Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by MRK »

Hey guys...popping in after a busy week...had my little brother in from out of state for awhile and got to meet Bex and see Meg! :) Now I am trying to get my house back to normal lol Hope everyone is good!
Here is the survey!

Explain your avatar: um...Rob with fake teeth and a cig. right? yeah...I think it says "smoking makes your vampire teeth fall out"
Fave non twilight book: Pride and Prejudice (or any Jane Austen) and the HP series
Fave non twilight movie: I have WAY too many...Princess Bride, Breakfast at Tiffanys...etc...
Tattoos piercings: I got nuttin
Hobbies, interests (3): reading, drawing, horseback riding
3 songs that should be played at your funeral: um...have not thought that out lol
Fave perfume/ scent on yourself: I'm good with a subtle vanilla or something
Fave perfume/ scent on others: fruity smells I like best on women...men...hmmm...anything understated
Attracted to: wit
Label me like this: Quiet mom...*sigh*
Fave animal: hippo
Fave fantasy/ mythological creature: unicorn/fairy
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Hi everybody!!! How are you all doing? Here everything is ok apart from my belly that is finally exploding these days...last night I had to literally roll on the sofa to get up :lol:

Now, a quick presentation for the newbies just before going out to do some errands...
Explain your avatar: it's just a detail from the first movie I particularly like
Fave non twilight book: The Lord of the Rings
Fave non twilight movie: too many to choose just one
Tattoos piercings: 1 tattoo, 6 piercings (one in my ears and one in my nose)
Hobbies, interests (3): books, fimo (my new experiment), cooking, Irish set dancing
3 songs that should be played at your funeral: Dust in the Wind, I'll follow the sun, Fields of Athenry or another Irish song
Fave perfume/ scent on yourself: green apple
Fave perfume/ scent on others: I used to love the old Replay perfume for both men and women
Attracted to: smile, personality, nice b u m is a plus ;)
Label me like this: crazy, caring, future mother
Fave animal: birds in general
Fave fantasy/ mythological creature: hobbits

I gotta go now...there are a lot of things to do before I leave for vacation!!!
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

Hi all!! Time to have some updates here:

Real name: Honey (it's not a real name but I don't want to post my name here aside from Honey LOL)
Explain your avatar: I just found it on photobucket and since I'm no Misty at all, I just copied it hehe. But I like the raining effect though.
Fave non twilight book: Sidney Sheldon is my fave.
Fave non twilight movie: aww too many but some memorables are "The Notebook" and the Asian badass flick "So Close"
Tattoos piercings: ear piercing only; no tatt yet
Hobbies, interests (3): Internet, books and tv
3 songs that should be played at your funeral: Leave Out All the Rest or any Greenday Linkin Park song.
Fave perfume/ scent on yourself: I'm sooo addicted to Clinique's Happy. Have that perfume for like 7 years already and I'm not changing; and also Bath and Body works scents MINUS Vanilla. I'm getting migraine when I smell vanilla.
Fave perfume/ scent on others: none in particular.
Attracted to: personality, eyes, smile
Label me like this: suicidal (LOL jk), crazy and mean sometimes, and easy to get along with :)
Fave animal: I'm a cat person.
Fave fantasy/ mythological creature: Unicorn hands down.

This morning, I get to stream EC's premiere (thru E! online) and it was kinda cool to see the massive fans out there and like camping out for days to get a glimpse of the cast. And I'm like thinking if I am living near LA, am I going to that as well? hehe. And I love how some of 'em like Billy Burke and Peter and Jackson visited the tent city and checked some of 'em. R and K and Taylor were all great in the premiere, I'm not a fan of Rob's maroon/red tux but it was okay. Kristen has super hot dress and Taylor was just really nice with the interviews and all.

Friday here already and no plans for the weekend..I think I have to clean my room and just plain rest. And on the 30th is Eclipse already and it's a holiday here. We're just lucky that on that day it's the inauguration of our new president and so they declared it holiday. so yay! I might see the film much earlier I guess since no work and all. :)

Okay time to go now. Hope you all have a fun weekend! Love you all!
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
AlectoCullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AlectoCullen »

To whomever asked earlier, I live in Humboldt County towards Trinity County.

I've been absent, I know, I'm terrible! But we are packing up the house so getting onto the Lex does slip my mind sometimes.

