Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by CappuGirl »

Tonight, I feel very accomplished. :D I cleaned. For 6,5 hours straight. And Liked it. And didn't sit my a§§ on the computer until all that was done. at 7.30. Madness! WTF is wrong with me? :shock:

I woke up at noon, 12 hours of sleep. Sleep depth paid. *yay* Hubs took the kids to visit grandma at 2pm. I stayed at home to clean "a bit". It's always nicer to clean when there's nobody else in the house, especially the kids messing up as I get something done. I wanted to clean at least the living room-kitchen area super good because I was determined to make that nasty fake-wooden-very-plasticlike-floor to shine for once. So I emptied it. Yep. Dragged the kitchen table to the lobby, lifted the chairs away and put the blue sofas in vertigo. Swept the floor dryly once to gather the toys, trash, dust, etc. Then I rubbed the damn floor on all fours. well, I did try to use some excersize moves while doing it to get some workout too, so some of it looked like yoga. And the lifting up the sofas looked a lot like what those bodybuilders do when they lift those heavy weights all the way up, above their heads. Worked too! :lol: After that I swept it once more with a wetrug on a stick. I dunno what that thing is called in english and I'm not gonna check it out. Three hours flew by with this all. well, it is about 40m2 room. Then I had two bowls of zuppa di frutti di mare. while warming up the second bowl, I emptied and refilled the dishwasher. How time efficient of me. After eating, I cleaned the rest of the kitchen. By this time I felt pretty damn tired and sweaty, but I still had to do at least the lobby. Well, I did the lobby. And the toilet. And the passway. And our bedroom. whoa! Did it feel good to be so productive. :D Oh, also moved one heavy sofa in the lobby. I left the kids' rooms undone so they have something to surprise me with tomorrow morning. Mothersday and all. 8-)

Oh, Ninna just called me Alice thanks to my new FB profile pic (I dyed my hair black again). I laughed. It was a funny coincidense that she said that since earlier today I was thinking how Alice-like I was being again. See, while moving the sofas back down after my first 3 hours, I was wondering when would the kids get back home and how it didn't really matter because I already had the livingroom done and I could finish up while they watch TV. Then I had this flashing thought/image that they'll come home when I'm all done, and on the yard half way thru beating up the sofa cushions. WELL: They came home 7.20pm, when I was half way thru beating up the sofa cushions. Alice-like?

The weird day kept on going: the kids just wanted to eat and go to sleep fast. :o They were so anxious for tomorrow to come already. They're so very excited to give me what ever Rebekka did at school for me. ♥ I already got my flowers, no way they could hide them. And I saw the yummy looking cake in the fridge. I wish it was tomorrow's noon already so I'd get to sleep in and taste it! :lol:

What's everyone else doing for mothersday?

I'll sleep in, have presents in bed, have coffee and cake, then relax a bit. Then we'll go to hub's mom for the afternoon. Always the same patern. :) hubs and his siblings always fuzz over their mom's gift. They get something special by uniting their cash. I realized today they've been making a bigger fuzz about it since their dad died. Makes sense. oh, my heart always breaks when I see how they still mourn him...

'K. This was a totally rude mememe-post. Sorry. I see no harm in all of you skimming thru this silly thoughtflow.

Everyone have a good weekend!
DHSHolly
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DHSHolly »

I must respectfully disagree with you all re: Ian Somerhalder. I adore him, so I think he could act the phone book and I would so be there, so I could actually see him doing an ok job with Ian. I don't know about the looks thing, that's not my department. but could definitely see it.

Also, I love the host, possibly more than twilight? *ducks* so really looking forward to this movie. Hopefully they get it right.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Not doing much on mothersday, prolly visiting my motherinlaw. My moms to far away, but i send her a card and we will be visiting her for her bday in 2 weeks anyway :)

For some weird reason I was pretty dissapointed last yrs mothersday..I mean..It was my first -official- mothersday as an -official- stepmom(legal and all). And noone even thought about it :(
Im not even into all the mothersstuff, but I really felt let down that day, and when I made a joke about ppl were all like ' yeah but youre not a -real- mom'. Well thanx a lot! I think I do reserve a bit of respect for having been with a guy that has a child for over 7 years. I mean, im not into kids, so it's really been an effort for me, especially when he was younger. It's pretty hard to make a connection with a kid that's not your own, especially when your the 'second woman' in a childs life. So shouldn't it be MORE special on mothersday, when you're a stepmom?
Don't get me wrong, im all for having mothersday and fathersday beging banned forever: I think its way to commercial and it feels like ppl forget to appreciate their parents every day and just give them gifts because you WANT to.
But since there IS a special day..why don't I get one?

urgh, rant is over now.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Hello my people…yes it is Saturday night I am sitting at home because I am tired from the work week…and made no plans on purpose. So what am I doing right now, well besides freezing my Why are we talking about a donkey? off since the weather dropped fiercely here (brrrr shakes in the cold) well I am doing laundry and about to put in a movie. I know AWESOME and LAME!!! Haha I rock!

Anyway…some of you have seen on my FB page that I got flowers sent to me…which lead to the questions WHERE did they come from or rather WHO sent them to you…hehehehe. Well yes I am dating someone! A wonderful man who just makes me light up and smile and laugh and well yeah I am very smitten right now. How did I met this wonderful man…..well we can all look at the fabulous Misty for that one. You see she introduced a while back and we had been talking for a while and things just developed. Because according to her “why wouldn’t she want to set up two of the best people that she knows” and well yeah you see where that lead....LMAO....and him and I just click so well!!!!! Where does he live…well he lives in MI and me in IL…so we are making it work long distance, which is hard yes, but we both are willing to put in the effort because HE is so worth it!!! I think Misty will do just about anything to get me closer up to MI-LMAO!!!! LOVE YA HUN!!! He is coming down in a few weeks to see me since I was just up in MI. Anyway, I could sit here and gush on and on all day, but I won’t because yeah that would make you all vomit and I can’t have that now can I. But like I said he is really the most wonderful person I have really just ever met and makes me happier than I have ever been….but it is NEW….so thus why I haven’t said much on FB about it….because we don’t want to spook the poor guy off…if you all know what I am saying!!! LOL. So anyway….that is the basic scoopage and thought you all would like to know. So at least for now if you all want to know more or gush with me, etc…HAHA *rolls eyes* …just leave that all here on the lex while things are still new and fresh with him and I because you all know how the beginnings of things can be! I appreciate it all. THANKS GUYS!!!!

OK off to go change the laundry over….the buzzer just went off. Love and Hugs to you all!!! MWUAH!
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

DHSHolly wrote:I must respectfully disagree with you all re: Ian Somerhalder. I adore him, so I think he could act the phone book and I would so be there, so I could actually see him doing an ok job with Ian. I don't know about the looks thing, that's not my department. but could definitely see it.

Also, I love the host, possibly more than twilight? *ducks* so really looking forward to this movie. Hopefully they get it right.

I am totally with you on liking The Host more than Twilight Holly :D Although, like Twilight, I don't like what SM did with the ending...

And, I think Ian Somerhalder could potentially do a good job, I'm kind of hoping for more "serious" actors to be cast tho, people who have been around and have had solid careers, not sure way... maybe hoping it will be a movie that is taken more serious by critics and non-fans than Twilight has been... does that make sense...?

Congrats Megs! That's so exciting!!! Keep us posted!

Alright, just wanted to lend my support to Holly and Megs, back to the books I go... can't wait for Wednesday night at 8:01 when my last final of the semester will be DONE! :D
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
DHSHolly
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DHSHolly »

Rose, I'm curious what you didn't like about the ending? You can reply in private if you want so as not to spoil it for people. I know there are people on here who haven't read it yet. Terri, I'm looking at you. ;)
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

bored by the sea wrote: (p.s. i actually kind of love the majority of the Twilight cast :oops: :lol: ha ha)
well, most of the cast is more or less OK, but Edward... *shakes head*

Razzle my dazzle and sizzle my whistle... *squeeel* I WAS THERE WHEN IT STARTED!!! I remember that post where Misty introduced you two, since you were sooo agreeing on something she didn't (or something like that) and then the two of you just ignored the rest of us, no matter what we said, and just talked to each other... I always wondered what happened to that, but didn't wanna ask since it's not in any way my business. I'm SO happy for you!

For mother's day I got to go up 2 times during the night, and then pup decided it was morning at 6:30. D was home, but he had requested to be allowed to sleep until 9 (or at least 8, but that was reluctant) and since he works like an animal at the ferry, I couldn't really deny him that. When he did come up he phoned the Swedish railroad company for me, to no good. I'm going to see pup's betrothed+mother this summer, and the reservations I need cannot be made via internet. Stupid thing is, if making reservations over the phone you gotta pay directly, then and there, with a credit card (not electron). We don't have one. D's dad have one but don't wanna help us out. Pup's godfather might be able to help, but he gets home late tonight...
As a Mother's Day present I got a pretty necklace and a candy bar :roll:
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Happy Mothers Day to all the Gen Y/Lexily moms and stepmoms (I count stepmoms Janny!)!!!

Megs - Congrats girl! I'm glad you are happy and hope things keep going well.

Misty - good job on the match making ;)

Ninna - I'm sorry you are having trouble with the train payment system, hope it works out soon.

It looks like Ninna's dragon minions did a good job with my grades b/c I got straing A's this semester! I haven't done that since freshman year, so it felt good.
For reward, I bought myself some new nail polishes, nail grooming supplies, and a new face mask.

Starting my gym workout tomorrow! Hope the gym treats me well.

Lastly - I set up my deviant system/nose surgery for June 10th and then after about a week and a half of recovery I'll be able to breath properly!

♥♥♥
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Good morning everybody!!!

Here it's very cloudy and rainy today and I have to go out anyway to see the doctor...I'm sick and tired of this going back and fro but, since family lives too far away and hubby works in another city, I must. I must confess that I feel a bit dejected: the news doctors are good but the thought of probably staying like this until october - since there isn't much they can do at the moment to cure me - is hard to swallow. I have a lot of pain, notwithstanding the meds and the special diet...I guess I have to learn to live with it for a while :roll:

On Saturday I started my swim course for pregnant women. As lucky as one can be, the instructor was substituted by a Hitler-like lady who made us swim back and forth for almost an hour. I was a wreck in the end...I can't wait to see the real instructor and make all those yoga-like relaxation workouts in the water.
I went also to the movies to see Iron Man 2. I must confess it didn't impress me much: no offence guys but there was too much American rhethoric...let alone too much "iron stuff". Robert Downey Jr was spectacular as usual and totally worth the money...aww, who said people in their forties aren't sexy??????

Now, talking about sexy men I do like Ian Somerhalder, as most of you know but, to speak the truth, he's nothing like Ian in the Host. He's too "damon-ic" to play Ian. Maybe he could play Jared but, again, I'd always imagined Jared as somewhat older...let's hope they do a good job in the casting!!!
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

*Obs walks in---taps her foot----waiting.....No one is noticing her hair. She's very very annoyed. She would think when one goes from a honey to a DARK chocolate people would notice. Or at least notice her cleavage for crying out loud. She's got them practically in their faces. Oh well. Guess she's just going to go get the hose and teach them about paying attention to her.*

*clears throat* Notice anything different?

Don't get your drawers in a twist. I'll take a pic and post it on facebook so you can see how awesome I am. Dark hair and violet eyes (they'll look blue no matter what I do to make it not so in the pic) are the new "in" thing, and everyone knows that Obs has her finger on the fashion pulse of America. That's why she's wearing a candy necklace---it's fashion----has nothing to do with the fact that she was hungry and fashion + food = common sense to me.

Paulie is probably seriously wondering why I'm sending her clothing now. She's probably all scared that I'm including hammer pants and overalls or something. Silly---I still wear all that, no way I'm giving my hammer time pants up. Speaking of which, Paulie---look for you box to be mailed tomorrow.

Just some quick notes:

Becs---shut up. I'm emailing you now. I got nacho cheese on my "F" key at home, and it sticks now so it seems unuseable, and I use a lot of F words when typing you so deal. I'm replacing the f word with "donkidoo". Stupid donkidoo keyboard with it's donkidooing stuck donkidoo keys....

Megs---I didn't get approval on this. *Sighs, rolls eyes upwards towards the Heavens as she yet again has to explain this to people* If you are going to take a man, that means less Obs time. Less Obs time has to be approved by a board comprised of Obs and Obs flavor of the week (this week it's a night janitor named Rinaldo. Le Sigh). Rinaldo nor I got any sort of form filled out from you for this, and in this instance the form 75 would have been needed, along with the crossing state lines form 62 and sending of gifts that are not on the list (the list being comprised of jerky, ringpops, Utz Cheeseballs and edible underwear) form 94. Because of this, Rinaldo is all in a tizzy, and he is refused to empty my trashcan. So if I were you, I'd spend less time ogling that webcam and thinking of Horace (I've named him) and more time filling out the forms necessary to continue this love affair.

Speaking of which, Sarah seems to think herself above the forms as well. What is the purpose of me making up the forms if you lovesick teenagers are just going to ignore them? Becca understands. So does Holly---and she had to fill out a Canadian form on Darcy, and let me tell you, that one is GRAPHIC. So please, just fill out the forms so I can get them neuterized. Yes. Neuterized. Is too the word I'm looking for!

But congrats on finding someone to suck face with. I mean, someone to suck face with AND commit level 2 misdemeanors with. That's special.

What's with everyone not putting stuff on Facebook? I don't understand chicks. They don't want stuff put on facebook because they are scared the dude will freak out and run. And dude who gets me KNOWS I'm nuts. I like to tell them up front that I have a tendency to use nunchucks in domestic situations and have never once backed down from a dance off. Seems to be if a lucky man is going to get to be with Obs, he should just deal with my obsession with matches and the smell of burnt plastic. Small price to pay for all this *Does the Vanna White wave over her lusciousness* So you best believe, my next Ex husband, whichever member of Iron Chef America he may be, will be dealing with every comment the lex can throw his way on facebook.

Speaking of ex husbands, my now husband (not yet ex, but that's only because stupid Alex Trebek got rid of his mustache. Donkidooer.) gave me a great gift for mother's day----the appearance of no kids. I didn't have to change any diaper, wipe any rear except my own, didn't even have to read that stupid choo choo story, even though I did, because, well, I wanted to know what happened to Chuggington that made him only Choo, not Choo Choo. SPOILER---he slept with an unclean woman, and his whistle got infected. It happens. Anyways, hubs and co made me breakfast and dinner and cleaned the house and I wish every day was Mother's Day so I could not have kids.

And to all those haters who gasp at my attitude towards breeding----you have never had to deal with my spawn. You have never gotten kicked out of a Chuck E Cheese, A CHUCK E FREAKING DONKIDOO CHEESE, a place that caters to LOUD CHILDREN with no sense of morality for crying out loud, because your kid decides that today is the day that embracing one's birthday suit is not just a possibility---it's a MUST. So until you walk a mile in my stilettos (snort, I meant keds) then back.the.donkidoo.off. I'm raising the future of America here and let me tell you----it looks HARDCORE.

That all being said, I do love my spawn. Mean, cranky, mucus filled spawn. *shudder*

Janny---I hope Sid and Merlin remembered to do something for you for Mother's Day. Stepmoms need even more love if you ask me----you have that whole "Evil fairytale" thing to try to live down. Oh---and speaking of Janny----Hubs got me these bath things from Lush, where Janny works, and OMG---there's this one that smells awesome, called the Dorothy bubble bar and it's blue with a little rainbow on it----it's awesome. You just crumble these things under the bath water and bubbles magically appear. I also got the blue skies and fluffy clouds one. Lush stuff is freaking awesome, totally green and save your bag and bring it back to fill it with more stuff the next time. They aren't even all that super expensive---not any more than what you'd spend at walmart on bath stuff sometimes. They have some great sales. Check them out---www.lush.com . Good for sensitive skin!

I'll only say this: Ian Somerhalder is a God. He can be missing front teeth and have horrid body odor and I'd pay to watch him act out Hamlet ALONE. It doesn't matter to me----No, I have yet to read the Host, and am planning on rectifying that as soon as the raunch books wear off. I get what you peeps are saying, about wanting someone serious and all, but I don't think of Ian as just being Damon. I think it's because we haven't seen what he's able to do yet. But like I already said and agree with Halls on---he could read the donkidoo yellow pages to me and I'd pay him. So bring it.

Haven't watched the newest episode of Doctor Who yet, so no one tell me about the Angels. I didn't like the Dalek one at all, so I'm hoping the Angels will rock.

That's all I gots today. Ally, stop studying so much. You are getting way too smart. Where is Honey? Maria, how do you have any energy? Sid, why are you wearing pants? Ninna you look too good. Stop it.

Love to all of you. Smooch,

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.