The Hunger Games/Catching Fire/Mockingjay

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: The Hunger Games/Catching Fire

Post by pennybug84 »

spookybell wrote: I have not researched the book really, just read it. I CAN say that, I feel quite certain that Suzanne Collins knew exactly where she was going to end up in book 3... it is set up from the very beginning, quite clear as day.

It is also crystal clear that Katniss' priority is 100% taking care of her family, especially of her sister. Even when she is so pissed off and angry adn practically hating her mother, there is no thought of abandoning her. She is generally selfless with her family.

I agree with you on both of these. I'm pretty sure there are clues that we don't yet recognize on how this is going to end. She knows what's going to happen. I can't wait until August to find out!

That was one of the first things I noticed about Katniss - she is selfless when it comes to her family. Especially when it comes to her little sister.

Has anyone heard anymore information yet on the movie? They're for sure making it right? And SC is helping to write the script. Do we know anything else?
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

^^Yes!
I read an article that Lionsgate is really excited about the project, and they want to get a director by late spring and a cast by early fall then shoot it, and aim to have it released aroudn 2011.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

^^^sweet! so maybe be in theatres summer/fall 2011.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

I'm hoping it'll be a summer movie, then I can get the DVD for Christmas. And that way it'll be out sooner too.
I'm really anxious to see who the director is going to be!!
pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

^^^^ that would be nice if it came out then. My mom always asks me if there's a cd or book or movie that I want for Christmas (and my b-day that's a few days after Christmas.) Then I could ask for it too & not have to pay for it!

I assume they would get a director before they do casting right? So I am excited to hear that since it'll be the first info we get on it. (I usually don't pay too much attention to who directs different movies.)
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I could care less who the director is myself!

I am enjoying re-reading the Hunger Games. It is so obvious to me that Peeta has always loved Katniss. As much as I want Gale to win Katniss's heart - I am predicting that Gale will die a hero to protect Katniss, and Peeta will end up with Katniss. I see no other way.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

I used to kinda shrug off directors before...but then Twilight happened and I saw how much a director really could make or break a movie. Catherine didn't make everything that I didn't like about Twilight happen, but it did have a lot to do with it. :/

I actually see Peeta dying, since he's the better known and generally more loved character, his death would have so much more impact on the reader. My prediction is actually that Katniss won't end up with anybody, except for maybe in an epilogue if we get one.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

So I read Through Another's Eyes... and I want more!!! Its just adding more for my love for Peeta. Especially when he mentions frosting.

I'm also pretty sure my vote's still on Peeta to die.
pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

Sadly I think Peeta's going to die too. :cry:
It would be a wonderful surprise if he doesn't.

I think that would be awful if Katniss doesn't end up with anyone. Who knows how many people are going to die in the next one. If she doesn't at least end up with someone so she's not alone that would stink! (Evil things about reading books like this.)
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:So I read Through Another's Eyes... and I want more!!! Its just adding more for my love for Peeta. Especially when he mentions frosting.

I'm also pretty sure my vote's still on Peeta to die.
Ah, I know I want an update!!

My reasoning of why she won't be with anyone is that in an interview with SC someone brought up the whole Gale/Peeta thing and she was just like, "Katniss is only 16. She didn't even want a boyfriend. She's still really young." so I got the impression she didn't want us to get too worked up about that. :?