Ful name: Alice
Explain your avatar: An exercise in laziness and brushes on Photoshop
Fave non twilight book: American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Fave non twilight movie: The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
Tattoos piercings: Ears pierced, one tattoo that's currently in progress. Hourglass with red blood inside and the kanji for "eternal life" on the glass. My own design.
Hobbies, interests (3): Reading, writing, singing
3 songs that should be played at your funeral: Helena - My Chemical Romance. Sleepwalking Past Hope - HIM, and Fiction (Dreams in Digital) - Orgy
Fave perfume/ scent on yourself: Bond Girl 007
Fave perfume/ scent on others: Soap, no citrus or anything too flowery.
Atracted to: Eyes, hair, shoes.
Label me like this: Semi-evil girl genius comedian.
Fave animal: Snow leopard
Fave fantasy/ mythological creature: Mermaid (just wanted to be one)

As for what I've been doing... Packing, hiking, enjoying some of the good weather we get. Scoring tickets for the Twilight triple feature next Tuesday was pretty sweet, especially since I got tickets for two people at 36 bucks. Thought it was gonna be at least 50. Locally owned theaters rock.
Thanks to audreywarenne for the signature.
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Hi all! Just wanted to remind you all that our policy about Eclipse Movie spoilers can be found here. It's a bit complicated, what with the Premiere and early screenings happening this weekend and the proper release not till next Wednesday, so do have a look before posting about the movie. I know you guys all like to keep us happy! (*grin*).
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Full name: Samantha
Explain your avatar: A quote from one of my favorite books from one of my least favorite series from one of my favorite authors.
Fave non twilight book: Can either be The Kiesha'Ra series by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes or The Immortals quartet by Tamora Pierce depending on the day of the week and what kind of magic/romance I'm in the mood for
Fave non twilight movie: 90s animated Disney classics...anything but Hercules
Tattoos piercings: Ears double pierced, cartiledge left ear, nose, navel, used to have a tongue ring. Have a tattoo of a star with a music note in it. Ame saving up for the Ashtray Heart with "Protege-moi pour mes desires" on my left ankle and my rag doll character frommy friend's webcomic with "La Vie Boheme" on my right shoulder blade
Hobbies, interests (3): Reading, writing, music
3 songs that should be played at your funeral: never thought about, but I do know there will be a stipulation in my will that there will be drinking at my wake, someone must tell an embarassing childhood story at the memorial and a limmerick, bawdy song, or dirty joke must be told at the funeral.
Fave perfume/ scent on yourself: anything peach or lavender
Fave perfume/ scent on others: *shurg*
Atracted to: nerdy guys who read and are tall/lanky actually know what I'm talkign about when I go into one of my music rants and aren't jealous of my obsession for Matthew Gray Gubler. Girls who know how to have a good time, don't take things too seriously, don't continually obsess about appearance and are not afraid to get dirty
Label me like this: once at school I tried to get people to put a label on me or fit me into a category. They came up with one just for me, it's called "Sami"
Fave animal: viper, panda, puerto rican tree frog, and common house cat. in that order
Fave fantasy/ mythological creature: faeries, vampires...always had a thing for faerie and wood nymphs though
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Hey, people: just a reminder that as a matter of internet safety, YOU SHOULD NOT POST YOUR FULL NAME AND/OR PERSONAL DETAILS ON THE BOARDS. Our conversations here feel very private but everyone and their uncle can (and does) read what we write on the Lex!

See HERE for our guidelines (ie rules) concerning internet safety.

*takes off mod hat for a moment to add...*

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir!!! I LOVED that movie. Now there is a film that I can honestly say I liked much better than the book -- which I have also read!
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@december, I think people in this thread are old enough to know if they want to share their full name online. And come on, it's not like they're sharing creditcardnumbers, it's just a name, that you can easily look up anyway. Right?
That being said, maybe i need to read the rules again, it's been a while..:)

Hey Lexlings, i ddon't have much to say today, everything has been said in the lexily rant topic..

So i hope you all have a great weekend :)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

MOD REPLY: I think what you fail to understand is that this is a Lexicon policy. We don't use real full names in the public areas. I tried to hint at it the first time, trying to be nice about it. December was more to the point with the link to the policy. You are definitely old enough to share your full name, address, whatever you want with each other, but do it in pm. You can even pm multiple people at a time (I think up to 7 people). In light of that, I will be editing out your full names. Please help us out with this. Thank you.
bac
by Laniyeah on photobucket
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@mods fair enough, i guess weve been here so long, the rules have become a far away memory for us. We might need to read it again to save you guys some work and probs :) I also think we tend to forget we are part of a greater thing, because we are so close in this topic and most dont even stray to other topics :) So thnx for the reminder and Im sure we are all going to be on our best behaviour from now on..

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/