Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by VolturiGirl »

Happy Thursday Halfway House.

Sorry that my Hump Day pic didn't open. That made me angry so here is an AngryRob pic. ( I love me some AngryRob)

Caryn ~ I see you. :wave: Trying to get my mini-post in before you get yours in. GAH!! You beat me.

Chernaudi ~ I come on the Lex at the end of the day only to be assulted by your dinner talk. You always make me hungry with your talk of fried chicken and potatoes. My favorite type of mashed potato is the red kind. I can somewhat cook. My husband is the cook in the family.

Tracy ~ I noticed that photobucket wasn't working. Still, today, I cannot search for anything. Is it doing that to you?

Marielle ~ If you want, I can get you a bumper sticker. I just have to wait til next payday. I really don't mind.

On a sad note, I dropped my Crackberry this morning and now I have this white strip going accross the front of the screen. It's small but it is just anoying.

EDIT: Caryn, I just saw the Breaking Dawn poster that you posted and all I can say with a PG-13 mouth is "WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH ALL THE WOLVES?" If I didn't know what Breaking Dawn was about, to me it would look like Edward stole Bella away from Jacob and Jacob/wolves are trying to get her back.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

Hmmmm.... Contemplating this BD "poster" (honestly it looks more like something a child would bring to school for the science fair).

I get the teeth baring wolves because the rest of the pack did decide to kill Bella (and the rest of the Cullens if I remember correctly) except for Jacob, Leah and Seth. Maybe the lone wolf in the center is supposed to be Leah. Now she is dreadful to Bella in BD but I always felt for her character and wouldn't begrudge her being shown as something other than a rejected bitter ex-girlfriend. I mean really, that's such a sterotypical dismissal of a women's right to have a grudge! She really did have a lot of other serious issues going on, she just handle them like a witch most of the time. Anway, I am getting off subject with Leah and I don't even know for sure that's her. Clearly Summit is trying to play up the action although I am not sure why. It's not like they are going to somehow captivate this huge male following on movie 4 lol.

What I can NOT stand is the positioning of Jacob (in front of Bella and Edward) as though he was protecting BOTH of them. Plus the makeup is horrid and the hair... UGh I can even go on about that. Especially now that we've seen Kristen in her Snow White extensions and she is gorgeous.... What is going on with hair and makeup on this movie??? Why why why? Is it intentional? I just cannot comprehend the unflatteringnous of it all.

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Rachel: I can't stand that either. I'm a guy and I don't care for the amping up of the action and building up the love triangle. I know that the latter was an important feature in NM and Eclipse, but it's run it's course, and Summit really abused it to the point of becoming an overused cliche. I like Twilight for the story, not the love triangle or the Team Edward/Team Jacob marketing horsecrap. If I had it my way, I have to admit, I'd take Bella all for myself if she came to me and welcome her with open arms while Edward and Jacob fight over her, but that's my greedy desire :). Still, I know that it's part of the novels, but it can be overused and overhyped.

General: I wanted to start writing today, just to get back into it since I haven't done anything since early June. Well, there were a couple of problems with that. One, I got up too late for me to really to do a whole lot, which lead to an even bigger problem. Microsoft Word needs updating, as the activation code has expired and has to be re-activated. My older brother is the computer expert in the family, so I'll try and get him to help me with it in a couple of days.

If anyone's wondering about my eye issue, it's getting better. My parents are out today, and my mom just looked at it. It's still swollen from the infection that has cleared up, but at least the infection has cleared up, and the swelling has gone way down from when it started to drain.. She said to just keep clean and it should be fine.

And this is yet another night were there's really nothing especially interesting on. So it's on to reading, playing GT4 and MOH, as well as reading. I had to return a couple of books to the library, but that'll allow me to read up on some books I have about the Netherlands and some of my own old World War II books--let alone the Twilight Saga Official Guide that I have checked out.

So that'll be if for me. I'm still filled up from my dinner last night. I'm thinking tonight some ramen noodle soup with some fried mashed potatoes, with some of the gravy I have left over in with the soup.

I'll be back later, and I hope that more people join in later too. :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Don't y'all be worryin' about Susie now.

Susie just bought the Glee Season 2 DVD set, so tonight she zoned out in front of the TV - very unlike her.

She wanted me to tell you she'll be back on the Lex tomorrow.

Susie's Personal Assistant
(this job is so fun, I'd do it for free)
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Wow! So quiet today.
I've been walking a mile every night now for a few weeks. I'm trying to loose a few pounds before HHCon. You all are my incentive to get back to pre-baby weight. I just jogged the last quarter mile and now I feel like my legs are falling off. (Ouch). It's almost 10 o'clock now so I think I will go to bed.
Good night everyone.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Chernaudi wrote: If I had it my way, I have to admit, I'd take Bella all for myself if she came to me and welcome her with open arms while Edward and Jacob fight over her, but that's my greedy desire 8-) .
Good for you Chernaudi. We probably need a Kristen's Halfway House thread for you....to be "equal opportunity" and all. :D I totally agree with what you said about the amped up love triangle aspect of the saga being built up and overdone, when it should have been left on the cutting room floor with other parts of Eclipse (thanks a lot, David Slade :evil: ) I hope your older brother is able to help you reactivate Microsoft Word so you can get back to your fanfic writing. It must be convenient to have a computer expert in the family.

Susie's Personal Assistant~ Thanks for keeping us in the loop on Susie's whereabouts. We look forward to seeing her on the Lex tomorrow. Susie~ Thanks for wishing my son a Happy B'day--he's excited as he gets to prolong the celebration over a week's time....he'll party with family Friday and have the kids' sleepover Saturday; I'll bring cupcakes for his team when he has a baseball game on his actual birthday (the 27th); and I'll have lunch with him at school and share goodies with his class next Thursday. My daughter and I are running the mile, not the 5-K in a couple of weeks. I can slowly jog a 5-K, but my knees don't seem to be agreeing with me too much just now to enjoy the extra mileage. You mentioned the Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy with which my coworker's son has been diagnosed....unfortunately the prognosis is pretty grim. :( There is no known cure at this time, only treatment of the symptoms and physical therapy and occupational therapy to strengthen muscles and help with bracing, splinting, assistive devices and/or wheelchairs etc., down the road. I believe most kids are non-ambulatory by their teen years, and many rarely live longer than their 20's or 30's. This sweet boy's parents are very loving, have a strong faith, and a great support system of family and friends, and try to take things one day at a time....and I guess that's all you can hope for, at this point.

Rachel~ I agree with you wholeheartedly about the unflattering look of most of this BD promotional material. I think we all agree that Rob and Kris are gorgeous enough on their own, and certainly not in need of the overdone photoshopping routinely used for many of these posters and materials. :? I seem to remember the tenth birthday being a pretty big deal too when I was a child. My son doesn't seem to care too much about the specific year; he's most excited about the fact that he's having friends spending the night and bringing their favorite Star Wars "guns and blasters". Boys will be boys...I guess. I hope "Sparky" is not making his/her Momma too uncomfortable or fatigued at this point.

Amy~ I loved your synopsis of the ridiculous BD promotional poster--it does look kind of like Edward "stole" Bella away from Jacob and the wolves. What are those marketing and PR folks at Summit smoking? :shock: Good for you for getting in shape! You'll be a hot momma when HH Con rolls around (not that you aren't already, of course!)

Caryn~ What a great early birthday gift you received from your close friend--he certainly does know you very well. Thanks for posting the travesty of a ginormous BD movie poster that will probably be planted in every theater come November. I guess it will be like that huge (but cool) Harry Potter poster/display that was nearly twenty feet long I saw in our theater this summer. It featured an epic look of the decimated castle, the trio, and even other cast members, I think. Everyone was taking pictures next to it, and I would love to have smuggled it out of the theater, although you would have needed an 18-wheeler to get it home. But stupid Summit.....of course they displayed Jacob prominently front and center, and again made Taylor appear as tall as Rob. :roll: Good luck as you start weight-bearing on your foot, and I hope it's not too painful.

Brenda~ I'm glad to hear your girls are enjoying soccer (well....two out of three, anyway ;) ). I can imagine that kids would probably enjoy acting with Rob very much. He can be so goofy and adorkable and act their age level--they'd probably warm right up to him. Good luck getting through your busy weekend, and enjoy visiting your brother's family.

Marielle~ Good luck working with your new physiotherapist. Many people do have some sort of muscle imbalance with certain muscle groups in their body.... where certain types of muscles will be almost overused and "tight", and the reciprocal (or opposite) muscles will be weaker and "stretched out", for lack of a better term. Hopefully he can help you determine which muscles need more flexibility and which need more strengthening and get you on a good exercsise program. I've never taken yoga, but it's supposed to be very good for the core muscles, as well as overall strength and flexibility. I've also heard it's a great workout and really kicks your booty, and is much harder than it looks.

Missp~ I'm glad you're finally feeling a bit better and hope you're officially on the mend. It seems like Cook's Pest Control Tim took the news fairly well about keeping things on the friends level for the forseeable future. It's nice to have a guy you enjoy spending time with and are comfortable just hanging out together, and hopefully that will be enough for him. Let us know what you think of the movie Abduction. I hope for Taylor's sake that the movie is well received and a success. I got caught up watching the first Jason Bourne movie again Sunday night, with Matt Damon. It reminded me just how well Taylor could fill that niche of young action star, in those suspenseful-thriller type movies. It's funny....of all the movies in which Rob, Kristen, or Taylor have been cast (the entire Twilight saga, Rob's indie movies, WFE, Remember Me, Bel Ami, Kristen's indie movies, The Runaways, Welcome to the Rileys), I'd probably have more luck convincing my hubs to watch Abduction, than any of the other movies mentioned, except for possibly The Runaways.

Christina~ Thanks for keeping us apprised of your parents' Twilight adventures. I usually alternate between reading "real" books and fanfiction myself, but I'm having trouble getting into any books just now. My brother is a voracious reader and enjoys recommending (and often giving) his favorite books as random gifts to family members. He can be somewhat of a book snob, however, and will never in a million years read Twilight, but he has read several of the Harry Potter books. He is somewhat aware of my Twilight and Harry Potter obsessions, and enjoys poking fun at me for said obsessions. While kidding with me about something or other to do with Twilight on the phone last night, he randomly said...."Did you know there are people out there who actually make up stories about Harry Potter, Twilight, and other movie and fictional characters, and there are whole websites devoted to this?" in a voice of complete consternation and dismay. And of course, not wanting to give him any more ammunition to add to the teasing, I casually replied, "Yeah....I'd heard that somewhere." :blush: If only he knew..... :taunt:
Banner by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

TGIF!!!!!

Facinelli Friday!!!!!!!!

I’m sorry tired and sad right now…
Yesterday we had a meeting for the apartment building I live in, I’m the head of that meeting and it was a heavy discussion all night… I got home after 10 with a massive headache… all problems are solved but I was dead tired and I still am…

Also an other bad start of the day… I decided to see what the scale is saying about me…I was sure I hadn’t gain weight on my holiday and before but the scale is saying something completely different… I’m back at 80kilo again… I’m so disgusted with myself right now…according to the doctor I should weigh 70 kilo and I have always been around 75 but the last few years I have been a bit careless, I guess… so I’m back on the diet…

Anyways, it’s almost weekend… that’s the best thing of today…

Brenda, my theory about the make up is simple… I don’t see Emmett agreeing on doing girly stuff… neither would Jasper and Edward… besides that I’m sure that Alice would be able to find make up that would stay properly on their skin, maybe even Rose will find that, they are both really into the girly things…
Hihi, I was so laughing at the discussion in the Gutter that I couldn’t help but reply in a very long post…I love posting…

Caryn, yep I was that horrible thing… I honestly didn’t consider it to be worth looking at (besides that small spot that should be a bright and happy couple)…I was furious about it, I growl and cursed when I saw it and silently prayed that the movie would be good…
I know yoga isn’t easy, my bf has a co-worker who does that, we see her regularly, she is becoming a good friend and she told me she had sore muscles for 4 weeks when she started it…I just hope that maybe it could help me feel better…

Amy, you don’t have to go through a lot of trouble and spend a lot of money on that for me… but if it isn’t much trouble than please…I’ll pay you back at the HH-con…
Loosing weight before the HH-con was my idea as well, but I’ve got a high school reunion coming up as well so I really need to get to loose the pounds..

Rachel, it can be that they made the human Bella a bit less beautiful, so that after her change that contrast is bigger…but still, it’s very difficult to make Kris look anything but beautiful…

Chernaudi, are you going to watch the F1 this weekend? I want to but I have a dinner early on Sunday so I’m going to miss the finish…

Tracy, the therapist said that the muscles in my throat and sides of my neck aren’t strong enough and everything is over compensated by the large muscles in the back, but when he examined my ankle he noticed the same issues with my leg muscles…I have been doing my exercises every day now I hope that it will really help…
Are things settling back down at your work?

Well work is calling and I really have a big pile on my desk…

See you all tomorrow!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I have something to do so I'll make this one a quick one.

Marielle: I plan on watching practice tonight, but right now, I have Secrets or World War II on. I can't really judge if anything else is gonna be on tonight because the guide for our DirecTV system sucks. They're predicting rain most of the weekend off and on, it's a night race, and, being Singapore, a street circuit. If it was on at the same time as the other far east races, I'd watch to see what mayhem ensues.

And don't be so weight conscious; unless it's too unhealthy, I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

Everyone: My eyelash thing is healing up. We had an issue with our water pump (we have a well at my house) and we have that fixed now. My brother knows about the MS word thing. My issue is trying to get an idea to write from. I kinda know where I left off, but I'll probably have to read my last chapter or two and even at that it'll likely take a day or two to get an idea to go from there.

Good night everyone, unless I get back online before like 4:00 or something. :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Remember this?
It makes my heart melt and explode, at the same time :swoon:

Wasn't that one of the earliest stills from WFE that we received?

Marielle~ Sorry you're so exhausted, but I hope the issues were resolved at the apartment meeting. You've had quite a busy week for your first week post-vacation. Hopefully you can catch some rest this weekend. Try not to worry too much about the weight--just modify your eating habits a bit and take it one day at a time. I hope your exercises really do help strengthen your ankle and counteract the pain you've been experiencing.

News on the Bel Ami front has been lacking the past week or two.... just to ensure that we don't forget Georges DuRob in all his glory :swoon:

Have a wonderful Friday everyone! I'll try to check in when we can, but I'll be busy this weekend entertaining in-laws for an overnight visit, enjoying a celebratory birthday dinner for my soon-to-be ten-year old son, and hosting a sleepover with five 4th grade boys. :shock: ;)
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good Friday morning, all. It's quiet and calm around these parts, though I seem to completely lack motivation to do anything work related this morning. I'm doing my best though. I'm sure I'll get there eventually. Part of it may be that I know I'll come in to the office Saturday and likely Sunday. Plus, yesterday we had not one but TWO federal site visits from supporting agencies, which was pretty stressful. So, I'm not really into taxing my brain too much today. Probably not the best attitude to have less than a month before conference, but it's where I am.

Facinelli Friday!! That is how Dr Cullen should look. It makes me rather sad to see how far downhill he's gone.

Amy~ :lol: The little irony of that is that it took my nigh on 2 hours to complete my post because I kept getting interrupted and also had to do a small bit of research on something. Sorry to hear about your Crackberry. I know your pain. Yes, I agree with your interpretation. It does look like that, doesn’t it? Grrrr… interfering mongrel. Good for you on the walking. Wish I could do that right now! ;-)

Rachel~ The photoshopping was certainly done with all the subtlety of a 2-year-old on Meth. I’ve said all along that, rather than sue Biel, they needed to hire her and get rid of all the second-rate hacks who are creating this crap. I, too, understand the presence of the wolves, but to make them so huge and central to the image is ridiculous.

Chernaudi~ My husband feels the exact same way. In fact, he said to me after Eclipse that if he wanted to see an action movie, he’d go see one. He made an intentional decision to see a drama/romance and that’s what he wanted to see.

Susie’s PA~ Thanks for letting us know. Yeah, Glee can be mighty distracting.

Tracy~ :lol: I was thinking on Wednesday that maybe I should have posted a special HumpDay picture just for Chernaudi. Yes, my friends know me way too well. I opened it up and Hubs took one look and said, “well damn, guess now I have to hunt down the Bella doll to go with it, huh?” I handed him my girlfriend’s email and told him she’d know exactly where to find it, how to order it and probably how to get it shipped free. Believe you me, I will be hard pressed not to “accidentally” run it over with my scooter or fall on it and break it while wobbling on my crutches. Yes, that was actually the first official image we got from the WfE set. *sigh* He’s so sweet with Queenie. Oh good gods. Here’s hoping you survive the sleepover. I say lock yourself in your room with a glass of wine and a good book (or your laptop ;) ) and let hubs deal with the abundance of junior testosterone this weekend.

Marielle~ Don’t be too hard on yourself. It’s fairly normal to overindulge a bit on holiday. So, you go back to eating your normal diet, maybe take a few more walks, and voila! In the end, it’s a number. Don’t let the number rule your world. Be healthy and happy and the number is inconsequential.

Alright, I suppose I should get some work done. Laters!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS