Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by twilight813 »

Good Morning Lexily! I am going to a wedding today at a vineyard. Should be nice, but I hate weddings because I am cynical and don't believe in anything "marriage" like since my bf is taking FOREVER to propose to me :x

Pennybug- I want to see "Letters to Juliet" so I am glad you said it was good! Plus I want to see the Eclipse trailer woot woot!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

So as many of you guys know I have been training for a half marathon which is supposed to be tomorrow this Sunday…yeah I said supposed to be…why…because I am bumming big time. Megs got sick. Really bad chest/head cold combined with my athma AND granny hip (my injured leg/hip) with the doc not wanting her to run on it and then going to the dr for said head chest cold =FAIL! So there will be no half marathon running for me. Yikes. So bottom line I am really bummed and disappointed. I know there will be more to come, but I really wanted to do this one… Anyway posting here and not on FB because well A…I am sort of just over FB right now. I know weird right…but I really am. And B because I don’t want to make a big announcement over there and I was supposed to run with some other girls and I don t want to have a pity party thing going one. So just keeping to here with you and my lovely lexlings here. So yeah…..that is my scoop.
Anyway love and hugs to you all

So happy that Lily is back!!! HAPPY wedding fun to you today!!

I also want to see Letters to Juliet and I was to see the new Robinhood..
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

*starts the pity party by throwing confetti in the air*
That sucks Megs, it really does! You can always come here, we have both a full and a half marathon this fall ;)
*the party continues with Janny, Becca and Obs doing can-can in leather outfits*
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

*Sarah joins in on the leather clad cancan pity party shennanigans. Realises shes going the wrong directon to everyone else, kicks herself in the leg with her 5inch heels and falls to the floor. Picks herself up, realises everyone did INDEED see that epic fail and takes a little bow hinting that she did totally meant to do that.*

Hehe Megs I can only imagine how bummed you are now but there WILL be other runs, and you'll probably be even better trained for it and get an even better time for your first 1/2 marathon. ANNND *smiles sweetly/cheekily* there are two pretty amazing 1/2 marathons in London in October if you feel like it...hehe

Twilight813 (Lily right? I think we just missed each other on me joining the Gen Y madness) hope you have fun at the Wedding regardless. Weddings can be so hard to go to. (Sometimes literally if your stranded by an ash cloud) becuase they're so coupley focussed. Well ya' know - duh! If you dont have anyone or your other half couldnt be there with you it does really suck to be there by yourself. You never know Lily - going to the wedding might inspire him! I'm sure he'll do it when the times right :)

Sid your more than welcome. If I could do anything to help and get them to you that quick I would :) Hmmm *ponders logo design* I'm seeing celtic knot type designs, either in a circle or kind of a "banner" underneath. I think that fits in quite well with you and the image your trying to portray. Um. What about a play on the "convention" of a fortune teller. What about a drawing of you sitting in the middle, holding your hand out like the traditional fortune teller image?

I'm sure the right design will come to you - probably when your not even expecting it!

And yup Princess Bride indeed. I love that the countries are European Currencies! (Or were) I dont remember which country had the Florin though...

Sarah is in big clear out, tidy up and sort out mode at the moment. Clothes she no longer wears are going, tat that she has no use for is going, all stuff she wants to keep but doesnt need is being subjected to the loft and everything else will be (on the whole) neatly tidied and/or filed away into boxes.

However at this moment Sarah is procrastinating...

Sarah thinks we need a new question for discussion:

If you could be any mythical creature what would you be and why?

I'm not too sure about my answer. I guess I would be a fairy. Appears to be all sweet and innocent but dont mess with her! However I might look to you guys for inspiration and change my answer once I've read some of yours! :lol:

Ok ok I'm going to go and attempt to stop procrastinating for a little bit now!

Much love guys and dolls! :mrgreen:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

pennybug that sounds good i was pondering seeing Letters to Juliet but i wasn't really sure how good it actually looked, the trailer for it is on the u.k. New Moon dvd, may have to see it when it comes out over here don't think thats til July. **sidenote- i've been to "Juliets balcony" in Italy and it really is kind of magical in a weird way :lol:

megs dude that sux but luv and hugs to you :) get better soon ** passes over a cup of tea (oh yeah i'm allll about the tea! people :lol: )

sarah thats some uber organisation going on right there, wish i was that organised/tidy yeah my rooms a hole right now lol.

mythical creature? i'm going to be lame and say a unicorn :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

SarahGoddard wrote: If you could be any mythical creature what would you be and why?
I'm not even going to dignify that with an answer *snort*
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

But ninna...I'm just not sure....

A mermaid?

*awaits wrath and minions*

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

*sigh, deep, deep sigh*
Tinkerbell, for the umpthiest time, TINKERBELL!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

bored by the sea wrote:**sidenote- i've been to "Juliets balcony" in Italy and it really is kind of magical in a weird way
Oh man!I am so jealous!! I've always wanted to go to Italy & after seeing this movie I want to go even more!! And before this movie I'd never heard of Juliet's balcony. I think it would be so cool to go! Crosses fingers that someday it will happen.

Dazzled_by_Cullens : Wow!! Training for a marathon? Maybe it's because I hate running (I much rather going for a nice walk) but I don't understand how people do it! My aunt, uncle & cousin all do marathons & love them & they go all sorts of places to do it too. They were in Hawaii w/in the last year because they ran a marathon. Now I'd go to Hawaii just to go! No marathon needed!

Mythical creature? Hmm..........I've never thought about it much. I'm going to say a dragon.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

pennybug84 wrote: Mythical creature? Hmm..........I've never thought about it much. I'm going to say a dragon. [/color]
Good girl! :mrgreen:

Ninna has a confession to make, Ninna has been bad. Ninna has used foul language and deserves punishments. Therefor Ninna cannot eat any of the delicious muffins served at Megs' pity-party *sob*