Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by jasmine »

random facts:

1)my mothers nephew has been a world champion back in 1990(or around that time), with some sort of cycling, i dont know the real translation, but its sorta offroad and not mountainbiking.

2)I have royal French blood in my veins, apparantly on my fathers mothers side we go way back to French people. I dont like French people, its the whole reason why i gave up on perfume making(i would have had to do an intern over there). So i always tell myself that the Celts have been in France aswell, and that its probably just Celtic blood in my veins. That would explain why im really into celtic stuff and even have a triple goddess tattoo. And why im so drawn to Sid with his scottish heritage.
Oh by the way, Sid is royal aswell, one of his ancestors is in the front of the painting '''de nachtwacht''. Thats pretty big. And thats on his mothers side, on is fathers side hes from a real scottish clan, but they were exhiled for ''extreme behaviour''. Sids grandma is superproud of that. :lol:

3)I have a birthmark in the shape of a heart, most people dont know this because its pretty much n a covered up area. :mrgreen:

btw i want to make a makeup weblog about the GOSH ambassador thing im doing. Do you guys have any good sites/blogs where you can change ervything to you liking? And any good ideas for the name?

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

3 random facts:

1) Jen was once the world's biggest Backstreet Boys fan. She fantasized about marrying Nick Carter. Go ahead, point, laugh.

2) Jen has an extra bone in each foot where a sixth toe would go.

3) Jen rescued her cat when he was abandoned by his mother at just two weeks old and bottle fed him (getting up every 2 hrs in the night by vet's orders) until he was old enough to eat cat food. Now he thinks Jen is his mommy.

Wuthering Heights: Just IMHO, any book that doesn't suck you in in the first ten pages has too long of a set-up. I guess I'm not that patient.

Finished getting Xmas stuff up today, it looks great but I'm exhausted. All for now--

Later Lexlings!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Just 'cos someone mentioned "Hell freezing over" in another thread I came to think of this piece of text that's been going around since many, many years before the millennium and had to translate it, now I'll post it here too:
+15°C
Varmare än så här blir det inte i Finland, så vi börjar här; spanjorerna tar på sig mössor, vinterjackor och handskar. Finnarna solar.
+59°F
It don't get warmer than this in Finland; the Spanish suit up in hats, coats and mittens. The Finns work on their tan.

+10°C
Fransmännen försöker förgäves starta upp centralvärmen i sina hus. Finnarna planterar blommor i trädgården.
+50°F
The French unsuccessfully try to start up the central heating in their homes. The Finns are planting flowers in the garden.

+5°C
Italienska bilar vägrar att starta. Finnarna cruisar i cab.
+41°F
Italian cars refuse to start. The Finns cruise in convertibles.

0°C
Destillerat vatten fryser. Vattnet i finlands sjöar, älvar och åar blir lite tjockare.
+32°F
Destilled water freeze. The water in the lakes, rivers and streams of Finland thickens a little.

-5°C
I Kalifornien håller folk på att förfrysa. Finnarna har årets sista grillparty före vintern.
+23°F
The people in California are freezing to death. The Finns have their last barbecue before winter.

-10°C
Engelsmännen sätter på värmen i sina hus. Finnarna tar på sig en långärmad tröja.
+14°F
The Englishmen turn on the heating in their homes. The Finns start wearing long sleeved sweaters.

-20°C
Australierna flyr från Thailand. Finnarna slutar fira midsommar, hösten har kommit.
-4°F
The Aussies move to Thailand. The Finns stop celebrating midsummer, fall is here.

-30°C
I Grekland dör folk av kyla och försvinner från jordens yta. Finnarna börjar torka tvätt inomhus.
-22°F
In Greece, people are dying from the cold and disappearing from the surface of earth. The Finns start drying their laundry indoors.

-40°C
I Paris spricker hus sönder av kylan. Finnarna köar vid korvkiosken.
-40°F
In Paris, houses crack from the cold. The Finns stand in line at the hot dog stand.

-50°C
Isbjörnarna börjar evakuera Nordpolen. Finska armen flyttar vinterns överlevnadskurs till senare i väntan på riktigt vinterväder.
-58°F
The polar bears start evacuating the north pole. The Finnish army move their winter survival bootcamp to later in the year, waiting for real winter weather.

-60°C
Jultomtens Korvatunturi förfryser. Finnarna hyr video och stannar inne.
-76°F
Santa's home freezes over. The Finns rent a video and stay indoors.

-70°C
Den falska jultomten flyttar söderut. Finnarna blir frustrerade eftersom det inte går att lagra Koskenkorva utomhus. Finska armén drar ut på vinterns överlevnadskurs.
-94°F
The fake Santa move south. The Finns get frustrated because they can't store Koskenkorva outdoors. The Finnish army goes on their winter survival bootcamp.

-183°C
Mikroberna i maten överlever inte. De finska korna klagar över att mjölkarnas händer känns kalla.
-297.4°F
Microbes in food cannot survive. The Finnish cows are complaining about the farmer's hands being cold.

-273°C
ALL atombaserad rörelse avstannar. Finnarna börjar säga till varandra "Perkele, vad kallt det känns ute i dag".
-459.4°F
ALL atom based movement stops. The Finns start saying "Damn, it's could outside today".

-300°C
Helvetet fryser till is. Finland vinner Melodifestivalen.
-508°F
Hell freezes over. Finland wins the European Song Contest.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Okay, so i decided to make my blog an english blog zo you can all read it...so will you please be my friends/followers? *puppyeyes* http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Wingtear wrote:-5°C
I Kalifornien håller folk på att förfrysa. Finnarna har årets sista grillparty före vintern.
+23°F
The people in California are freezing to death. The Finns have their last barbecue before winter.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's great!

Although... people here in Southern California started freezing to death at about 50°F :roll: ;) :lol:

This makes me think Finland is not a place for me to visit... in the winters for sure! Me and really cold weather are not friends!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Hello
I wrote a really long PM, so i have no time to post, but...
Hello :D
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

Totally laughing at Jen for loving Nick freaking Carter****Holding my sides, trying not to pee.....Nick...Carter.....lol****

Whew, and with that,

Happy stupid Monday.

Obs weekend was alright. Took spawn to the parade, and she got a kick out of picking up candy off the street. It was her first parade, and she wasn't aware that candy would be thrown and you could get it. So she was excited. And Santa. Leave it to an old white man in red to make the day. We had a good time, even though it was friggin cold and Obs had to sit every ten minutes do to her feet being the size of watermelons.

Yesterday I got hubs for the whole day---this is huge, because I never EVER see the man for the entire day on a weekend because he works. So we decided to point the car in no particular direction and drive. Ended up finding great gas stations---Obie is very VERY serious---she loves gas stations---most of them have great fried horrible for you food, quirky hats and shirts, etc. I'm also on the lookout for the cleanest bathroom ever. Have yet to find that one. But we found lots of beef jerky and trucker caps. Doesn't take much to keep Obs happy.

I made chili, well, because it's cold. And that's what we do here when it's cold in Texas---we burn stuff and make chili and homemade cornbread.

My boss's boss is in town all this week from California and I'm not happy. I just don't really particularly care for the dude----he seems to forget I exist most of the time, and I think we both like it that way, so lets hope it continues even though he's here.

Fanfic: I haven't really started anything new---I've got so many old ones, it's been hard just to keep up with those updates, but if you are looking for quality fanfic, go check out my profile at fanfiction.net/obieewok. I'm just starting "Strange Days" by Jandeco, so I'm sure that one will rock.

Oh---watched Walk Hard, The Dewey Cox Story and if you like slapstick comedy movies that are borderline retarded, that's the one for you. It's stupid funny, and takes no brainpower to watch, so it was up my alley.

I'm still working through vampire diaries. The books are good, but no, they don't compare to Twilight---With Twilight I freaking TOOK TIME OFF WORK (CALLED IN SICK) just to finish lol. But they are still good, and I miss the stupid show now.

Found this interesting tidbit on eonline and thought it was relevant. It's under article titled "Can we Make Sure Breaking Dawn Doesn't Suck?" Sat., Dec. 5, 2009 12:10 PM PST by Leslie Gornstein

Question:
All fan hype aside, New Moon was bad. Real bad. Will that fact be taken into consideration at all while they make the next films of the franchise? Will they aim to improve?
—Pique Santos, via Facebook

Answer:
Of course not.

When you make millions of dollars in the first eight seconds of a sequel's release, you don't change a thing. You keep the heroine as much of a doormat as she's always been and the hero as immortal and upset about that fact as ever. Eclipse has already wrapped of course, but Breaking Dawn has yet to start shooting, and there is always room for improvement, even in a fiction series that seems utterly perfect to any girl under 16.

Here are my suggested improvements for the movie (or two, or three, or however many they make), humbly submitted hereto for Team Breaking Dawn.

And yes, sorry, THERE ARE SPOILERS, for those who have not purchased Breaking Dawn and lovingly stroked it to death...

Lose the werewolf-on-baby love story.
In the book, Jacob falls in love with a baby soon after it pops out of mother Bella. Jacob apparently doesn't want to romance the baby right there, but it's his soul mate, all right. For some vague reason I cannot quite put to words, the movie should probably lose that bit. You are welcome, Taylor Lautner.

Two words: Stunt casting.
Cast Angelina and Brad as the elegant European nomad vampires. You know it makes sense.

And while we're at it...
Why not try Megan Fox as the accuser Irina? She does, after all, have to get dismembered by a pack of angry vampires. If not, hey, this is a chick franchise, what about you, SJP?

Hire another director.
The best movies know when to stray from book source material and when to stick to it. New Moon director Chris Weitz got much praise from fans for sticking to the book, but that doesn't mean he made a good movie. In fact it means he made a pretty mediocre movie. I'm sure Peter Jackson (heck, or even Tim Burton or Kathryn Bigelow) would know exactly what to do with that part in Breaking Dawn where Edward and Bella have sex so crazy that she passes out. And when in doubt, add a hobbit.

Rethink the genre.
Michael Sheen steals the screen whenever he's on it as Volturi vampire Aro. Make the honeymoon and pregnancy part of Breaking Dawn really short, and the Volturi trial part of the story really, really long. Make it a courtroom drama if you have to; bring in a resurrected vampire Matlock if you must, but do it.

An all-Dakota Fanning cast.
Forget that vampire who can grab someone's skull and kill with the touch of his hands; everybody can kill with their hands. Put in another little girl vampire who can make you feel pain with her eyes. You can never have too many Janes. Given how interesting Dakota Fanning was in the three seconds she was in New Moon, heck, all the Volturi vampires should be Dakota Fannings.

I freaking wholeheartedly agree babe lol.

Much love,

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
stupid_lamb85
Wandering Through Town

Post by stupid_lamb85 »

Hey all, three things about me...hmmm

1. I am Irish, ENglish, French, scottish, syrian and was born a 5th generation canadian But completely LOVE celtic/irish things. I wish I was born in ireland. Another culture I am deeply fasinated with is ancient eygptian.

2. I am obsessive. When I love something I really love it and tend to go overboard. I own five shelves full of paranormal books (vampires, fairies, werewolves etc) and have read most of the books more then once. I am also obsessed with hair dye (my hair has been every colour you can think currently blond with black underneath), nightmare before christmas, styles of clothing (I can go from wearing a fully punk outfit to dressing like alice cullen) and my biggest obsession twilight.

3. I have battled with my weight my entire life spent 7 months losing 50lbs out of the ninety I needed to lose and then got pregnant and gained it back :( I am back trying to lose it again and am down 14lbs since the 2nd of november. My goal is to be at my perfect weight by toronto twicon.

cody: dawsons creek was my favourite show when I was younger...its only now when I look and realize how old they were and how they talked like english teachers! Pacey was amazing. I still love Josh Jackson. I never liked dawson. I loved Jenn though!

The temprature thing was awesome. I went to florida when I was 10 and my mom took us swimming in the hotels outdoor pool. we were the only ones in it and people were telling my mom she shouldn't let us swim we will get pneumonia it was like 66F out :P

Jasmine: I have a birthmark shaped like a bunch of grape...you can only see it when I am wearing a bathingsuit though
My twilight diet blog http://nyxd.blogspot.com
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Woohoo! I have turned in my anthropology project - one final related thing down, 4 more to go. Atleast nothing until Thursday. I'll be spending the next two days living in the campus library.

To celebrate I've come to post!

Random Facts about Ally:
1) My grandfather traced our geneology and it turns out we are distantly related to Shirley Temple and an archbishop of Canterbury. However I'm not related to them by blood, only by name, because my dad was adopted.

2) I don't sleep with sheets other than a fitted one over the mattress. I like blankets better - sometimes in the humid summer only a comforter. Blankets are more cozy :D

3) I've started sewing plushies (aka cute stuffed animals). I love sewing but have no patience for clothing patterns. I've made 2 so far: zebra and a dinosaur. Zebra turned out really well, but the dinosaur was wonky. I rushed and his eyes were put on crooked...he has character. The zebra was from a pattern book, but the dino was my own pattern hence why it didn't work out so well. My pattern work needs some fine tuning.

stupid_lamb85-- I get completely obessed and go overboard with things too. My worst one is Harry Potter. I'm always sounding ridiculous for knowing too much or have so many things relating to something I'm obsessed with. People who don't obesses don't understand - personally, I think at times they're missing out.

Obs - Now I would see that version of BD. That made my day. I think my fav. quote from there is 'You are welcome, Taylor Lautner.' Poor Taylor, I can just picture the awkwardness of having to pretend to be/act like he's in love with a baby.

Ally-ness:
Not much going on other than finals/exams. I will be free next Tuesday (yay!!!!), but until then its a bunch of stupid studying and working.

Diet so far: finished 2 weeks and lost 2lbs. Pretty much on track w/ typical results. It makes me excited to start working out next week - if I loose 1lb a week w/out exercise, hopefully I can loose 2 to 3lbs w/ it. Then I might be on my way to victory by my 21st b-day next month 8-)
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Just popping in while being a bad law student! (I have a final I have barely studied for from 6-9 tonight and really shouldn't be on the Lex... oh well!)

But I agree with Ally about BD and the whole Jake imprinting on Renesmee thing. It made me go "ick" a little bit in the book, but I understood how it worked in the story, so no real biggie (plus the rest of the book had already made me go "ick" so it fit :roll: )

But this brings to mind The Time Traveler's Wife. Not sure who's read it (but you should because its REALLY good!). In that story, the lead guy is time traveler and he visits his wife when she is still a child. He always appears in the same field by her home and she leaves clothes out for him since when he time travels he can't bring anything along with him. I never really thought about this situation too much when reading the book... it worked and was cute, whatever. However, seeing it on screen was another story (at least for me). It never occurred to me just how creepy it was until I actually saw a 30 year old naked man appearing in a meadow to hang out with a little girl. Eeewwwwwww!

So... I am a little concerned how the Jacob/Renesmee thing will translate on screen given my reaction to The Time Traveler's Wife.

I hope that made some sense...? My brain is a little fried from all this mad studying! Which I better get back to.....
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!