Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Post by VolturiGirl »

FINALLY....FINALLY....!!!

Caryn, we really don't care this time about the rules this time. :o

All I have to say is: IT'S ABOUT TIME!
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

This is just a quickie post til later. Caryn, your cracking me up! I saw the pics you posted and was all, HUH? Caryn posted papz pics? :lol: But yeah, I am very happy for them. They look FABULOUS!

See you ladies later! I must do the dreaded laundry and clean my room. BLEH!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

More reason to be happy about that kiss -

If you watch the Video of the Kiss you'll see that actually Rob was being quite the imp and "stole a kiss" knowing that people where watching!!! He had such an impish grin on his face! It's like he wanted to let it be known that they were a couple. He obviously surprised Kristen - she looked a little embarrassed, but in a good way!!! Aww shucks! That was adorable!!!
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Edwards Wheels »

Aother one of my fly byes! Been seriously busy looking after Buddy and my mum after her ankle break. She's still off work cos of it, 10 weeks now and her ankle is enormous. Remember Jason trying to help me get back into the kitchen? Well even my boss sounded enthusiastic about it… then had a staff meeting and pulled me in to join it, and he announced they'd employed someone else. He didn't tell me privately, just in front of 15 other people where I had to try and hold everything together. Going back to the kitchen meant my mum could retire, but not now. That happened a couple of weeks ago and it's still very raw, I guess I have to get it through my thick skull that I can't have a job that pays to keep a roof over our heads or food in oir bellies if I want buddy to have his mother around. (the excuse used for why I wasnt given the chance was "you'd feel awkward if you needed time off because of him". So I'm on the scrap heap at 33.

I hope you're all well. I saw Caryns photos and I guess you're all over the moon to have it confirmed haha.

Sorry it's such a miserable fly by post, unfortunately that's how I feel most of the time at the moment.

Love to you all x x x

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
fi_fi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Trying to be 100 places at once while, with a To Do List that never gets any shorter!

Post by fi_fi »

Evening Ladies!
Another fly-by, I've skimmed through the last few pages - YAY!!! for THAT kiss :clap: (but boo to papz pics, though as they were at a premiere, and they knew the cameras were there - well, it is a little different to pap *insert insulting word here* hiding in their gardens or outside hotels)

Susie - not more parties - fence building!

GB and I had Fri, Sat & Sun off together to chicken-proof the new garden ready to move the girls up here. But GB has exams this week (he's going away tomorrow, exams Wed & Thur, then home at the weekend), so he was *supposed* to be studying..... we got a lot done in the garden - he is the King of Procrastination! :lol: I had today off as well, so I literally locked him in the office (there's a small bolt on the outside of the door, it was here when we moved in, we're not sure why it's there, but it did come in handy yesterday and today!) to study :lol: I did give him regular breaks & take him tea and food, and he had his phone to ring me if he wanted out, but he said that knowing that he couldn't just go downstairs to get some food/water/play guitar/etc meant that he focused much more easily on his revision - yay!!

But yet again it's gone 9pm and we haven't eaten dinner, so I'm going to go and get cleaned up and find some food to cook!
Love to you all - especially you Mel - sounds like you need it hun - *hugs* - you are NOT on the scrapheap, you just have a d*ckhead of a boss (please excuse my language, but what he did is unprofessional, unfair & unkind), and are waiting for the next opportunity to appear on the horizon. Remember - everything is ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end! :)
xx
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Susie wrote:More reason to be happy about that kiss -

If you watch the Video of the Kiss you'll see that actually Rob was being quite the imp and "stole a kiss" knowing that people where watching!!! He had such an impish grin on his face! It's like he wanted to let it be known that they were a couple. He obviously surprised Kristen - she looked a little embarrassed, but in a good way!!! Aww shucks! That was adorable!!!
Susie~ Thanks for posting the kissing video. You're right...it does look like Rob just wanted everyone to know they're a couple. It kind of reminds me of how cute they were when he sort of "stole" a kiss on the MTV movie awards (the most recent awards show, I think.). I love how sheepish they both look, especially Rob. It's so ridiculously adorable and I'm running around squealing like a litle girl. :clap:

Caryn~ Thanks for posting the pic that rocked my world after work today. :D Do you think there's any coincidence that Rob would finally feel free enough to kiss Kristen in public (albeit in a moving car), now that the Twilight Saga is basically finished filming? I loved everyone's remarks and reactions to "the kiss" too--I can't wipe this huge smile off my face. :D

Mel~ I'm so sorry about all the crapola you're going through right now. I'm sorry you didn't get the position in the kitchen you'd hoped for, and for which you'd been led to believe you were well qualified. It almost sounds like a form of discrimination--your employer shouldn't be able to rescind a possible job offer on the off chance that you might have to take off work to be with your son, sometime in the future. :? Know that we're here for you hon, and feel free to vent anytime you please. Hope your Mom is feeling better and healing from her ankle injury.

Fi~ Love how you took care of GB and locked him inside to help him get his studying done. :D Wish him good luck on his exams, from the Halfway House girls.

Here's a gorgeous picture of Rob arriving at The Today Show...
What that man does for a pair of sunglasses.... 8-)

I'll check back in later today. I'll probably be up all night watching all the WFE promotional stuff from the premiere and Rob's appearances on The Today Show, and Regis and Kelly. When and where are Rob's appearances the rest of the week?
Banner by TammyAZ
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

Evening Ladies!

There has been so much WfE premiere stuff posted and I'm still trying to catch up, but I've said before and I'll say it again: that man was born to wear a suit. :swoon:

Caryn & Susie~ Those pictures...that video... :o :clapping: :yahoo:

missp~ I don't do morning workouts at all if I can avoid them. I am definitely not a morning person and the few times I've been forced to exercise in the morning didn't go all that well. I'm too sluggish and uncoordinated to get a really good workout that early in the day. :nea:

Marielle~ Sorry to hear about the banged up knee. I hope you get to feeling better really soon.

Tracy~ It's so nice that ActionRob had a buddy to spend time with while you were away. And I agree you'll probably lose the fight to avoid spoilers before the end of the week. ;)

Mel~ I am in complete agreement with Fi and Tracy. What your boss did was totally not cool. :mad: Try not to let it get you too down. Don't take this situation to be a reflection on you or your abilities. We're here to listen whenever you feel the need. :hug:
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hey Girls -

I do believe we are more excited than we were for Remember Me!!!

Dawn
saw Rob at the NYC Premier!! I saw her pics and vids on facebook! She didn't get much sleep the whole weekend so I'm sure she's trying to catch up on some sleep before checking in with us! The pics are amazing! What a lucky girl!

Rob on Regis (Seth) and Kelly - Loved the talk about hosting SNL - wouldn't that be FABULOUS???? I loved Seth's manner with Rob and how he really encouraged him to host SNL - really a nice comfortable interview. I've got to say that Kelly acted downright "normal" with Rob. I was impressed.

Mel - It's great to see you again. You are not done at age 33. You will have many phases in your life and right now you're in the important "Mom" phase. You'll have lots of time to work in your profession when Buddy is older. Believe it. I know. My current profession is something I started when my kids were in elementary school - when I was 40. So - you've got a lot ahead of you. I'm only sorry that because of your employment limitations life is so financially stressful for you right now. Sorry to hear about your mom's injury - that's a very slowly healing break. Oh - and your boss? I agree with what Fi said. What a jerk! No common courtesy AT ALL. Don't worry about showing how miserable you are with us - we're one of your support networks!
velvet409 wrote:There has been so much WfE premiere stuff posted and I'm still trying to catch up, but I've said before and I'll say it again: that man was born to wear a suit. :swoon:
Christina - You say it, Sister! I love that suit!! The color is perfect for him and shows off his glorious physique. *drool*
older_twilight_fan wrote: Susie~ Thanks for posting the kissing video. You're right...it does look like Rob just wanted everyone to know they're a couple. It kind of reminds me of how cute they were when he sort of "stole" a kiss on the MTV movie awards (the most recent awards show, I think.). I love how sheepish they both look, especially Rob. It's so ridiculously adorable and I'm running around squealing like a litle girl. :clap:

Tracy - I was running around squealing like a little girl in my mind at work today!! I love that pic of Rob with the sunglasses too! :swoon:
fi_fi wrote:Remember - everything is ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end! :)
Fi - I love what you said to Mel.I just love your posts! You are hilarious! Locking GB in that room so that he would study! I'm glad something didn't go haywire, like what would happen on a sitcom!! You really do take good care of him, don't you? I love hearing about all your projects there.

JennJenn
- Hopefully the Robsten pics helped you get through your laundry!

Amy - I love your enthusiasm! You definitely belong here!

Marielle - So sorry to hear you hurt your knee!! That sounds painful. Will you have to take a break from tennis for a while?

Caryn - What a busy weekend!! It's hard to believe you couldn't even watch the Red Carpet live. I of course forgot about it completely! Hooray for the internet - that way I don't miss a thing! Are you still on Cloud 9?

OK - I've got to get off the computer now so Hubs can use it.

See you tomorrow, all!

EDIT: I forgot some things - well, actually I couldn't scroll back enough to see you all!

Tracy - Such a nice detailed post you made! I love all of the Action Rob photos. I actually giggled at work! It's so funny that you have a New Moon Edward doll too!!! :lol:

Jaclyn - Gardening sounds fun, but lots of work too! I can see why you weren't around your computer much over the weekend.

Raine - Your company is amazing!! Kudos on getting so much time off. Enjoy your family vacation. My writing? Don't get all excited. It's not another Rob fanfic. It's just a memoir of time on the Lex and my trips to meet online friends.....
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Sisters! Well... there was no morning workout this morning. I stayed up late last night to finish WfE. :clapping: Older Jacob cracks me up!! :lol: I'm like CARYN. I can't wait to watch Rob knock it out of the park with his portrayal of Jacob in this movie! The premier vids and photos have me just buzzing with anticipation. My Easter treat on Sunday is going to be an afternoon movie! ;) The RobSten kiss... :clap: :clap: :clap:
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Mel~ Aww sweetie. Keep your chin up. It sounds like things are very hard. But we will all keep sending you good vibes and thoughts for your mom.

Fi~ :lol: Locked him in, huh? Well, it was probably the best thing for him. Hopefully he got lots done.

Tracy~ Oh believe me, the timing was not lost on me at all. It’s fairly well known and well accepted that Summitt… took steps… to mitigate the appearance of a relationship between the two lead actors of it’s cash cow franchise. We also know that Rob has chafed often against the corporate control that Summitt feels the need to exercise over his personal life. So, no, it doesn’t surprise me at all that less than 18 hours after The Saga wraps shooting, Rob & Kristen are very openly and intentionally affectionate for the whole world to see.

Susie~ Cloud 9 for sure at the moment. It makes me utterly giddy to be able to see them so bloody happy. I do like seeing the video. I'm of the opinion that Rob didn't sneak so much as just kind of.... give in. He was all kind of sweet and giddy and Kristen was all giggly and happy and he just couldn't resist. :D But, he definitely has his impish smile. It's one of my favorites.

Of course, the question to answer now is whether or not Kristen will accompany Rob to the European premieres.

Unscripted~ :rotfl: Oh my gods!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Oh, sisters. You have to watch this interview with Rob and Reese from AOL's Unscripted. I love these because they tend to by hysterical by nature, but Rob on Unscripted is just downright painfully funny. Make sure you watch the little "outtakes" that they include as well. Good gods. I have no idea how the man can say the words, "I'm not funny" with a straight face.

*sigh* Good gods, he did look just scrumptious from head to toe, didn't he?
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS