Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by jasmine »

sorry to hear that pharmer :( *hugs*

i had a very short workday today at Lush, i was done at 1 o clock..and i only got there at 10:30 (train was late)
also, traintickets have become more expensive...again! I have a 40%discount, but it still costs me 8 euros to go to amsterdam now. Yup, thats almost a whole hour of work for nuthing... bluh

I did get me some nice hairflowers at Claire's sale though :)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Just dropping in to say hi...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Jasmine- Bus and train tickets are ridiculous here too!

I had to go and take a basic skills test at the Board of Education today. I mean seriously... I passed the Praxis and I graduated from college with an Education degree. Needless to say, the test was a joke. It was 15 questions. I had a half hour to complete it and it took me 12 minutes :lol: The good thing is I will probably be able to start my teaching job tomorrow!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Lily! That's great news!! Gosh it doesn't seem so long ago that you were dreading this last semester...it seems to have flown by!! Im glad your tests were easy, though!

Pharmer~That really sux...but hopefully it will lead you to the one you are supposed to be with!! :)

Hmmm...not really too much new to add, here...it's just busy running with the kids and stuff...
The book I illustrated has been officially published...it's called God's Little Lydia Lu by Lindsay A Marcum...it was definitely a learning process!! Especially with the realization that each printer prints differently, but I've gained so much knowledge on publishing and I'm putting all the knowledge into the next book she is putting out!

I am saving for a kindle...and am sooo close to getting one, but I am nervous about it too because books are like crack to me and I am on such a tight budget...and those brand new book are just a click away on a kindle...muahahahaha

Oh! I also recommend Kristin Cashore's books 'Graceling' and 'Fire'...I Love them!!

I have a couple of top secret projects going on, too that have been keeping me busy...I will tell you all more as soon as I can :D

I will try to be on more with Janny and everyone, just don't know how interesting I will be able to be LOL
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

online, so im posting again...*glares at othe rlexlings* why arent you?

anyway...have to work tonight, i dont mind reaslly, its just..i leave at half past 4 and come home around half past 10. so i dont really have a dinnertime, and my body really doesnt like that.
So ill probably be hungry all evening again, only to not wanting to eat when i finally have the chance. yeay.

this is coming my way, isnt it adorable?

and if i owned a creditcard, i would by this one..unfortunately, i dont :( :
http://www.etsy.com/listing/57601816/ti ... c-recycled

hope you all have a good weekend. sid and me will be going into the city tomorrow..prolly do some shopping.
I want to look for some decoartion stickers for the bathroom wall downstairs and such.

pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

hey guys, another long day, but I finished it off by watching Battlestar Galactica with my daughter - the miniseries part1 and 2, plus the first 2 episodes. Quite a marathon actually.
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

I just wanted to say that even though im not used to it, and i had to acclimize a bit tot it aswell....
I really love random acts of kindess :)

CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Well, here it goes guys... the unthinkable is about to happen right here before your very eyes. Yes, that's right. I'm about to post on the Lex. I suppose it is about time, I think it may have been just over a year or so... no big deal, right? Obie voiced my sentiments exactly in her post. I know we mostly keep up on Facebook and such but lately I just feel as if I've really been neglecting my dear Lexily and I miss you guys tons and tons :oops: So I really want to try to keep up and post as regularly as I can.

I'm guessing there are probably some people on here who have absolutely no idea who I am... or those who may have even forgotten that it is me hehe I'm Samantha (Sami), 25, from Los Angeles. Really there is nothing new going on in my life, I have no excuse for all the neglect. Just working and looking for a new job and possibly a new apartment. My holidays were boring but nice. I went home for Christmas and got to see my family which always gets me a bit homesick, but I truly can't imagine ever moving back to NJ LOL Maybe somewhere else, but never there again... Oh, that reminds me I missed the Jersey Shore premiere last night! Anyone here watch it? I've only watched Season One, but it is a bit of a guilty pleasure... and I hope everyone knows that is not really what people from NJ are like. I hope everyone had a very nice holiday and is off to a great new year :D I really need 2011 to be a good one. I am thankful for so many wonderful things that happened in my life this past year, but I'm really feeling like my life has become a dead end. I think I am having some type of quarter-life crisis *sigh*

Janny- I feel exactly as you do and I've been feeling it more and more lately. It's getting to the point where I feel like we have no true friends at all... some people we socialize with occasionally and such, but what happened to genuine friendship? I find a lot of it has to do with the fact that we don't have a lot of money to go out and do things, but that doesn't seem fair. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's really hard to meet new people and make new friends as an adult. I find that 90% of my friends are coworkers and a very few friends I keep in touch with from school. Sometimes I do think that there must be something wrong with us, but I am sure it is not our fault just as I am sure it is not your fault either.

Misty- Congratulations on your published book!!!! I'm so so sooo proud of you, that's an awesome and amazing feat! And now more of the world will be able to appreciate your talent ;) So where can we find copies? Can't wait to hear about these top secret projects of yours. I can only imagine...

Lily- Congrats on the job!! Did you start today?
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Misty - Congrats on the book!!

Sami!!: First - Welcome Back!!
Second - i saw the premier of Jersey Shore last night. JWow and Sam got in a physical fight after there was a huge verbal blow up with all the girls. There is a new roommate if you haven't hear - Snooki's friend (aka Snooki part II). It was everything I hoped for in a Jersey Shore premier. I didn't get addicted until I watched the second season. I think it is because I know that people from NJ aren't like that and this group is like their own little, weird culture which intrigues the mini anthropologist in me. I find their honest ignorance completely hilarious. Plus it my seem trashy but people of all levels watch this show - I bounded with my bosses at my internship when they were recaping episodes at lunch on day.

Me Stuff:

We'll I've talked about how I want to work in the entertainment industry before and what route I want to use to get there. Lucky me got to meet a C(? maybe, could be lower level I don't really know) level actor who is dating the daughter of a friend of a friend kinda thing at a small Christmas party. He has been working on his own production firm and his advice to me was law school. So thats where it seems I'm heading - again. But now no more changing it up because I know for sure that the industry loves lawyers in its offices! I'm still going to take a break of a year or year and a half to study for LSATs and save up some money.

I'm going to try to restart the blog I attempted to do but only finished 2 posts, hahaha. This one will be on my crafting and cooking projects, since I've started doing a lot of those. I have one post, the first, that I need to get up. It was a gift for a friend and I wanted to wait until she received it before posting in case she saw the blog. I'm excited now; I'll actually have legit topics to write on - now I just need to remember to take pictures.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

jasmine wrote:I just wanted to say that even though im not used to it, and i had to acclimize a bit tot it aswell....
I really love random acts of kindess :)
8-)
CantBreathe wrote:I went home for Christmas and got to see my family which always gets me a bit homesick, but I truly can't imagine ever moving back to NJ LOL Maybe somewhere else, but never there again... Oh, that reminds me I missed the Jersey Shore premiere last night! Anyone here watch it? I've only watched Season One, but it is a bit of a guilty pleasure... and I hope everyone knows that is not really what people from NJ are like.
I figured people from NJ were like those people in Clerks and Mall Rats . . . . . .
CantBreathe wrote:Janny- I feel exactly as you do and I've been feeling it more and more lately. It's getting to the point where I feel like we have no true friends at all... some people we socialize with occasionally and such, but what happened to genuine friendship? I find a lot of it has to do with the fact that we don't have a lot of money to go out and do things, but that doesn't seem fair. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's really hard to meet new people and make new friends as an adult. I find that 90% of my friends are coworkers and a very few friends I keep in touch with from school. Sometimes I do think that there must be something wrong with us, but I am sure it is not our fault just as I am sure it is not your fault either.
I agree with these sentiments, and I also know how Jasmine is feeling.

Since my separation, I've branched out a bit more and made a few new friends, and I'm going to focus on that as much as I can. My post the other day, though, is a symptom of what people would call the rebound effect - while my feelings are genuine for the person in question, it was way way way way way too soon after the end of a very significant relationship. Basically I had a friend who became a confidante for all of my feelings, and I lost control of it and fell in love with her. Not smart.

We're officially not friends anymore, and it really sux, but that's the way the cookie crumbles, unfortunately. At the moment I feel really lethargic and want to just do nothing, but my brain goes into overdrive. I want to sort of just run away, basically - leave everything and go start something else, somewhere else.

Of course, I can't. I have responsiblities and obligations that I can't ever bail on. Besides, that'd be beyond self-indulgent, and would solve nothing.

Also, I don't want people to get the wrong impression - she returned the feelings (it wasn't some one-sided crush or something), but she was still in a relationship, and that won out over whatever we had developing.

Misty - congrats on being published. I'd love to see a link to it once it is available somewhere.
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here