know that he wears cologne anymore.

Oh my. Lil Starlight is playing with her little kitchen. She's turning the light on and off, and it speaks...ON, OFF, ON, ON, ON, OFF!!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Scents have proven to elicit very specific memories in people. Usually, I hate the smell of smoke, but there's one particular brand of cigarette that, when I smell it, I love because it reminds me of the brief time when I was a child and my dad smoked. (He quit when I was a kid, so that must've been way back.) I also love the smell of my husband's deodorant. The only perfume I ever wear (and I do it rarely, because sometimes people have perfume allergies) is Satusuma from the Body Shoppe. No wonder Twilight (see I am linking it back to the series) talks so much about how people smell, and the unique mix.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I've noticed that most of the romances I've read have references to smell. I think when you're trying to create a mental picture with words, it's necessary to try and tune in to all the senses. I have yet to find a perfume I like ON ME. There are lots I like on other people, but five minutes after I put them on me, I hate them. Mostly I stick with Mango body wash and lotion also from The Body Shop. Their Body Butter is the best thing ever in winter.

So heebee jeebee story...when I was in college, there was this semi-cute guy that often sat next to me in psychology. He finally worked up the courage to ask me out. He had a cool car and was taking me to dinner. What more do you want for a first date? When I got in the car with him and we were in closed space, I realized he was wearing the same cologne as MY FATHER! :worried: You have to understand that my father has worn the same cologne for the last fifty years. (Yes, they're still makin' the stuff. My mother gives him some every Christmas and Father's Day.) He wears enough of it to scent most of the city of San Francisco. If you're a Gilmore Girls fan, think Cousin Totsie. I made him take me home after dinner; feigned a bad head ache. I just couldn't stand trying to feel something for the guy while he smelled like my dad. Total buzz kill. I never went out with him again. Poor guy, it wasn't even his fault.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry