Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AlectoCullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by AlectoCullen »

May have to do that but I'm hardly ever on Facebook. I dunno why, it just really really bothers me. Thanks everyone for the welcomes you're all a heck of a lot nicer than most of the fans I've met "on the outside" (it's yet another joke about internet vs. real life). And if age is just a number and you're only as old as you feel... I think I died about three years ago, hahaha! I'm still 26 though and kickin'.
Thanks to audreywarenne for the signature.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Welcome new 20's people, Im jasmine, from the netherlands, and ill be 29 in august.
My beloved is a Twiguy, over 20, and on here from time to time, so don't worry, you won't get kicked out when you turn 30 ;)
I have a 'beauty' blog http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/, so check it out, there's a giveaway going on, so enter if you want to win some beautifull makeup and earrings!.

pffft im SUPER tired!.
Yesterday we went to the south and i mean SOUTH. we first went to my parents and then went to Lommel, BELGIUM, by car. My godfather and his wife were celebrating their birthdays(120 yrs together), with a garden party and BBQ.
Weather forecast was not so good, but all in all we just had one rush of rain and the rest of the day it was warm. Had a lot of fun, saw people I hadn't seen in ages(since my grandparents died), like their friends and neighbours, was great to talk to them again. They are really friendly and apparantly were kept up to date about me, even knew when I got married and such, so sweet :)
Anyway, i was out of bed at 6:15, after a 5 hour sleep..not so good. Were in a train at 08:00 and were at the station in EIndhoven at 11:15 , which means we were at my parents house around 11:45. Only because they picked us up by car, with public transport it would have taken longer, even with all the roadblocks.
Normally it takes us about 2 hours and 15 mins to get from station to station. But there was a lot of work in progress and delay. ugh.
all in all we travelled for 7 hours(!!!) with public transport in one day. We were at home around 23:30. Went to bed at 01:00 orso. I was a walkimg zombie by then....still am today...hahaha.

Today we went to get Sid a laptop, so he's happy now :) Also got Merlijn a new phone (both of them for free with a phone contract). Also bought a photocamera for a friend(not just from us, but from sisterinlaw and parentsinlaw as well).

Used my SLEEK palette this weekend, (Sarah i LOVE you for it!, ppl who dont know what im talking about, check the lexling package sdarah gave me on facebook! ) This palette is awesome, even after a 19h day the makeup was still perfect!? Now i want ALL of them...which might be hard, because some are limited edition and not available around here. lol
She also got us diabetes chocolate that tasted GOOD, needless to say sid already ate it and wants more! We might need to make a regular swap just for those, lol.

and this weekend, we are going to the Efteling, (google it), its a themepark with a fairytale forest, rollercoasters, and lots of atractions. It's also in a beautifull park. We are going with the inlaws, not just my parents inlaw, but also sids sister and her bf, her ex(its for his bday, hes still a friend of the family), martijn and merlijn.
Its a great park, and we try to go once a year. We havent been with Merlijn though, at least.... i havent.(its difficult to getht here with public transport from here) So im super excited to go with him.

Also, i have 2 swap packages in my livingroom...one for ally and one for paula...waiting on the books for ally and still searching for that perfect thing for paula(if anyone has tips, please tell me ;) )

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Wingtear wrote:By the way, newbies, if you have facebook, come play with us here, just send me a PM here on the lex so that I know to accept you. When this thread goes silent for a day or two it's because we all chat there...

I didn't know about the fb group! No wonder it gets dead here sometimes, I've always wondered. :) I think I shall join.

smiling_ina wrote:Awesome! I just requested to join. :) Just watched the MMAs and thought the "badass cops" were hilarious! *lol*

I thought it was hilarious too! I love Rob (and Taylor too even though I can't stand the character he plays.) I loved how NM swept the MMAs and won every chance they had. :D

We've had really crazy weather here lateyl. Rain, rain & more rain!! Today it poured and got kind of cold.

I'm so proud of myself, I've lost some weight!! I haven't got on a scale (I don't like them & we don't have one anymore becase the last one we had wasn't working so it got thrown out) so I don't know how much I've lost but the other day I was able to put on some capris I couldn't wear last year!! So my watching what I eat & getting on the treadmill at least 4 times a week is working. It makes it easier to know that I'm seeing some results. I hope by the end of summer to drop 1 or 2 more sizes. :D

I read the Short second Life of Bree Tanner. I loved it!! It was cool to read & find out some things. I won't say more than that as to not spoil it for anyone who hasn't yet.

Well not much else to say. I hope everyone has a good week!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

oh cool Pennybug84 that you got your Bree Tanner copy already. I have ordered mine hours ago and I'm waiting it to be delivered by tomorrow or on Thursday. Some people don't make a fuss about the book's release because they're still want SM to finish Midnight Sun and they said that if she had time writing a novella, she can finish off MS too. I had bought this one to show support for the saga :)

The OST will be released in the country on the 18th and I'm not sure if I'll be getting it the same day. I had hard time finding the NM OST last year so yeah I'm expecting that again this time. BUT super thanks to Misty by the way because she gave me one instead!! Also, I'm suppppperr excited for the 30th (have to see how David did my fave novel). Originally, the plan was to watch it on imax with my friend but somebody from a local TW fan site told us that there will be no Eclipse on imax. So it means I'm gonna watch it in an ordinary theater. Well, it's not big deal or something but I haven't seen a movie on imax so I thought it's great to see eclipse there.

Gotta go for now. have to get back to work :)
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

ihadanEdwardRush wrote:oh cool Pennybug84 that you got your Bree Tanner copy already. I have ordered mine hours ago and I'm waiting it to be delivered by tomorrow or on Thursday. Some people don't make a fuss about the book's release because they're still want SM to finish Midnight Sun and they said that if she had time writing a novella, she can finish off MS too. I had bought this one to show support for the saga :)
I didn't know some people were being like that about BT. (That makes me kind of sad.) It's not that SM doesn't have time to write MS, she hasn't finished for her own reasons! Geez people. I was interested in reading BT to find out more about Bree & her story plus to show support for the saga. And it's not like you have to pay for it if you don't want to, it's free online for a month! (And I assume you can downoad it to your pc so you can have it always?) Wow some people.

I requested to join the fb group & sent wingtear my info so hopefully I join you guys soon!
:mrgreen:
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

I wish I could get BT as book, but as it is I will download it and read it next week on the train when me and pup goes to see his betrothed. Who happens to have a twi-mum too :mrgreen: though she's read the series translated, and therefor hasn't read BD, because it was released when she was pregnant and depressed and her twi-friend forbade her to read it. Good call!

I'm not feeling so good, my throat is sore and to top it off, my blood pressure is a mess (go read the blogg for more on that topic) but all is good, hubs comes home tonight! ♥
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Hi all!

I read the Bree story online yesterday. I saw the little thing by the mods saying we aren't supposed to talk about it in other threads, so I spoiler free like everyone else so far.
I liked the idea of getting to know the other side of the story and I really love that SM is giving some proceeds to charity, but I was really underwhelmed and disappointed with the character of Bree (will discuss later with others wanting to discuss once week long ban is lifted :) )

Ninna - you can't download, print, or save the online copy. You can only read from the site and it is in a book format where you have to turn pages. It basically looks like the real hard copy.

Still not much going on here. I sent my swap package to Jasmine and Sid yesterday :D after being a complete failure at filling out paper work for the package haha.
Now I'm just getting ready for my sinus/nose surgery on Thursday. I'm not too nervous, my mom called in some favors and got me the docs and nurses she trusts. I'm just not looking forward to the pain - let's all hope the pain killers pull through.

I can't believe it is only a couple weeks until Eclipse!! It is my favorite book too, so I'm crossing my fingers for good things (although I already given up on KStew and RPatz delivering the scenes as I envisioned them, so that won't affect my opinion).
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@ally i hope everything will be okay, and that you will heal soon :)
Cant wait for the package!! yeay!

@ninna, what did the doc say?

ugh. my sisterinlaw was fired yesterday....and the way they did it was just...pathetic.
She just had an operation as went to the store yesterday to tell them she felt better and wanted to work again. Then they told her they hadnt really missed her, so she was fired. without a thank you or anything. BAH

I did get a big compliment from my boss today. last week i made 90 goodies for a company, wrapped them and everything. And they emaild that they loved everything, that it was done very neatly and that it all looked beautifull.
So my boss was really happy with me, especially because the company will think about us again when they need something like this. I told my boss she should tell them to order their xmaspresents in our store :P

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

BT is available as book here! :mrgreen: even though I checked it up when I first heard and then read that it wouldn't be released outside the US because of the charity thing... Maybe they renegotiated or something.
Of course I instantly ordered it :roll:

Janny, the doc didn't say anything of use, all checks were perfect, even the EKG. It showed my heart takes double beats every now and then, but that was nothing strange he said. I had a bit of a low pressure, but then again, that's not really news so to speak. Blood-works tomorrow and then a phone-session. And then just monitor to see if it happens again (and if it does, could I please make it happen with more witnesses than pup....)

today my home island celebrate our Autonomy Day! There will be tons of festivities, music, performances and such. Too bad it's all in the evening (because it's not a national holiday but a regional one) so that everyone that have to work can still attend the party. More and more companies have begun making this a day of, although they don't have to.
Our pretty flag: http://www.visitaland.com/files/flagga.jpg
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

Thanks Ninna for adding me on the FB page. I'll probably get on there a whole lot more often.

And I just bought Bree's novella today. I can't wait to read it. I have so many other books I have to read though, so I'm not sure when I will get to it. But I know I would love if SM finished MS. I have never read anything from it.
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)